RIM is promoting it is new Amazon MP3 App, in it's BB Newsletter and in doing so they are giving away $5 in Amazon credit towards the purchase of MP3s.

"Download the Amazon MP3 app and get the music you love.
    A new music source for BlackBerry� smartphones; the new Amazon MP3 application gives you access to Amazon's massive catalogue of MP3 downloads.

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

That�s your special $5 code which you can use for songs or albums at Amazon MP3. Here's what you have to do:
    1. Download the Amazon MP3 app
    2. Click the BlackBerry Menu key
    3. Click on Options
    4. Click on Enter a claim code
    5. Enter your code and click Apply

Your $5 credit will be applied to your account*. Use it to get one of Amazon's popular $5 albums or choose � la carte from the massive list of tunes. The choice is yours.
    "

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Guatiao likes this.
    02-28-11 06:30 PM
    Yep. I recieved that email today also...to bad they didnt say when I could order the playbook. lol
    02-28-11 08:49 PM
    And considering the number of albums that are in the Amazon Mp3 App list for $5 dollars, that's a pretty nice deal. I've been running the Mp3 App since Beta, and it's pretty nice. They also put up free songs on a daily basis. Now to figure which album I'm gonna download...

02-28-11 09:06 PM
    How do I get a promo code?

03-01-11 08:06 AM
    Banked mine yesterday too!
    03-01-11 09:06 AM
    I got mine, but cannot download music, as it gives me an error message. Amazon told me to contact my carrier... help!
    03-02-11 09:09 PM
    I put the code in but comes up invalid code

03-22-11 07:06 PM
    the amazon mp3 app for playbook from android marketplace works flawlessly (even for canadians*)

its pretty cool as well. they say you need to be in the US to use the app but I have a remote server running in the states that I used to sign up. I am in Canada.

I then used the amazon mp3.bar from google android marketplace (free) and it works flawlessly on my playbook even with a canadian ip. I think thats pretty sweet.
    Deposit Files

*For Canadians that want to make this work you will need to activate on a computer with an ip from the states (either web proxy, or remote server).

The playbook app works currently with Canadian ip's. No clue how much longer that will be. Lets hope they dont read crackberry forums
    Last edited by Guyzer; 03-01-12 at 04:06 AM.
    03-01-12 04:03 AM
    So Rims making Amazon apps?
    03-01-12 04:08 AM
    This is for Playbook?
    03-01-12 05:48 AM
    Awesome! I love free stuff.

Amazon is also giving away an Amazon gift card when you open an Amazon/Chase VISA credit card. I thought that was pretty cool too so I did it.
    03-01-12 05:54 AM
    the amazon mp3 app for playbook from android marketplace works flawlessly (even for canadians*)

its pretty cool as well. they say you need to be in the US to use the app but I have a remote server running in the states that I used to sign up. I am in Canada.

I then used the amazon mp3.bar from google android marketplace (free) and it works flawlessly on my playbook even with a canadian ip. I think thats pretty sweet.
    Deposit Files

*For Canadians that want to make this work you will need to activate on a computer with an ip from the states (either web proxy, or remote server).

The playbook app works currently with Canadian ip's. No clue how much longer that will be. Lets hope they dont read crackberry forums
    Before your post, the last post in this thread was almost a year ago...
    03-01-12 07:21 AM
    Before your post, the last post in this thread was almost a year ago...
    Sigh. Got my hopes up.

No one reply after me please. ^^
    03-01-12 07:52 AM
    i know i was trying to be conscientious about not starting multiples threads. I apologize, i was looking at the month not the year

still playbook app works great (w/ android player)
    03-01-12 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD