Is it safe to put my torch in the tanning bed or should I leave it laying outside the tanning bed? I just want to make sure something doesn't screw up doing it. I'd rather have to call someone back than spend money on a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-11 04:34 PM
    A. Tanning is relaxation time, not phone time.
    B. Tanning beds get HOT. Your phone could very easily overheat.
    C. Even if you were to bring it in the bed, you wouldn't be able to see the screen.
    02-28-11 04:39 PM
    Ahh.....Yeah......Leave it out. Also don't take it in the shower!
    02-28-11 04:46 PM
    Another "intriguing" CB thread!

It's widely known that the I-Phone is much better in a tanning bed than the Torch!?!?
    Last edited by tellsells; 02-28-11 at 05:13 PM.
    02-28-11 05:09 PM
    Another "intriguing" CB thread!

It's widely known that the I-Phone is much better in a tanning bed than the Torch!?!?
    That's great! Very true!
    02-28-11 05:14 PM
    Might as well leave it out. You can't stare at the screen without frying your eyeballs anyways. If you're worried about missing calls, use a bluetooth headset.

02-28-11 08:19 PM
    Then, you would have tan lines around the earbud.
    02-28-11 08:25 PM
    Funny I come home from tanning to see this post. My torch always stays OUTSIDE the bed. For the 20 minutes I'm in there life gets put on hold. I can always call someone back after.
    I'm actually kind of surprised that this would be brought up, guess I never thought anyone would want to bring thier phone in there.
    02-28-11 08:32 PM
    Seriously? Man, you MUST be country!
    02-28-11 11:04 PM
    Tanning bed?? You're frying yourself... that's your personal choice and you have every right. Did you ever bother to ask your poor Torch how it feels about the radiation? And maybe it likes the way it looks and doesn't necessarily WANT a tan. lolololol

03-01-11 05:48 AM
    Lmao. I think maxinspace answered my question. And fyi, if u wear the protective eye wear like ur suppose to u could see the screen. But yes I will leave it out.

03-01-11 06:46 AM
    Well if you take it in to the tanning bed, then you would end up having the first brown Torch. We have heard of fried Torch, quad four Torch, smashed Torch, and now Tanned Torch.
    03-01-11 09:03 AM
    I have taken my iphone (which I hated as a phone and now use like itouch) in the tanning bed, but only to use the music player. Might the OP be asking about the Torch from this standpoint rather than not wanting to miss a call?
    03-01-11 10:16 AM
    Funny I come home from tanning to see this post. My torch always stays OUTSIDE the bed. For the 20 minutes I'm in there life gets put on hold. I can always call someone back after.
    I'm actually kind of surprised that this would be brought up, guess I never thought anyone would want to bring thier phone in there.
    Same here!! When I'm tanning I do not want to be bothered
    03-01-11 10:22 AM
    I have taken my iphone (which I hated as a phone and now use like itouch) in the tanning bed, but only to use the music player. Might the OP be asking about the Torch from this standpoint rather than not wanting to miss a call?
    Yeh. I'd like to use my mp3 player on the phone but everyones saying not to.....so no torch n the tanning bed.

03-01-11 10:29 AM
    LMAO, i thought this post was a joke at first.

No offense to the OP, but are people really this dumb?
    Last edited by huecobros; 03-01-11 at 12:14 PM.
    03-01-11 10:31 AM
    this is the dumbest question I have ever read.
    03-01-11 12:12 PM
    I've heard this works better with android or windows mobile.

While I'm in this thread, I'm just wondering where people affix their blackberries when they are getting a massage? If you think it is more appropriate, I'll start a new thread
    ghostryder12 likes this.
    03-01-11 12:36 PM
    this is the dumbest question I have ever read.
    ...And this is the exact reason why people have started leaving CB. Whether you think the question is dumb or not is a mute point.

People come here looking for help, whether its a dumb question or not doesn't matter, they simply want an answer. Just think if you posted a question and the answer was your post, how upset would you be and would you likely come back for more help? I think not.

My mother always used to tell me "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all".

I also seem to remember a proverb that goes nicely here(not sure if Chinese or not). "There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers."
    Last edited by homer1475; 03-01-11 at 12:44 PM.
    ghostryder12 likes this.
    03-01-11 12:42 PM
    LMAO, i thought this post was a joke at first.

No offense to the OP, but are people really this dumb?
    I was in two minds at first about this one also.

But just wow.

You are definitely COUNTRY bro !
    03-01-11 12:42 PM
    ...And this is the exact reason why people have started leaving CB. Whether you think the question is dumb or not is a mute point.

People come here looking for help, whether its a dumb question or not doesn't matter, they simply want an answer. Just think if you posted a question and the answer was your post, how upset would you be and would you likely come back for more help? I think not.

My mother always used to tell me "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all".

I also seem to remember a proverb that goes nicely here(not sure if Chinese or not). There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers.
    Agreed in general, but if people don't point out the lacking in the post, the OP might think that these kind of questions are inherently normal, and then he or she would grow up in a world where the population are slowly becoming less and less intelligent, not because said person doesn't have the oppurtunity to be intelligent, but because no one gives them the chance to gain that intelligence.

I'm all for not being rude to people, but at the same time, I think a little bit of common sense goes a long way, no ?
    03-01-11 12:45 PM
    Agreed in general, but if people don't point out the lacking in the post, the OP might think that these kind of questions are inherently normal, and then he or she would grow up in a world where the population are slowly becoming less and less intelligent, not because said person doesn't have the oppurtunity to be intelligent, but because no one gives them the chance to gain that intelligence.

I'm all for not being rude to people, but at the same time, I think a little bit of common sense goes a long way, no ?
    I agree for the most part, but I also believe the OP had a legitimate question. My concern would be if the UV light emitted by tanning beds would either hurt the LCD or the finish on the phone. So i don't think its a dumb question at all.

Think of it this way.
    I manage a kitchen in a restaurant, and I tell someone to go slice meat, to me a dumb question would be "how thick?"(were talking lunch meat here that we get in bulk), But if they didn't ask I would end up with unusable meat.

So I stand by my statement of "There are no dumb question, only dumb answers."
    ghostryder12 likes this.
    03-01-11 12:52 PM
    I agree for the most part, but I also believe the OP had a legitimate question. My concern would be if the UV light emitted by tanning beds would either hurt the LCD or the finish on the phone. So i don't think its a dumb question at all.

Think of it this way.
    I manage a kitchen in a restaurant, and I tell someone to go slice meat, to me a dumb question would be "how thick?"(were talking lunch meat here that we get in bulk), But if they didn't ask I would end up with unusable meat.

So I stand by my statement of "There are no dumb question, only dumb answers."
    I also agree to a degree with what you are saying, but there is a big difference between wondering whether you should take your electronic device onto a tanning bed, and someone asking you for advice on how thick to cut meat in what is presumably an area you are skilled in.

Just my 2cents, and I am British after all, and we tolerate this kind of thing a lot less, I think.
    03-01-11 12:55 PM
    Tanning beds are an indoor sun. Do you hide your Torch from the sun? There- an answer and an education all rolled into one.
    03-01-11 01:27 PM
    in the the OP he said, "I'd rather have to call someone back than spend money on a new phone."
    I think this would lead people to think he meant to use the phone...as a phone.

For the record, I think everyone has the right to ask any Torch related question they want (in a BB Torch forum) without being ridiculed.
    Just like we always say if you don't like BB, move on, the same applies to a thread. If you don't like the question, then move on to the next but no need to be rude.
    ghostryder12 likes this.
    03-01-11 01:58 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD