got this new BB 2 weeks ago. For the first week I used the phone a lot to get use to all the function of the BB. So I finally got the hang of the phone and stopped testing everything out.

I fully charged my phone 3 days ago and notice a decrease of 20% battery life per day with no use at all. I had it on standby mode with no wifi/ bluetooth on, no texting, no calling and no application running too. (today is day 3 with a remaining 40% life?)

Why is the battery life so short? should i get a new one? I thought the battery could hold close to 500 hrs on standby mode
    02-28-11 10:54 AM
    So you are getting 5 days on a single charge? What's the problem with that? Your phone's still connected to the mobile network right? That would use up power, even on standby.
    Relax, and start USING your BB
    02-28-11 12:20 PM
    I don't get it, why do people want to even go 1 day without a charge?

The Bold series has the highest battery capacity out of the box, it is made to allow you to use it to the max with all its features and still be able to get through the day easily.

Other BBs may not even be able to withstand such heave usage. Be very glad you are getting so much battery life, this is not a decrease, it sounds fine to me.
    02-28-11 12:24 PM
    obviously the OP is new. under normal usage most of us get a day an half maybe out of one charge. All of us charge daily. you'll b hard pressed to find a smart phone that lasts longer its the paradigm switch from dumb to smart phone
    02-28-11 12:33 PM
    obviously the OP is new. under normal usage most of us get a day an half maybe out of one charge. All of us charge daily. you'll b hard pressed to find a smart phone that lasts longer its the paradigm switch from dumb to smart phone

+1

Very well said.
    02-28-11 12:54 PM
    oh ok, thanks for the reply.

Going to use the BB like its meant to be now.
    02-28-11 01:49 PM
    Enjoy your blackberry and welcome to crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 01:21 AM
    The lithium ion battery cannot be overcharged, and it will last longer if it is topped off regularly. I charge mine every night when I go to bed. It always lasts all day with heavy use.
    03-04-11 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD