Hello All,

Just got a storm 2. It is used, I got it off ebay. So I loaded it up and everything works great. So I tried my verizon app to check my data usage and it downloaded the newest version of my verizon, 6.0. I went to use it after it downloaded and it gets to the red screen that flashes the star and my verizon logo and it goes no further. I have pulled the battery, removed it and reloaded about 10 times with no luck. Not sure what to do. I used it on my curve all the time to keep track of my data usage, since I only have 150 mb to use. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
    02-28-11 08:10 AM
    Google BBSAK - Blackberry Swiss Army Knife - it's free. Install it, then connect the Storm2 to your PC and fire up BBSAK. Do a system read, then remove the app and reboot. Download My Verizon and it should work fine. Or you could go to the main screen, hit the Menu key and choose Options, then Applications, then highlight My Verizon and delete and reboot and reinstall.
    02-28-11 06:26 PM
    Agreed, uninstall my verizon and redownload it.
    02-28-11 07:45 PM
    Same problem. Did the delete and re-load. I thought it was because I was running a hybrid, although it had worked previously with hybrids. Maybe it is the 6.0 version but not sure where to get a prior version.
    02-28-11 09:06 PM
    Having the same prob with my 9550 Assurion replacement. Tried reinstall with no luck. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-11 10:09 PM
    Try setting the app to compatibility mode. Fir� it up. It may hang and a batt�ry pull may be needed. Turn off compatibility mode. It should work. Its a software glitch with my Verizon.

02-28-11 10:17 PM
    I had the same problem with the "My Verizon" and "My Data" apps after reading an article on the main page and changing my default application permissions. I don't remember which permission was actually blocking the Verizon apps, but after resetting them both applications started working correctly.
    02-28-11 10:19 PM
    This happen to me too, go to iPhone, Cell Phones, Smartphones, Refurb/CPO Phones with the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless and down load YOUR GUIDE MOBILE, then from there down load MY VERIZON. That should do it. It worked for me good luck

02-28-11 10:36 PM
    Tried all the suggestions above and nothing worked. Finally went to this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/my-verizon-app-530299/
    and downloaded the 5.0 version. Used BBSAK to add the cod and it is working fine.
    03-01-11 01:20 PM
    I got version 6.0 to finally work. Instead of using the link that is pushed to the homescreen on the device (Storm2 9550), I went to the VZW wap site, mobile.vzw.com. From there you can download the app; there is an icon for My Verizon.

Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone else still having issues. It worked for me. Not sure why though.
    wesware likes this.
    03-02-11 09:45 AM
    I got version 6.0 to finally work. Instead of using the link that is pushed to the homescreen on the device (Storm2 9550), I went to the VZW wap site, mobile.vzw.com. From there you can download the app; there is an icon for My Verizon.

Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone else still having issues. It worked for me. Not sure why though.
    Thx for the link. This is the only solution that worked for me. Much appreciated!

03-02-11 12:39 PM
    Thanks that did indeed work...I must have tryed the pushed lonk 10 times with a reboot each time. thanks alot as this is a usefull app.
    03-02-11 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD