I've just noticed recently my Blackberry 9700 on Three UK has very bad BIS connection, I'm not 100 per cent sure if it's my handset or the network's problem.

Well, my Blackberry 's BIS has been on and off for the last a few days that I've noticed, BIS icon is on (small Blackberry icon next to single bar), but data connection goes out for 20 mins or so a time and happens constantly.then BIS is back, for 5-10 mins or so and off again, it's been driving me crazy. I called my friend on the same network but has an iphone, data is fine.

Does anyone on three's bis experienc the same?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 03:49 PM
    BIS is currently iffy in the UK for most networks.

Explain signal issues more.

Are you going to just 3G without the icon ? or 3g

3G without the icon would indicate BIS
    3g would indicate carrier.

Also check you've got the latest software - new platform might help, even if its not the official three software, could still help.
    03-14-11 09:40 PM
    I have the very same issue, started a few days ago.

I get:

3G without the BIS icon. BIS icon/connection works for a few mins (sometime a few secs) and then its gone.

Starting to get very annoying now

Currently running 6.0.0.448 (official 3 OS)
    Last edited by SadikP; 03-28-11 at 03:01 PM.
    03-28-11 02:49 PM
    That is a either a RIM or Carrier BIS issue, try raising it with your BlackBerry tech team in Three, if they have one.

If not take a punt with telling RIM in the UK directly, number is on their UK site.
    03-29-11 02:56 PM
    i have the same problem on my BB 9780, wtf is happening i phoned 3 and they are yet to call me with a blackberry technical team
    06-14-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD