helppp i droped my bb curve on a tile floor and it wont turn on all it does is have a red light when i plug it in and thats it i even took out the battery i and it has been 2 hr sense helppp iv droped my phone before and it has turned on after i plug it in to the charger and it would give it an hour to charge then turn on and now it wont help anyone? my phone is like 3 years old
    02-26-11 09:10 PM
    Check the charging port to see if it's cracked: I dropped my 8330 of three years and that was the last straw for the charging port. I'm happy with my 8530 now (loving OS5)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 09:38 AM
    helppp i droped my bb curve on a tile floor and it wont turn on all it does is have a red light when i plug it in and thats it i even took out the battery i and it has been 2 hr sense helppp iv droped my phone before and it has turned on after i plug it in to the charger and it would give it an hour to charge then turn on and now it wont help anyone? my phone is like 3 years old
    This sounds incredibly scary, but drop it again (on carpet). What happens is the battery contacts get stuck or jammed and the battery connections will charge the phone but are not tight enough to power the phone. You can also take out the battery and play with the contacts and see if they will pop out.
    This happened to my phone; fortunately, I was at work and was saved by another crackberry user. It works.
    02-27-11 02:01 PM
    This happened to me too, all I did was get a different battery. Some how the new contact pads did something to the phone and it works 100 % now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 06:15 PM
    They drop nicely, but they don't land so well. After 3 years and a few free-fall events I would say you're ready for a new Blackberry.
    03-01-11 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD