Anway of removing the previous carriers splash screen? It was originally a rogers but transferred in to Bell.
    02-26-11 06:26 PM
    There is no way legally to remove that splash screen as you need to unbrand the device for that to happen. Only way to unbrand is the use of illegal software
    Lightower likes this.
    02-26-11 06:29 PM
    Unlocking doesn't change the splash screen in anyway. As previously mentioned, the only way to do that is to debrand the device and the tools needed for that are not allowed to be posted.. Plus, even if you do get a shold of them, they've not been updated for newer devices and as such you'd just liekly end up with a cool looking Rogers paperweight.
    Lightower likes this.
    02-26-11 06:43 PM
    Everyone is right ... Cannot rebrand it ..
    Lightower likes this.
    02-26-11 06:48 PM
    i've hacked a lot of gadgets (including making new BIOS boot screens, etc), but even i won't bother trying to get rid of the carrier splash screen. it's really complicate (to say the least), and the risk of bricking your phone is just way too high. totally not worth the risk, IMHO.
    Lightower likes this.
    02-28-11 08:24 AM
    Thanks. I'll leave it alone. On another issue. I've reduced the screen brightness to 10 and setup the screen dim to 30 seconds but still find the battery drains much quicker then my old Storm. Any suggestions?
    03-01-11 10:17 PM
    Did you try turning off the location settings?

May I ask how long are you getting out of one charge?
    Lightower likes this.
    03-01-11 10:19 PM
    A full charge will last me 8 hours. There is a some sort of screen saver that does show up...varies during each interval from stars, to pictures, matrix counter etc.

Do you mean the GPS location settings? Yes it's on.
    03-01-11 10:32 PM
    I would recommend turning off the GPS location settings if you don't use it.

I'm not exactly sure about the screen saver that might be draining some of your battery. Most likely an 3rd party app
    Lightower likes this.
    03-01-11 10:37 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I disabled the GPS and will look into the animated applications.
    03-01-11 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD