I have a small problem with my address book. When I first opened it after upgrading the os I noticed that I has double entrys for every contact. This was an annoyance that I have delt with before. Or so I thought. It turns out that I have two seperate but identical address books both from my gmail account. When log into gmail there are no duplicates.

How do I get rid of one of them. All the searches I've tried have led to threads pertaining to duplicate entries. Nothing I've found is of use to me.

Is it possible to delete them both then re-sync with gmail and hope only one comes back or will the sync erase what is in gmail list?

Any advice or links you might have is appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 01:57 PM
    Just an update. I deleated the email account from my BlackBerry then used Desktop Manager to delete my address books.

Next I set up my email address again and let it sync.

My problem seems to be fixed.

02-26-11 06:40 PM
    I had to do the exact same thing a few months ago. What you did was recommended to me. Worked fine, as yours seems to have.
    02-26-11 07:09 PM
    If you sync your phone with Gmail there is a feature there on their computer web portal in the contacts part to merge duplicates and it works very well.

02-26-11 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD