Some of the best features of the 9780 is the faster processor and of course OS6. Unfortunately, after I upgraded my phone from OS 6.0.0.359 to the leaked OS 6.0.0.461 - I have run into too many problems to list! I just want to list the major ones I am facing:

1. 9 to 10 minute startup time after the battery pull (Used to be just about a minute)
    2. Cannot get a 3G signal anymore - I just get GPRS and it takes 20 - 25 minutes to register with the data network!
    3. Apps take about 2 - 3 minutes to open (Used to take 4 - 5 seconds!)
    4. Backups take 20 minutes to complete (Always gets stuck at Groups)
    5. And many many many more.

I would stay away from this version, even though many users have reported positive experiences. Just wait till the testing is complete and the official version is launched. I am really worried that this upgrade has physically damaged my phone (Though that may be physically impossible and that its just in my mind).

I would like to please request a guide to downgrade back to OS 6.0.0.359. Please let me know the procedure as I would like to do this immediately.

Any help on the downgrading guide would be greatly appreciated and I urge other users to please steer away from this release, till its official (To avoid the headaches I am currently facing)
    02-26-11 05:02 AM
    Downgrade exactly the same way you upgraded.

And a few corrections...

1) There is nothing wrong with OS .461 whatsoever, and to warn people away from it just because you've have a bad experience is just plain stupid

2) No OS will physically damage your phone

3) If .461 is made official, it will be EXACTLY the same as the leaked version

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 02-26-11 at 07:10 AM.
    brava27 likes this.
    02-26-11 06:13 AM
    This WILL be the official version the minute a network accepts it.... it won't be any different.
    I'm sorry for all the crap you're having to deal with. There''s gotta be something else going wrong. I would wipe the device totally clean (with bbsak) and start over. 461 is the best os to date.
    If you need instructions, I can help you.

02-26-11 06:15 AM
    As previoisly mentioned, the leaked version of .461 will be exactly the same as any "Official" version released by a carrier. As Phill pointed out, it is not possible for an OS to cause physical damage to a device, that happens through normal use and abuse. If you want to downgrade, just follow the exact same procedure that you used to upgrade. Before completely downgrading, you may want to try a wipe and reinstall of .641. Anyway, if we can help, let us know.

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/
    02-26-11 07:04 AM
    I've your no. 1 problem, which is taking 10-minutes to start after a restart and the phone is slower and sluggish in general.

I then do what the others have told you, back-up the data and wipe the phone and re-install the OS. It's now working great, no problem whatsoever.

So, when in doubt: back-up and wipe!

02-26-11 07:55 AM
    Backup and wipe indeed.

The problems you reported are all indicative of a bad OS LOAD not a bad OS release.

BBSAK it and see how it goes.

I'm on my third run with .461 and I really couldn't be happier with this release.
    brava27 likes this.
    02-26-11 07:58 AM
    Been using this leaked version since it's first launch & no problem till now.
    02-26-11 08:06 AM
    Thank you everyone for the prompt replies.

I don't want to stir up panic with the poor experience I had with leaked version - Just that I thought that reporting the errors would help serve the CB community better. I am following the suggestions with a low level wipe via BBSAK, followed by a frsh reinstall.

I will post my feedback once the installation is completed, to confirm if there was a problem with the initial loading of the OS or whether this problem still persists.

Stay tuned...
    02-26-11 02:46 PM
    i got 461 on and its not skipped a beat
    brava27 likes this.
    02-26-11 04:19 PM
    Been using it since day one, faste reboot times, superiors speed, applications take less than a second to launch, backup takes the usual time. To be honest with you, not a single problem, this is by far the best OS released for the 9780 till date, it has changed the way the phone works.

I am sorry you are facing so many problems this definately doesnt sound right.

Has it been like this ever since you installed it or just recently?

If it was just recently, then try to remember of any programs you have recently installed.

Furtheremore, if you disbelieve in this build so much just downgrade.
    brava27 likes this.
    02-26-11 09:50 PM
    It's been good for me but a few problems. When I go to launch my camera I keep getting a prompt that it's open in another application and that I need to close that first. Video won't open either.
    Battery pull is the only solution to that for me.
    Also Quicklaunch keeps requesting a reboot saying it has changed something.
    I still get the lag I have been getting. I'm on my second 9780 and if I'm having an SMS conversation after the second or third message I get the clock for about 30 seconds. Same when writing a few emails in a row.
    02-26-11 10:17 PM
    Strange to hear such bad experiences. I guess as this OS may nit be for everyone, perfect here with 0 errors and super snappy

02-26-11 10:51 PM
    I'm having one problem with this version as well. The "text message" can't be found anywhere. But will redo it just to see if it can be resolved.
    02-27-11 02:30 AM
    @phil,
    For me it take around 6-8 minutes to latch to EDGE (No 3G here).

02-27-11 03:03 AM
    UPDATE

Thank you everyone for putting your suggestions and comments on this thread.

I completed a low level wipe via BBSAK, followed by a fresh re-install and I would like to report that all the initial problems have been resolved!

From my earlier post, here are some new results:

1. 1 Minute 45 seconds start-up time after the battery pull (Used to be just about 10 minutes!) - I tried this 5 times with consistent results
    2. I only get a 3G or rarely switch to the EDGE network within 10 - 15 seconds of the OS loading - Earlier I just got GPRS and it took 20 - 25 minutes to register with the data network!
    3. Apps take about 1 - 2 seconds to open (Used to take 2 - 3 minutes)
    4. Backups test has not been done yet, but I'm sure that time has also greatly improved.

All in all after 24 hours of use, I can recommend this firmware version, but after a low level wipe! BBSAK was used to also backup and restore 3rd party apps!

So now I'm back to being happy with my 9780 and OS6. People, if you are facing the problems that I was facing, remember - wipe the device and install the software (Don't forget to backup data and 3rd party apps)!

Thanks again and hope this cleared some issues with 6.0.0.461 for more than just me...
    02-27-11 06:06 AM
    I just want to report back about my case, I re-install it again (wipe with bbsak, delete vendor.xml, run loader.exe, batt pull few times then only restore my data). The text messages is there, but when I re-install all my apps from appworld, after another restart (batt-pull) my text messages is gone (again). Any idea?

just to list out apps that I have installed:

-YM
    -WLM
    -whatsapp msgr
    -FB
    -twitter
    -XE
    -Navita translator
    -Foursquare

Previously everything worked fine when I was still using .359

help me please anyone

addition: when the text messages is nowhere to be found, everytime i restart the phone, there will be this "java exception error" pop up message right after application verification.
    Last edited by moshpit21; 02-27-11 at 09:40 AM. Reason: add more details
    02-27-11 09:21 AM
    I just want to report back about my case, I re-install it again (wipe with bbsak, delete vendor.xml, run loader.exe, batt pull few times then only restore my data). The text messages is there, but when I re-install all my apps from appworld, after another restart (batt-pull) my text messages is gone (again). Any idea?

just to list out apps that I have installed:

-YM
    -WLM
    -whatsapp msgr
    -FB
    -twitter
    -XE
    -Navita translator
    -Foursquare

Previously everything worked fine when I was still using .359

help me please anyone

addition: when the text messages is nowhere to be found, everytime i restart the phone, there will be this "java exception error" pop up message right after application verification.
    Yup, do exactly all that except backing up your sms and mms messages. It should all work after that.
    Worked for me.
    02-27-11 09:37 PM
    Yup, do exactly all that except backing up your sms and mms messages. It should all work after that.
    Worked for me.
    what do you mean? i dont really get it, care to elaborate more?

but yeah, it has nothing to do with apps as i removed all the apps (yes all), and the error message still pops up after every restart, and i cant still find "text messages" icon.
    02-28-11 01:12 AM
    what do you mean? i dont really get it, care to elaborate more?

but yeah, it has nothing to do with apps as i removed all the apps (yes all), and the error message still pops up after every restart, and i cant still find "text messages" icon.
    Selective restore and select everything except SMS and MMS messages. That is what I did.
    02-28-11 09:34 AM
    But I want to keep my sms messages :S
    02-28-11 12:11 PM
    I am sorry to hear that bro but even I faced the same problem and I installed the leaked OS version but then it ruined my phone and I couldn't get it back to the original version which came installed with my phone.I am from india and I have an unlocked phone which can work with any network so I had to give it back to service center for a downgrade... I got my phone after two days and its fine now thankfully.
    I tried the security wipe and every thing possible but ultimately I had to give it to the service center for a repair.. Now its completely fine..*touch wood..
    I wud advice u to do the same. I will stay away from any tricks on my BB with leaked versions and all as it ruined my phone too for sumtime and 2 days I didn't have the phone so business emails also was a lil prob but that's a different story

take care and best of luck

Some of the best features of the 9780 is the faster processor and of course OS6. Unfortunately, after I upgraded my phone from OS 6.0.0.359 to the leaked OS 6.0.0.461 - I have run into too many problems to list! I just want to list the major ones I am facing:

1. 9 to 10 minute startup time after the battery pull (Used to be just about a minute)
    2. Cannot get a 3G signal anymore - I just get GPRS and it takes 20 - 25 minutes to register with the data network!
    3. Apps take about 2 - 3 minutes to open (Used to take 4 - 5 seconds!)
    4. Backups take 20 minutes to complete (Always gets stuck at Groups)
    5. And many many many more.

I would stay away from this version, even though many users have reported positive experiences. Just wait till the testing is complete and the official version is launched. I am really worried that this upgrade has physically damaged my phone (Though that may be physically impossible and that its just in my mind).

I would like to please request a guide to downgrade back to OS 6.0.0.359. Please let me know the procedure as I would like to do this immediately.

Any help on the downgrading guide would be greatly appreciated and I urge other users to please steer away from this release, till its official (To avoid the headaches I am currently facing)
    02-28-11 02:55 PM
    Its a great build! The only prob I've noticed is that my visual voicemail disappeared..

03-01-11 05:04 AM
    well if you are not happy with .461x or any build of blackberry OS

goto windows add remove remove the OS

reboot

re-install 6.0.0.359 or what ever build you like best

goto Computer / C: / x86/common files / Research in motion / AppLoader

scroll to bottom - remove vendor file, delete it

go back to the top DoubleClick on "Loader" install the new .359 OS

20 min later you should be fine.
    03-01-11 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD