Kind of curious to know if anyone has been experiencing any data slowness ever since Verizon introduced the Iphone a couple weeks ago?

I use ORB to stream my Sirius satellite player to my BB. For the past couple weeks, I'm experiencing a lot of "buffering" and sometimes connecting to the internet via browser is a pain in the a$$.

I haven't called Verizon as of yet, but prior to I wanted to get some feedback.

Anyone else have this issue?
    02-25-11 05:15 AM
    I've never had what would be considered FAST internet from my phone but this is my first smartphone so I have nothing to compare it to firsthand. However my son got the new iPhone from Verizon and his service is MUCH faster than mine. We have run side by side tests and his always loads much quicker than mine. Again this is my first smartphone and I am sure the more tech savvy among you has your phone configured to be a lot more efficient at downloading than I do mine.

So to sort of answer your question I have not noticed any real difference nor has my son who came from an Android and uses his phone for internet a lot more than I do.
    02-25-11 07:02 AM
    I haven't noticed a difference positive or negative.
    02-25-11 02:53 PM
    i have not noticed anything different with my service either.
    02-25-11 03:03 PM
    I've never had what would be considered FAST internet from my phone but this is my first smartphone so I have nothing to compare it to firsthand. However my son got the new iPhone from Verizon and his service is MUCH faster than mine. We have run side by side tests and his always loads much quicker than mine. Again this is my first smartphone and I am sure the more tech savvy among you has your phone configured to be a lot more efficient at downloading than I do mine.

So to sort of answer your question I have not noticed any real difference nor has my son who came from an Android and uses his phone for internet a lot more than I do.
    the iphone is a much better phone that what you are using, its going to be faster
    02-25-11 03:06 PM
    I think Verizon sold just 12 iPhones so far....
    02-25-11 05:58 PM
    Dave, my best friends cousins uncles buddy is a verizon rep. He said they were up to 16 as of this afternoon.

Also, I have not noticed any change in service.
    1812dave likes this.
    02-25-11 06:04 PM
    Dave, my best friends cousins uncles buddy is a verizon rep. He said they were up to 16 as of this afternoon.

Also, I have not noticed any change in service.
    now they're back to 13. Returned, customer will wait for Thunderbolt.
    02-25-11 06:07 PM
    now they're back to 13. Returned, customer will wait for Thunderbolt.
    LOL!!!

I must say I truly was glad to see that the Jesus phone didn't meet pundits' sales expectations. According to news sources, UPS was pretty cheesed off over the slow sales,due to them going out on a limb (which is ultimately THEIR OWN fault) and setting up special handling centers for non-existent Jesus-phone sales. GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
    02-25-11 06:12 PM
    I haven't noticed any difference.
    02-25-11 10:08 PM
    Not noticing anything different over here either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 12:24 AM
    LOL!!!

I must say I truly was glad to see that the Jesus phone didn't meet pundits' sales expectations. According to news sources, UPS was pretty cheesed off over the slow sales,due to them going out on a limb (which is ultimately THEIR OWN fault) and setting up special handling centers for non-existent Jesus-phone sales. GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
    I happen to like the iphone, there are two in the family now.
    02-26-11 10:10 AM
    I started getting a lot of errors on that day, on pretty much anything using data. I called Verizon and they had me try several things from clearing my cache, resetting service books, and finally a reinstall.

They transferred me to RIM technical support, who had me do another fresh install. I was still getting error 504, Gateway Timeout.

I called the next day and all RIM would say is it's a 'known issue' and they're working on it. No resolution, no help.
    02-26-11 12:01 PM
    I happen to like the iphone, there are two in the family now.
    I have no problem with people liking whatever it is they like. What I DO have a problem with is this: if my carrier (Verizon) loses it's best features, which is awesome coverage of the US along with connection reliability, THEN I'm gonna be pissed because a zillion Jesus phones mucked up the service. Now you are messing with MY happiness. I wished fervently, for the last couple of years, that Verizon would "just say no" to the Jesus phone. Let AT&T deal with it.
    02-26-11 12:53 PM
    "the iphone is a much better phone that what you are using, its going to be faster" -howarmat

Thanks for the info.
    02-27-11 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD