A 9.99 charge shows up on my bill and I have to go through 3 different calls and reps. before they agree to take it off.

Evidently someone or some company gets your number and slams you with the charge.

I stroke'm the same 260.00 check for years and it's 9.99 more, one month, and they want to give me trouble about taking it off.

Has anyone had experience with this? I guess your cell number can be hacked as well.
    02-24-11 08:22 PM
    What's the premium text code?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 08:37 PM
    Sounds to me like someone was voting for their favorite singer on American Idol, or what they thought of the Super Bowl Halftime Show...
    02-24-11 08:43 PM
    My brother has this charger on his bill
    Premium Text 9.99 and something about Horoscope
    I should prolly make a call and see if I can get that off of there.
    02-24-11 08:46 PM
    Sounds to me like someone was voting for their favorite singer on American Idol, or what they thought of the Super Bowl Halftime Show...
    That particular line belong to the grandmother which lives in assisted living.
    Doesn't even have text on the line, only a few minutes. The phone might as well be a jitter bug. At any rate a competent rep. reviewed the account and agreed to take the charge off. At no time was this line or phone used to access anything remotely close to this charge.
    02-24-11 08:53 PM
    That particular line belong to the grandmother which lives in assisted living.
    Doesn't even have text on the line, only a few minutes. The phone might as well be a jitter bug. At any rate a competent rep. reviewed the account and agreed to take the charge off. At no time was this line or phone used to access anything remotely close to this charge.
    Well it was great of you to mention that in the OP...

You don't need to have a texting plan to be able to text too, a Jitterbug phone is also capable of texting...

Those $9.99 charges are from things exactly like what I mentioned, and you made zero mention of the phone or who was using it.

Supermario asked a great question that you just seemed to ignore, but you responded to my comment (not even a question) in a defensive way because you failed to provide us with enough information in your OP.

I guess I'm a little confused now... Are you just relieving some stress and ranting a little, or did you want help with this?
    02-24-11 09:10 PM
    This happened to my Husband a couple of times. You can go in and put a block on premium texts. We did that and haven't had a problem since.
    02-24-11 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD