CrackBerry announced that MLB At Bat 2011 has been launched for the new season. Even though the $14.99 asking price is probably about 5 dollars too high, I will likely be downloading ASAP b/c I used this app a ton last year, and got a lot of value out of it, despite its limitations.

Still no streaming video, but c'mon, how well do you think a Bold or Torch would honestly handle live streaming baseball video when it can't even play YouTube clips effectively? The highlights and condensed games are pretty awesome, and I used the radio feeds from time to time.

Anybody see anything new for this year? The screenshots look identical. If I download and find anything new, I'll let you know. One thing that annoyed me a little last year was that you couldn't just leave the scoreboard open and have it update...individual games would auto-update, but not the whole scoreboard. I reverted to ScoreMobile at times late last year, but still used the videos and radio quite a bit.
    02-24-11 01:34 PM
    Thanks for taking the plunge and letting us all know it works out for you. I almost bought it several times last season for the radio features, but never seemed to be out of range of catching a Giants game on the radio. The MLB mobile site did the rest for me.
    02-24-11 02:14 PM
    I found that the Radio App alone made it worthwhile for me. Economically, the single payment was so much more effective than $13 a month for XM, which I had to shut down due to economic concerns.

Oh, and $15 for an entire season of baseball as compared to $20+ to go to a single game: Priceless. Even when I went to games, I carried a radio to listen to the play-by-play.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-24-11 at 09:10 PM.
    02-24-11 09:06 PM
    I also bought and installed At Bat 11 today. The audio, in-game highlights and condensed games are great for a displaced Minnesota Twins fan living in Kansas. And I look at the price like this: MLB Gameday Audio on your computer is $19.99/year, and the same audio features on your BlackBerry are $14.99/year. And the app will stream audio over Bluetooth, so I can listen on headphones, my car audio system, and my home audio system.

I'm a little disappointed that the interface and features appear identical to last year's version. They do say in the app description, "Additional features and functionalities for At Bat 11 will be released for Opening Day." So hopefully we'll see some new things in another month or so.
    02-24-11 10:02 PM
    if your looking to just stream the audio, try TuneIn radio - it's free. I'm sure baseball audio will be available, I listen to hockey games on it now.

I have purchased At Bat the past 2 years for the audio, but I think I'll just use TuneIn this year.

02-25-11 12:59 AM
    So I went ahead and bought it. I like it, for the most part, but it feels rough around the edges. I like that I can set up notifications, but when I scroll in the notification settings page no teams are highlighted. (I finally selected the Giants out of trial and error. The highlighting works fine for setting my favorite team though.). When I open the app after it notifies me a game is starting I select the notification and it does nothing. When I open it it goes to the wrong day. The notification icon on the home screen is also the wrong aspect ratio. The app doesn't seem to have a cache because it has to reload everything whenever I switch back to it from a different app. And now that I feel like I've done a ton of complaining, anyone else have any of these or similar issues? (I'm gonna try and reinstall it and see if that helps)

02-26-11 02:26 PM
    Hey I just posted an article comparing the different sport leagues mobile apps. Give it a look and let me know what you think. And if you already bought the mlb app please write a review about it. Let the developers know what you think about their app.

You can find the article at http://www.smartappdpeot.com

And you can find the listing for your review at MLB At Bat Lite | Sports

Let me know what you think.
    02-26-11 09:35 PM
    does anyone know if it is possible to watch videos and listen to audio wihout wifi on a blackberry 9800? the mlb at bat 10 would not allow me to stream audio without a wifi connection when i had my 9700. i know my bros iphone lets him watch games and listen to games with no wifi connection.
    02-27-11 11:05 AM
    if your looking to just stream the audio, try TuneIn radio - it's free. I'm sure baseball audio will be available, I listen to hockey games on it now.

I have purchased At Bat the past 2 years for the audio, but I think I'll just use TuneIn this year.

I tried that today. It didn't work It did tell me the game was on but being blocked.
    02-27-11 03:40 PM

You might think that would be the case, but MLB has a hard lock on their content, and are prertty well determined they're gonna get paid for it. So be prepared to shuck some bucks.

02-27-11 03:59 PM
    Any suggestions? I have purchased MLB at bat 2011 for the 9700. I am running the most current OS for Rogers. I open the app and it displays the games in progress in column form.
    I use the menu button which shows an option for "play audio".
    I proceed with this, and receive a small display which shows the teams and available audio feed with: (logging in).
    A few seconds elapse then i received (network error) within the same smaller display.
    I have contacted MLB support by phone twice and was told that the app is stable and working and that it must be with Rogers....
    Any assistance will be appreciated,
    02-28-11 01:42 PM
    hey all...getting Error starting AtBat:Symbol 'CodeModuleGroupManager.getPropertiesFromModuleGro up' not found.

any ideas?? tried delete and reinstall 3 times....did batt pulls..losing my mind!!
    Last edited by j.p.hatfield; 03-01-11 at 06:41 AM.
    02-28-11 08:30 PM
    You might think that would be the case, but MLB has a hard lock on their content, and are prertty well determined they're gonna get paid for it. So be prepared to shuck some bucks.

There all getting greedy! I use to stream 700 WLW (Cincinnati Reds) thru my browser with moodiofm now YourMuze with out paying a dime. Now to even listen to WLW you have to use IHeart radio and even then the games are blocked out. Yet you can still listen to all the games on the old AM radio for FREE!
    I would really hate to break down and pay for the MLB app if the audio doesn't work properly.......just my 2 cents

02-28-11 09:09 PM
    CrackBerry announced that MLB At Bat 2011 has been launched for the new season. Even though the $14.99 asking price is probably about 5 dollars too high, I will likely be downloading ASAP b/c I used this app a ton last year, and got a lot of value out of it, despite its limitations.

Still no streaming video, but c'mon, how well do you think a Bold or Torch would honestly handle live streaming baseball video when it can't even play YouTube clips effectively? The highlights and condensed games are pretty awesome, and I used the radio feeds from time to time.

Anybody see anything new for this year? The screenshots look identical. If I download and find anything new, I'll let you know. One thing that annoyed me a little last year was that you couldn't just leave the scoreboard open and have it update...individual games would auto-update, but not the whole scoreboard. I reverted to ScoreMobile at times late last year, but still used the videos and radio quite a bit.
    I had it last year and just installed 2011 version the other day

Good app, audio great, video highlight's great, well worth the �12 for the season

I switched on notifications-what notifications should I get when season starts? Would I need to open the app to get the notifications or would the go in BB message app?

Well worth the �12 but appears poor compared to iphone/android versions

03-01-11 04:16 AM
    Last year I had the MLB app for my Bold 9000 except that it was called mobile premium. Anyone else seen any info on mobile premium for this year or info that the "At Bat" app will work this year.???? Help please, dying to listen to spring ball at work.
    03-01-11 12:55 PM
    I downloaded this app yesterday. It is killing my battery. I used it for 20 mins yesterday and 10 mins today. My battery would go from 4:00 am to 9:00pm on half a battery. Since loading the app it lasts until 6:00pm and is dead! I select exit at bat when closing...so is it killing my battery just being resident on my phone? I called support for the app today, and they could not offer me any help. Any ideas?
    03-03-11 05:40 PM
    Hm, have you done a battery pull since installing it? It hasn't affected my battery life at all as far as I can tell. My only guess would be one of the notification settings or something.

Also, I just battery pulled my phone and got a message from app world saying the MLB app was updated, but when I clicked upgrade nothing happened, and app world didn't show a new version. Anyone else have this happen?

jimmyswan likes this.
    03-04-11 03:37 PM
    Also, I just battery pulled my phone and got a message from app world saying the MLB app was updated, but when I clicked upgrade nothing happened, and app world didn't show a new version. Anyone else have this happen?
    That's App World's wonderful update notification system for you. The update (2.0.1) is there. I was able to install it by connecting to my computer and updating via the App World website. Not too much different, but it did fix a bug where news articles wouldn't load on my Storm2.
    03-04-11 04:39 PM
    Hm, have you done a battery pull since installing it? It hasn't affected my battery life at all as far as I can tell. My only guess would be one of the notification settings or something.

The battery pull did the trick, and i did get the update also. Thanks!!!!
    03-06-11 09:09 AM
    hey all...getting Error starting AtBat:Symbol 'CodeModuleGroupManager.getPropertiesFromModuleGro up' not found.

any ideas?? tried delete and reinstall 3 times....did batt pulls..losing my mind!!
    I am getting the same thing, I have tried it with a couple different hybrids and no luck. If I use the official OS it seems to work. Any ideas on which COD may not be installing?
    03-06-11 03:30 PM
    Hoping I can get some help.

Just downloaded this app and it is awesome! One issue though, I cannot watch video via wifi connection. I can stream clips on Sprint's 3G Network (as good as possible), but get an error message when I try on ANY wireless netowork. I tried customer service for both MLB Mobile and Blackberry. Everyone said it was the other's fault.

Anyone else having this issue?
    03-07-11 01:35 AM
    What notifications do you get? And where do you get them? (Message box or in the app)

03-07-11 07:20 PM
    What notifications do you get? And where do you get them? (Message box or in the app)

Thanks Sheff -

I select a video clip in wifi for playback, and the media player comes up....then I get the Buffering note, then a notification pops up after about 30 seconds saying An error has occurred attempting to play media. Everything else works on the mlb app, and video plays on youtube via wifi, but not on mlb. THAT is the one thing I am after!
    03-07-11 11:28 PM
    Just saw the 2.01 update from App World. Will try to see if my rants to mlb.com mobile made a difference!
    03-08-11 08:49 AM
    So let me get this straight, I paid $14.99 to get MLB online and now they want $14.99 for listen to it on my phone, since I can't log in on my phone...what a crock of SH!t...the greed of the MLB.
    03-08-11 04:39 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD