Will the PB have a remote control? Haven't seen anything regarding this. But it would seem to be highly useful if using it to HDMI output to a large screen, for presentations or watching video, etc. Anybody hear anything on this?
    02-24-11 12:07 PM
    We could see something evolve from the bridge, where you could use your bridged bb as a remote. Thatd be neat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 12:31 PM
    Seems to me like it's almost a must have for those using the HDMI output(?).....
    02-24-11 06:03 PM
    Will the PB have a remote control? Haven't seen anything regarding this. But it would seem to be highly useful if using it to HDMI output to a large screen, for presentations or watching video, etc. Anybody hear anything on this?
    Interesting thought, I have not heard anything about that. But like barrist we might see something spring out of that. I have been thinking about a wireless HDMI adaptor to allow one to walk about with the device.
    02-24-11 06:21 PM
    Def a good idea I am sure if it takes off companies will develop some type of presentation remote

02-25-11 10:36 PM
    I would definitely like to see this as well. Preferably being able to control slides from my BB phone.
    04-21-11 11:48 AM
    I use my Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad combo to remote control my PlayBook when it is hooked up to the TV....
    04-21-11 12:24 PM
    The solution is for the PlayBook to get DLNA support... so then you won't need the HDMI cable to stream to your tv (assuming it supports DLNA too). Then you just keep the PlayBook in your hand... and it IS the remote.
    04-21-11 12:25 PM
    why arent companies making the obvious? or do these things just take time ?
    05-01-11 05:50 PM
    Being able to use your BlackBerry as a remote would be good, just trying to work out if it's possible and how I'd make an app to do that :/
    05-01-11 06:15 PM
    ONCE I am finished with my AP Tests I will be working with my brother(who has exp with Flash) to make the app.
    I'm actually planning on turning the BB into a BT Keyboard and the Trackpad into a Mouse. (I will have the left click as a volume key or alt+Trackpad.
    My plan would be making the app have a free and 299 version. (Free would have Ads playing on the main screen[unclickable but they still get views])

tempest9780 likes this.
    05-01-11 06:34 PM
    My HP Palmtop 200 had an IR and so it could function as a remote. I guess BT has taken the place of such archaic concepts as IR!
    05-01-11 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD