I tried to revert back to OS 5, as I hate the browser on 6. So, I made a back up using the desktop manager.

Long story short, I did something wrong, and lucky for me the re-install/back up worked.

BUT...

It didn't load the entire OS. I don't have any games, and am missing a few other minor things...but here's what's weird.

My Yahoo email account works and shows up fine, but my sprint.blackberry account will not send or receive any messages. It shows up, but doesn't work. I've tried re-doing my user name, but it says "Its already in use" (duh).

Can anyone guide me on how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 11:10 AM
    I think I had something similar happen to my old Curve when I upgraded. Login to BlackBerry Internet Service on a computer using your user id and pw you setup (should be the same one in the BB e-mail setup). Then what you need to do is delete the account through that site, then you should be able to request the same e-mail address and set it up like you were requesting a new one. I tried calling Sprint when I had the issue and they just said they couldn't send me my password, I googled it and that fixed it for me.
    02-25-11 08:51 AM
    I'm on a shared plan with my wife. So, would she have to do it since she has the first line, also the admin line, or is that site something I can log into my self?

(Sorry for lack of info also, its a Curve 9330. Came with OS5, then I made the terrible choice of going to 6)

And also, is there a browser out there that offers a GOOD column view? I hate OS 6's browser, cause you have to zoom in on everything. That was the MAIN reason why I wanted to try and revert back to 5)

Last edited by kneel; 02-26-11 at 07:28 AM.
    02-26-11 07:25 AM
    Bump. Anyone got any info they could add?

03-02-11 07:41 AM
    Have you tried deleting the [CICAL] Service Book entry and then resending the Service Books?
    03-02-11 12:06 PM
    My Wife and I both have BBs on a Family plan, you would both have separate logins to the Sprint BIS site I linked previously, it is the same login you use to login to the e-mail setup on your phone directly, which is individual for each user. Sorry for the delay on the reply, I didn't subscribe to the thread.
    03-04-11 10:51 AM
    Thank you guys, I wil give them both a shot. I let ya know what happens!!

03-06-11 08:26 PM
    Ok, so I tried the link above to log in, no good. Should I create an account (the other option on the link page above)?

I also tried deleting what was said above and resending the service books..no dice.

Lemme add/ask this....when I tried going back to OS5, I somehow wiped my phone blank, so I used the back up I made to at least get it running again..but I am missing all my games, I had to physically install BB app world, and a few others are missing. Should I just back up my pics/music/anything I want to keep, and try to just re-install the whole OS6?

03-07-11 04:17 PM
    I wouldn't think you would need to create a new account, I log in with what I log in on my BB for e-mail setup, do you remember the user name and Pw you setup on your BB? If not, you may be able to click the forgot password if you know your user name. Not sure if a wipe to OS5 and reinstalling OS6 will fix the issue or not.
    03-07-11 04:23 PM
    Yea, I tried the forgot password. It says username doesn't exhist. Lol..but its right on my phone!!

Prolly gonna have to do a complete re install to get everything straight. I have my pics/music saved elsewhere. So, all I'd lose is my phone numbers, which there aren't that many.

Weird man...weird...

03-09-11 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD