In the past year I went through, 2 Iphones 3g, 2 Mytouch3g, 2 BB 9650, 1 BB Storm, 1 BB Storm 2, a TouchPro3g, 1 Samsung Vibrant, 4 HTC HD2 (the most fun you can have with a phone), 1 G2, and finally a 9800 Torch.

Bottom line, I am back to my loved 9700, which after the 8820 is the best, fastest, easiest, most comfortable to use, and feel good phone ever built.

Anybody came back from "the better ones" to their trusty 9700 ????
    02-23-11 07:46 PM
    Before my 9700...had a Cliq, MT3, iPhone3G, BB S1, 8900 and two Pearls oh and short while on a Nexus1 and don't need to switch to find out if I need to come back as I know what works best for me now.

9700 hands down...till Bold Touch anyway, lol!

Also messed around a couple weeks on a Torch and didn't care for that much either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 08:01 PM
    Before my 9700...had a Cliq, MT3, iPhone3G, BB S1, 8900 and two Pearls oh and short while on a Nexus1 and don't need to switch to find out if I need to come back as I know what works best for me now.

9700 hands down...till Bold Touch anyway, lol!

Also messed around a couple weeks on a Torch and didn't care for that much either.

curious, how was the nexus 1?
    02-23-11 08:18 PM
    In the past six months I've had three Android phones, a myTouch Slide, a Samsung Vibrant and an Optimus T (which I like best). But I keep switching back to my 9700. It just works better at the things I do the most. I still get irritated at the small screen, the poor synching and limited features of the calendar, the slowness of some programs like Weatherbug Elite radar animation, etc. Still, I get more irritated with the Androids' short battery life, lack of hardware "send" and "end" buttons, poor bluetooth, etc. Sure looking forward to trying the Dakota.
    02-24-11 08:32 AM
    When I bought the Torch and had it for a week, I returned it and bought another 9700. It is so much better with the keyboard, battery, and form factor

When the 9780 got released I bought that and never looked back.

the 512 MB of memory on the 9780 makes a big difference.

Even after installing like 20 apps, I still ahve 272 MB of ree memory so my phone is always super fast with no loading clock icon ever
    02-24-11 10:08 AM
    our administrative assistant, who bought herself an iPad 5 months ago.
    02-24-11 10:13 AM
    The 9700 is such a great device. I have used a vibrant and mytouch 3g in the past year and they just aren't as good as the 9700 in my opinion. I recognize the areas they are better but those don't matter to me. What does matter are the areas they fall short. At any rate I hear what you're saying and I am still loving my 9700 15 months after the purchase. But as has been pointed out...I'm getting the bold touch on day one and am completely excited for it.
    02-24-11 10:16 AM
    The 9700 remains my 2nd favorite device after the 9780. They are very identical anyway
    02-24-11 10:17 AM
    me. see my sig file.
    also 9700 still running OS5. OS 6 annoys me
    02-24-11 10:37 AM
    I have had the torch .. and looking at the atrix.. but cant give up my 9700.. the form factor/weight/keypad..hands down its the device hard to give up......
    02-24-11 10:44 AM
    I was on the storm 2 for a few monts last year, but rushed back to 9700.

Funny thing though, when the 9700 was launched many users bugged about the smaller keyboard compared to the 9000 and the trackpad compared to the trackball.

Now the Bold will go back to the larger keyboard and formfactor, how many will then miss the smaller sized phone?

Personally, when I have to cross that bridge, I will give the Full Touch formfactor another try, that Monaco looks awesome.

02-24-11 12:23 PM
    I had a 9700, but wanted OS 6 so I got the Torch, didn't like it, so got the 9780 instead. Love the size, OS6 + 512 memory + 5 MP camera
    02-24-11 09:19 PM
    Lets see..phones i've tried to leave bb for: palm pre, htc incredible, iphone(s),
    samsung captivate, nexus one. I keep coming back because even though ALL of the above listed phones offer more features than bb, the bb excels at what its built to be..the world's best handheld communication device. The majority of the other phones that i've tried actually hampered my ability to be productive. They are primarily media/app centric devices with a focus of time consumption not time management. My bb allows me to stay on top of my business with a minimum of distractions and a consistent user experience. Just one man's humble opinion.
    02-26-11 02:52 AM
    I came back to my 9780... Essentially the 9700.
    02-26-11 06:16 AM
    ...I keep coming back because even though ALL of the above listed phones offer more features than bb, the bb excels at what its built to be..the world's best handheld communication device. The majority of the other phones that i've tried actually hampered my ability to be productive. They are primarily media/app centric devices with a focus of time consumption not time management. My bb allows me to stay on top of my business with a minimum of distractions and a consistent user experience. Just one man's humble opinion.

That it the EXACT opinion I have, you nailed it right on. You can stop playing with the Androids, that's all you do.
    02-26-11 07:52 AM
    I have no choice but to use a BB for work (which is fine by me because I love them).. I had my 9700, then went to the 9800... Just actually moved back to my 9700 because the size of the 9800 is annoying as is sliding out the keyboard everytime I want to type something.

Just updated my 9700 to OS6 and it's pretty good so far.. If I notice it lagging a lot I'll probably just spring for the 9780 or wait for the dakota
    02-26-11 05:37 PM
    I've had to learn the Samsung Vibrant because that's the phone my husband bought and I have to teach him how to use it. I can say that I truly love my 9700 and would never want a phone like the vibrant. I love my BB and am waiting anxiously for the Bold Touch.

02-26-11 09:32 PM
    I had a 9700 that got stolen, and decided to buy a 9780, which is pretty much the same device only more memory and a better camera, and I would not see it any other way. Ever.
    02-27-11 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD