02-23-11 06:16 PM
    This thing just get worst as each day goes by. Each day news comes out that makes the device seem rushed. Between the price, no flash, can't use SD card slot, they just make it way too easy for Apple and this is good for the Playbook to swoop in and get some of the market share. I just don't understand why you release the device without these features and then inconvenience the customer even more by making them have to send it back for 4G.
    02-23-11 06:55 PM
    Man, this thing is looking worse everyday.
    02-23-11 07:03 PM
    This thing just get worst as each day goes by. Each day news comes out that makes the device seem rushed. Between the price, no flash, can't use SD card slot, they just make it way too easy for Apple and this is good for the Playbook to swoop in and get some of the market share. I just don't understand why you release the device without these features and then inconvenience the customer even more by making them have to send it back for 4G.
    It would have been far better they either released a Wifi only or a 3G version in the first place than this whole melodrama and I think Xoom would have been alot cheaper with out them accounting for an additional return shipping and supports costs into the MSRP. With this they are not just losing the customer focus on the Xoom but any other product Motorola would release in the future.
    02-23-11 07:05 PM
    The "upgrade" to LTE was always know from the beginning. so that does really bother me. the no flash is dissappointing though. I am thinking the WIFI only version will come once the flash issues resolved though
    02-23-11 07:08 PM
    It would have been far better they either released a Wifi only or a 3G version in the first place than this whole melodrama and I think Xoom would have been alot cheaper with out them accounting for an additional return shipping and supports costs into the MSRP. With this they are not just losing the customer focus on the Xoom but any other product Motorola would release in the future.
    Motorola is projecting losses for this quarter though so maybe they felt pressure to help save their numbers.
    02-23-11 07:09 PM
    Here's a review of the Xoom. Unlike the PlayBook, the Xoom has serious lag problems when there's too many apps open. Among other problems. Look like the Xoom needs some work. They'll get it better with future firmware updates.

Review: Motorola Xoom – The Android Tablet Redefined
    02-23-11 08:53 PM
    can't charge with the microusb? proprietary motorola charger? brutal.
    02-23-11 09:16 PM
    charging with a microUSB would be extremely slow since its so limited on the output.
    02-23-11 09:25 PM
    Makes ya kinda glad they didn't rush the playbook!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 09:35 PM
    It costs $799 because it has 3G built in.

/thread
    02-23-11 10:42 PM
    Hmm, charge $200-300 up front for the shipping, handling and upgrade cost, and hope that some customers don't bother with sending theirs back.
    02-23-11 11:30 PM
    Wow....looks like greed ahead of good development.
    It will be a fun read to go back to the first posts after this thing was announced. Maybe during my train ride today.

02-24-11 02:15 AM
    It will be a fun read to go back to the first posts after this thing was announced. Maybe during my train ride today.

I just think its funny how quickly the xoom turned into a train wreck. It went from sounding so amazing to being a pretty crappy rush job. All the reviews have mentioned lagging and chrashing apps, it's missing SD, 4G and Flash and now motorola is being sued for stealing the stupid name.

This was the best tablet at CES? Lol I guess I can see why at least the demo unit at CES could actually play videos. One reviewer complained that his couldn't. I just hope RIM launches the PlayBook when its ready. The Xoom needed some more time in the oven.

Last edited by Witmen; 02-24-11 at 09:08 AM.
    02-24-11 08:46 AM
    I just think its funny how quickly the xoom turned into a train wreck. It went from sounding so amazing to being a pretty crappy rush job.
    +1 Wouldn't surprise me to start hearing unboxing stories about how people opened theirs and found it held together with duct tape

The flash (or lack thereof) wasn't really a big deal in my mind..as long as it was followed up in a few weeks as promised. All these other issues are beginning to snowball this thing into a definate "steer clear" and avoid..especially for initial launch.
    02-24-11 09:10 AM
    what irks me the most is when companies TRY to insult your intelligence.
    $799 is a dollar from $800.. last time i checked, and plus taxes it's gonna be close to $850 anyway.
    Why not just price it at 800.
    02-24-11 09:49 AM
    What makes the Xoom cost $799.... the idiots running Motorola of course! It will be interesting to see if this Mobility spinoff can actually turn a profit.
    02-24-11 09:51 AM
    Cool!!! I'll take two of em! :| <----my serious face!

02-24-11 10:04 AM
    $799 is a dollar from $800.. last time i checked, and plus taxes it's gonna be close to $850 anyway.
    It's because people are actually stupid enough to fall for it.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Why is a 99p price tag so attractive?
    02-24-11 10:32 AM
    The "upgrade" to LTE was always know from the beginning. so that does really bother me. the no flash is dissappointing though. I am thinking the WIFI only version will come once the flash issues resolved though
    +1 Wouldn't surprise me to start hearing unboxing stories about how people opened theirs and found it held together with duct tape

The flash (or lack thereof) wasn't really a big deal in my mind..as long as it was followed up in a few weeks as promised. All these other issues are beginning to snowball this thing into a definate "steer clear" and avoid..especially for initial launch.
    Doesn't come with flash now - but will be available as a free download
    Motorola XOOM - Verizon Wireless
    02-24-11 10:47 AM
    I live in DE so no sales tax me. Every buck counts LOL. No but I agree with you. But it's psychological pricing. Because it looks cheaper people perceive it to be cheaper. I read a story about it years back that back in the days when there was no sales tax and everything was priced at a rounded number that cashiers we dishonest and would pocket the money. So owners starting pricing their stuff 1 or 5 cents lower to ensure the cashier would have to open the drawer. Not sure how true that is but I did read it a couple years back.
    02-24-11 11:01 AM
    Doesn't come with flash now - but will be available as a free download
    Motorola XOOM - Verizon Wireless
    yes we both know this....but since flash is available already on android OS its kinda letdown that they could get the new 10.2 on the device for launch. **** hold it back 3 weeks and then get flash on it. At this point being so costly and unfinished its going to take a hit.
    02-24-11 11:19 AM
    The same reason gasoline is priced 1/10 of a penny less. Isn't everything priced this way in your area? It is where I live.
    02-24-11 11:20 AM

Hopefullly Moto is smart and waits to release the wifi version once everything is worked out. Most reviews are overall positive and see the potential in the device as a great ipad competitor, but mention how it does have quirks that still need to be ironed out.
    02-24-11 11:24 AM
    02-24-11 11:47 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD