Hi all, I am newbie here...would appreciate any advice.

I have the Blackberry curve 8330.

I have been having problems with my bbm all morning. I can't seem to send messages, but I have received a couple, and I am able to see people's status updates. When I try to send a message, I just get the check, but no "D" for delivered.

I am able to text, get emails, go online, etc. Just can't send BBMs.

I have pulled the battery three times, shut the phone off, even tried to pull the memory card. No luck.

Any ideas? and thanks in advance...
    02-22-11 01:01 PM
    Have you tried re-hosting your routing table? Go to Options, Advanced, Host Routing Table, and select to Register Now.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to resend your service books as well. Go to your e-mail settings, Press menu, select service books, and then select to send service books. See if those two things and see if that fixes it.
    02-22-11 01:06 PM
    Have you tried re-hosting your routing table? Go to Options, Advanced, Host Routing Table, and select to Register Now.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to resend your service books as well. Go to your e-mail settings, Press menu, select service books, and then select to send service books. See if those two things and see if that fixes it.
    Elvin, thanks...I did those two things. So far, nothing as far as my BBMs going through.
    02-22-11 01:21 PM
    I have also been having problems with bbm. yesterday it would not send pics or vnots. i dl'd the newer version this morning and am still having problems with some contacts rec'g my msgs. sometimes i am having to send the msg 3 or 4 times before it will mark as D
    I am not having a problem sending bbm to my wife in the same area as me. But i am having problems sending to contacts outside of my immediate area.
    have rebooted with app 3 or 4 times, have also rebooted with battery pull at leaset twice this morning.
    I have bold 9700
    and i have no problems with any other application on my phone right now (it seems anyway)

could this be a RIM server problem?
    02-22-11 01:36 PM
    hmmm could be I guess. I have actually never had this happen before, so I don't know what the problem is, I am just kind of hoping it resolves on its own...I hate to have to go to the Sprint store.
    02-22-11 01:40 PM
    this is happening to my girlfriends phone and she is on the sprint network, i am on verizon and all is fine with mine, she has rebooted , pulled battery, reinstalled bbm. still nothing
    02-22-11 02:03 PM
    Same here. Bbm was working fine last night and briefly this morning. Now nothing. Groups won't work and neither will single messages to contacts. I'm getting data and have done multiple battery pulls. We can't be the only ones having this problem. It's very frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 02:47 PM
    I think there is an issue. Remote backup and restore are not working either. On AT&T.
    02-22-11 02:57 PM
    I'm on verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 02:58 PM
    Still having these problems.. Is there anyone I can contact? I recently removed a leaked version of OS 6 from my 9650 and put on the official verizon one if that makes a difference.
    02-22-11 04:57 PM
    And just did a test with a contact. I cant receive messages fine but cannot send them and they do not get the R when i Read them.
    02-22-11 05:01 PM
    Im losing my mind. Who do I contact to resolve this problem? Verizon or RIM?
    02-22-11 05:47 PM
    Do you use Twitter? I have found that tweeting @BlackBerryHelp is usually the quickest way to contact RIM regarding issues with your service. They're FANTASTIC...

I haven't been having any BBM issues today, I will tweet to @BlackBerryHelp and see if they respond to me. I'm sure I won't hear anything until tomorrow...

Unfortunately these kinds of things happen occasionally, but not very often. Usually it's a BB server issue, and it usually resolves itself within a day or so.
    02-22-11 09:16 PM
    Moved to BB Native Apps
    02-22-11 11:27 PM
    My BBM just started working again...... yaaaaaaaa
    02-23-11 03:10 PM
    yes, this problem cleared up. some of my contacts rec'd all the msg's i sent thoughout the day at one point in time in the afternoon. very strange. must have been a problem with the service and not my bb bold 9700 as i had thought.
    02-24-11 09:41 AM
    I have a question, in the last 2 weeks, for some odd reason, my BBM keeps disapearing, I use quickpull, and every morning when i wake up, all my contacts are gone, i have to restore, then I have no sound at all on my ringer or my messenger, so I have to reboot one more time, then usually its all good. does anyone know why this would happen, I have a blackberry curve 8530, sprint.
    a year old.
    06-09-11 07:48 AM
    i have the same problem like ( jen5276 ), i do the same also and still dont work,
    so please any help in this issue, i called the provider of lackberry service and all the things alright also,
    so any idea about solving this
    08-06-11 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD