I know that the T-mobile version of OS6 for the 9700 went out to beta testers via the Blackberry Beta Program nearly a month ago. Is anyone in that beta group able to share how things stand? Any ETA on the official 9700 OS6 Tmo release?

What version of OS6 went to the beta group?
    02-22-11 11:24 AM
    Im in beta but i dont think it will be official t mobile wants to sell there 9780 they will never release it as official from there site.
    I would be shocked if T-Mo didn't release a OS6 version for the 9700. They've been really good lately upgrading current devices. Your statement of "never" couldn't be further from the truth IMO. Many carriers have already release official OS6 versions for OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 12:47 PM
    I would be shocked if T-Mo didn't release a OS6 version for the 9700. They've been really good lately upgrading current devices. Your statement of "never" couldn't be further from the truth IMO. Many carriers have already release official OS6 versions for OS6.

i agree, other carriers released their version, TMO will surely do the same, just waiting for that day to come.
    02-22-11 05:11 PM
    Im in beta but i dont think it will be official t mobile wants to sell there 9780 they will never release it as official from there site.
    No logic in this thought as an overall. Yes, it would be smart business to withhold if the OS update were all the 9780 had over the 9700, but it isn't even the most important, let alone only. Too, they wouldn't be bothering with the beta testing if they weren't planning on it.
    02-22-11 05:44 PM
    No logic in this thought as an overall. Yes, it would be smart business to withhold if the OS update were all the 9780 had over the 9700, but it isn't even the most important, let alone only. Too, they wouldn't be bothering with the beta testing if they weren't planning on it.
    its not going to happen dude.
    02-22-11 07:31 PM

the answer is ''never''. dude the phone is a year or more old theres actually a new model the 9780! you serious!

this threads a waste dont know why i bothered.
    Last edited by BrusBerry; 02-22-11 at 07:56 PM.
    02-22-11 07:35 PM
    same way theres no logic in you showing off your watch in a crackberry forum! lamoo..
    Last edited by BrusBerry; 02-22-11 at 08:12 PM.
    02-22-11 08:10 PM
    same way theres no logic in you showing off your watch in a crackberry forum! lamoo..
    that doesn't even make sense.

TMO is already beta zone testing os6
    02-22-11 09:50 PM
    that doesn't even make sense.

TMO is already beta zone testing os6
    tmo dont beta os. test quit dreaming
    Last edited by BrusBerry; 02-22-11 at 10:15 PM.
    02-22-11 10:08 PM
    tmo dont beta os. test quit dreaming
    RIM Opens Up BlackBerry OS 6.0 Beta Zone Software – Starts With T-Mobile OS 6.0 - BerryReview
    02-22-11 10:44 PM
    Hey guys keep it on topic, and knock off the personal insults. If you don't like each other fine, you can ignore each other. No need to be argumentative.
    02-22-11 10:51 PM
    This issue has been resolved multiple times already. Rim released an official statement stating they will release 0s 6 for the 9700.

02-23-11 09:19 AM
    Hey guys keep it on topic, and knock off the personal insults. If you don't like each other fine, you can ignore each other. No need to be argumentative.
    Yea these know it alls...that's beta testing from rim at UK and canada no where it says official release from tmobile usa.

02-23-11 10:22 AM
    "These know it alls"? You're the one who keeps saying "never gonna happen". Many people kept saying that about OS6 on a 9700 period and that was proven wrong. Methinks we have an internet tough guy in BrusBerry...

02-23-11 01:22 PM
    Yea these know it alls...that's beta testing from rim at UK and canada no where it says official release from tmobile usa.

Notice!

The local psychiatric hospital has just announced they are missing a patient who has gotten away with one of their computers. Officials say he most likely will be lurking in forums posing as someone that thinks they know what they're talking about.
    End.

02-23-11 01:23 PM
    Can we please ditch BrusBerry once and for all? This guy is a major PITA and just mucks up every thread with useless insults and incorrect statements.

Back on topic:

We already know there was a beta of OS6 for the tmo 9700 in the USA. The question is if anyone in the beta can comment on what issues have been reported or if there is an end date to the beta.

Thanks.
    02-23-11 03:04 PM
    So just download and install the latest "beta" version. I'm running 6.0.0.461 (which actually is a later version than the "official" released version for other carriers. It runs just fine. In fact, better than fine - it is supper fast. No issues at all. Does reduce the memory - but you can still have a dozen apps or so and no slow down at all. As I said it just works. Don't know why Tmobile doesn't release as official - as others have.
    02-27-11 09:53 AM
    Is anyone in that beta group able to share how things stand? Any ETA on the official 9700 OS6 Tmo release?
    I was in the beta group and I can tell you w/o violating any NDA that beta testers were not told the release date.

AFAIK the tests continue, I dropped out of the beta program because I dislike OS6 and wasn't willing to continue running it on my phone.

Others here have suggested you just run the latest leak and that's very good advice if you want OS6.
    02-27-11 02:09 PM

Does anybody else smell vinegar? Hmmm... odd.

You're right about your response to josh05 though, he was just mistaken in his response. One of those... "I didn't think it through" situations. I know that one well! LOL!
    02-27-11 05:04 PM
    Any leak should be good enough to use, since carrier's supported ones are basically the same regardless.

02-27-11 07:09 PM
    I am still waiting on my invite to be a beta tester. Any idea when I will hear from them?

02-27-11 08:07 PM
    I am still waiting on my invite to be a beta tester. Any idea when I will hear from them?

It varies based on program, device, and country. I registered when Beta Zone was new, and it took about 3 weeks until I was invited to my first beta test.

02-28-11 01:27 AM
    I can't imagine that T Mobile won't release an official OS6 for the 9700.

I believe that Bell was the first of the 3 major Canadian carriers to release theirs (.448).

02-28-11 01:59 AM
    I can't imagine that T Mobile won't release an official OS6 for the 9700.

I believe that Bell was the first of the 3 major Canadian carriers to release theirs (.448).

In all honesty it wouldn't surprise me, but I have a strong feeling that they will, nevertheless.
    02-28-11 03:13 AM
    I have to admit that T-Mobile will never release OS 6 for Bold 9700 since they already released Bold 9780 with OS 6. Is like putting a OS for a smaller model when one is out. Other carriers released OS 6 for Bold 9700 because they don't have the 9780. Makes common sense.
    03-23-11 01:05 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD