Hello friends ...

I brought a new blackberry torch 9800 phone yesterday and was trying to upload some new application on it .. Last time i remember is downloading Kaspersky Mobile 9 trail version on my 9800 Blackberry phone . After that it was rebooted and the phones loading was very slow and after dat it was frozen on AT&T World Phone . I m not able to connect my phone thru bb desktop manager also ..what should i do plz help as i have just brought it yesterday ..
    thanking you all for you reply and taking out time for my problem ... HELP !!
    02-22-11 08:17 AM
    Try a battery pull first. If that doesn't work, I would just take it back to the store. Don't bother wasting your time trying to fix it if you've only had it for a day. They should exchange it immediately.
    aliakbarz likes this.
    02-22-11 08:44 AM
    Call AT&T and tell them what's wrong with the phone... Last week i tried to download a update for twitter and when it came time to reboot my phone it just kept resetting before it could get to the AT&T screen, i couldn't plug it into the computer or nothing... I called AT&T and they told me to go to the nearest store and pick up a brand new 1. Wasn't even a hassle, only took 10-15 min and I was out of there and I didn't have insurance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    aliakbarz likes this.
    02-22-11 08:50 AM
    I would also try using bbsak to remove any COD pertaining to kaspersky(since that seems to be the issue?), or use bbsak to completely wipe the device and reload the OS. Since you said it wont connect to DM you'll obviously lose any data on it, but it would be no different then having to replace the unit and not having a backup either.
    aliakbarz likes this.
    02-22-11 08:53 AM
    i cant go to at&t as i m in India and so getting an exchange in out of question . i have a backup of all my contacts and other contacts so i dont mind having a master reset . Will bbsak help me with master reset and will it again upgrade my phone to OS 6 ..with out ne problems ?? thanks Neways
    02-22-11 09:15 AM
    BBsak will completely wipe the OS from the device resulting in an error 507 screen on reboot(no OS installed).

Then you'll have to download the latest OS(top sticky in this thread) install it to your pc, then navigate to the OS folder(typically Crogram files(x86 if using a 64bit system)\common files\research in motion\ apploader), with in that folder delete the vendor.xml file(located at the bottom) then in the same folder double click loader.exe and follow the onscreen prompts. That will reload your OS.
    sedalia066 likes this.
    02-22-11 09:21 AM
    i cant go to at&t as i m in India and so getting an exchange in out of question . i have a backup of all my contacts and other contacts so i dont mind having a master reset . Will bbsak help me with master reset and will it again upgrade my phone to OS 6 ..with out ne problems ?? thanks Neways
    This will put your Torch back to out-of-the-box condition, if thats what you want to do.
    you can fix the problem making a clean wipe of the device using the AppLoader.exe with this update (9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel695_PL6.4.0.105_A6.0.0.246_AT_a mp_T.exe) from the blackberry page , this will restart your device as you got it new. All of your contacts information will be lost.
    Then I would load .448 OS here:
    You can get 448 here from UK3
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...FA661ED1244039

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry.

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup)
    then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed)

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

enjoy the new OS.
    02-22-11 12:44 PM
    thank you very much guyz.... this really solved my problem and i have got d lastest version for 9800 torch . ..
    02-23-11 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD