Well it's time for Day 2.

I had four classes today so I was texting/emailing a lot more while moving. Boy was that a challenge! I absolutely HAD to type in landscape mode to get anything right. The lack of tactile feedback made it impossible to text without looking, no real shock there. I am liking the iPhone though. I still miss my 9700 to get my email a little quicker, but I am somewhat happy with the iPhone. I'm a big fan of the fluid UI. OS 6 on my 9700 wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Music management still wasn't on par with iTunes obviously. It's a great convenience only having to carry around one device for my music, a few games, as well as my phone/email/text. One drawback is the lack of sound profiles. Yes it is convenient changing between the two with a quick switch of a button, but only having to is kinda garbage.

One other thing is the lack of customization in the UI! I never was a massive theme user, but I still changed it every few months on my 9700. I'm thinking of jailbreaking the 3G in a few days. But, that's for another day.

To the people who commented on Day 1, thank you. Obviously the 3GS and 9700 would be a better comparison, or the Torch and iP4. However, these are not devices I possess. I hated the Torch and took it back. I don't have an iP4 or a 3GS. I believe that the 9700 and 3G is a pretty fair comparison.
    02-21-11 05:09 PM
    I appreciate your posts. Just something to consider: Rather than starting a new thread each day, it might be a better idea to update on one thread. It helps with the continuity.
    02-21-11 05:22 PM
    Haha I'll probably do that starting with Day 3. Just edit it each day, or post a link to the old ones in the new ones...
    02-21-11 05:29 PM
    I would just edit the thread, then delete the bump post and repost "day x" for each update. Crackberry Brandon does it allot and It helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 02:47 PM
    ya the media player on the iphone is quite nice, but i hate how it doesn't support a wide range of audio formats, well that's more of a general apple complaint more than an iphone complaint. i prefer to listen to lossless audio files, so i have to have my files in apple lossless format rather than flac, which BB supported. the lyrics popping up are kinda cool on iphone though.

themes i could care less about, i rocked my BB stock all day everyday. i'd only change backgrounds, which i'll also occasionally do on my iphone.

on another note, i've been reading tipb recently, and i gotta say, the mods and writers there really don't know what they're talking about compared to the ones on CB. they can tell u what's great on the iphone, but can't tell u anything about the background workings or how processes differ from iphone to bb to whatever. there's a difference between using and understanding.
    02-24-11 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD