Please don't tell me Verizon is going to end the unlimited plan...I like having that for my phone cuz then I want have to worry about how much data I'm using. I hope Verizon doesn't end that plan who cares if AT&T did that Verizon shouldn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 05:44 AM
    They will be ending it, by if you have it now you will be grandfathered in, and will be able to keep your unlimited data. AT&T is the same way. If you have it they won't take it away

02-21-11 07:28 AM
    AT&T took it away from some people.
    02-21-11 08:50 AM
    I hope they don't end it before I can get my phone off my moms account and put my phone in my name.

02-21-11 04:25 PM
    Has there been a recent rumor that I missed? Of course I've heard that unlimited data is eventually going to end and that 4G will most likely be tiered...but has there been hard evidence that unlimited 3G data is done?

02-21-11 09:01 PM
    I'm with the op. I wanna keep my unlimited data.

02-21-11 09:07 PM
    Yea Verizon shouldn't be like AT&T Verizon should keep the unlimited data plan even for new customers. But AT&T only ended the unlimited cuz half the people really didn't use there unlimited data plan...the unlimited data plan should only be for people who uses a lot of data not those who jst use a little.

02-22-11 04:03 AM
    Yea Verizon shouldn't be like AT&T Verizon should keep the unlimited data plan even for new customers. But AT&T only ended the unlimited cuz half the people really didn't use there unlimited data plan...the unlimited data plan should only be for people who uses a lot of data not those who jst use a little.

AT&T discontinued the unlimited plan to reduce traffic on their network due to heavy usage by iPhone users. Verizon's CEO has said they will also d/c the unlimited and offer tiered plans. Now that the iPhone is available on VZW, expect the new policy to be in effect very soon.
    02-22-11 05:26 AM
    Has there been a recent rumor that I missed? Of course I've heard that unlimited data is eventually going to end and that 4G will most likely be tiered...but has there been hard evidence that unlimited 3G data is done?
    No. Its just teenage angst, drama, and rambling.
    02-22-11 06:03 AM
    No company would dc a serivce just cause their customers aren't using it. That's money in the bank for them. Whether half their customers use it or not they still pay for it.

02-22-11 01:09 PM
    Please don't tell me Verizon is going to end the unlimited plan...I like having that for my phone cuz then I want have to worry about how much data I'm using. I hope Verizon doesn't end that plan who cares if AT&T did that Verizon shouldn't.

i have AT&T and still enjoying the $30/month unlimited data plan.
    They remove that option to new subscribers. If you had it before you can be grandfathered into it.
    BUT you are asking the wrong question.

will VERIZON add $10 plus to your data plan for using 4G ( it's not really 4G but what the heck let's fool all the consumers) just like SPRINT.
    if that happens whether you're unlimited or not, you will have to fork out $10/month for using the 4G.

T-mobile, Verizon and even AT&T should be accountable for such deceiving ads... they call it 4G but technically it's not even close to the real 4G speed.
    these technologies did not fulfill the original ITU-R requirements of data rates approximately up to 1 Gbit/s for 4G systems
    02-22-11 01:17 PM
    Actually, Sprint is using WiMAX which is wide area wifi and it is 4G.
    Verizon is using LTE which is 4G.
    AT&T and Tmobile are using HSPA+ which IS NOT 4G.

Verizon will be using spectrum that used to be analog TV spectrum.
    02-22-11 01:41 PM
    Actually, Sprint is using WiMAX which is wide area wifi and it is 4G.
    Verizon is using LTE which is 4G.
    AT&T and Tmobile are using HSPA+ which IS NOT 4G.

Verizon will be using spectrum that used to be analog TV spectrum.
    I think he's referring to the fact that neither LTE nor WiMAX in it's current form technically qualifies as 4G. The next iteration of each technology should.

One thing is true. HSPA is not 4G and I don't think any future upgrade to HSPA will qualify.

02-22-11 07:51 PM
    when i was looking today at switching to vzw they still have the unlimited!
    02-22-11 11:34 PM
    I still have the $30 unlimited, and I plan to keep it that way! Hopefully, they let me keep it that way.
    Been with Verizon for a long, long, long, long...*10 years later*...long, long, time.
    02-23-11 01:33 AM
    Man verizon should jst keep the unlimited plan and for those ppl who don't really use it they should just talk them into getting the much cheaper data plans.

02-23-11 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD