Can anyone recommend a good case for my new Torch. Thanks
    02-20-11 09:18 PM

Do a search for 'case'. There a re a few more but I think the general consensus is this is the best.
    I don't use one anymore....tried the Otterbox and didn't like it.
    02-20-11 09:25 PM
    AGF GRT seems to be the best, but other people like the Otterbox Commuter Case or the ones made by Seidio.

If you do a search for Torch 9800 Cases you will get numerous threads.
    02-20-11 09:25 PM
    thanks for the help
    02-20-11 09:28 PM
    My choice would be the body glove case by Fellowes. It fits pretty well and has a clip that turns into a kick stand for the phone.
    02-20-11 09:40 PM

Do a search for 'case'. There a re a few more but I think the general consensus is this is the best.
    I don't use one anymore....tried the Otterbox and didn't like it.
    +1 grt is the best

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 10:48 PM
    Definite +1 for AGF case, I use one in combo with an 8700 series oem holster.
    02-21-11 12:41 AM
    Mine has gone commando since launch day. I have an OEM leather holster.

02-21-11 03:23 AM
    I'll bolster the following of the AGF case. Got one and never looked back, the case is just awesome.
    02-21-11 04:28 AM
    Mine has gone commando since launch day. I have an OEM leather holster.

I've gone back to this after using the AGF case.
    02-21-11 07:11 AM
    I have been using the Seidio Active case for my Torch for about a week and have been loving it! Prior to that I tried the otterbox, but did not like it at all. I also used the Seidio Innocase Surface combo (holster included) and enjoyed that case as well. Here is a review and pics from my Seidio Active Review!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/re...-torch-586960/
    02-21-11 11:23 AM
    I've used Otterbox in the past, so it was a no-brainer to get one for my torch. 3 broken ones later, within a span of a few months (only dropped one of them, the others broke simply from being in my pocket), I went with the AGF. So far, no issues!
    02-21-11 11:30 AM
    My main issue with the Otterbox Commuter Case is that i was unable to use my headphone jack. (Headphones are a staple for me in the horrendous office i work in.) Granted, i don't use the headphones the phone came with...i prefer skullcandy; but still pretty annoying nonetheless. Also, on a sidenote, it made the phone seem awfully bulky to me. A fellow Torch owner i work with actually has the Casemate gel skin case. (Not sure of the "official" name of it.) Anyway, it seems to work out pretty well for him. I'm thinking about picking one up.
    02-21-11 11:50 AM
    I really like the OB, but you'll find others who hate it. I'm rough on my phones, and have had at least 6 drops from waist level onto hard floors / pavement, etc., that my OB has certainly saved my Torch.

That said, the OB has a fragile bezel cover. Very thin plastic edges hold it on, and they break easily. The OB is certainly not perfect, but it has proven itself to me repeatedly. Don't buy the OB unless you do so from an ATT store. They have replaced four of mine, no questions asked (other than asking for my phone #, which they enter in after I leave the store with my replacement, which I guess is a question, but you know what I mean). Not sure if Best Buy has these, but that may be another option only if they offer warranty coverage.
    02-21-11 12:05 PM
    Highly Recommend the AGF GRT case, has broken yet and saved my Torch at least 5 times
    02-21-11 12:07 PM
    Anyone know where I can buy one of the AGF GRT cases in the UK? I've been googling away but have drawn a blank so far!!
    02-21-11 02:51 PM
    I'd give the AGF GRT case two thumbs up too but I used a Monacco leather flip case with a Pearl for years and I like the idea of covering the screen and using the case as a stand so I picked up a Fortte leather flip case for my Torch
    Leather case for Blackberry Torch 9800 Blackberry Torch 9800 Flip Style
    and I like this even better than the AGF case.
    02-21-11 04:30 PM
    I'd give the AGF GRT case two thumbs up too but I used a Monacco leather flip case with a Pearl for years and I like the idea of covering the screen and using the case as a stand so I picked up a Fortte leather flip case for my Torch
    Leather case for Blackberry Torch 9800 Blackberry Torch 9800 Flip Style
    and I like this even better than the AGF case.
    That is a nice looking case (imo) Is it easy to flip open, slide the screen up and type on the keys?
    02-21-11 04:43 PM
    The flip cover is easy to open...well it has always been something that I've been used to with the flip case for the Pearl so it is an extra step for someone not used to a flip case. A magnetic clasp closes the flip cover at the bottom.

The screen slides nicely as well as it would without the case. The keyboard is easy to type on despite it being covered by plastic. (Check out the video from the website )
    I thought that this would be a problem but for me it isn't, and it protects the keyboard nicely.
    02-21-11 04:59 PM
    I have an Ottor Box that I used for about 2 weeks and then removed. It just makes the phone way to large for me, but I know others who love it and use it on their Torch's all fo the time.

since taking it off I have not used a case at all since then.
    02-21-11 10:32 PM
    I bought an OEM leather pocket pouch and love it. I also bought an AGF GRT case and although it does protect the phone and solve the "wiggle" issue I found it to be to bulky and makes typing on the bottom row and top row of keys rather difficult. Needless to say its back to going commando with an OEM leather pocket pouch.
    02-22-11 08:42 AM
    Anyone know where I can buy one of the AGF GRT cases in the UK? I've been googling away but have drawn a blank so far!!
    BlackBerry Torch GRT Case - AT&T - BlackBerry - BlackBerry Torch - AGF

OtterBox first. Lasted 2 weeks and I was lucky that the phone wasn't harmed with the drop. Case broke and was hard to keep the bezel piece around the screen. Have not looked back since getting the AGF
    Last edited by ghostryder12; 02-22-11 at 12:58 PM.
    gavinl1967 likes this.
    02-22-11 12:56 PM
    When I had my Torch, I used a casemate cover that was beautiful. sturdy, fits well, and has the same nice dark chrome color.
    02-22-11 12:58 PM
    I'd really like to try this case mate barely there case...
    02-22-11 01:05 PM
    I'd really like to try this case mate barely there case...

Here is my post from the old days when I had a 9800

.................................................. ..................................

I bought an awesome dark chrome hard shell case + screen protector.

You don't even feel like it's a cover, seems like it is the phone itself Awseome case to protect my investment!

Torch 9800 FTW

02-22-11 01:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD