I don't have a data plan on my bold, I just use the wifi...but is there any version of the facebook app that will let you use it on wifi? Maybe like an older version of the app or something? I would just rather use the app than using the browser for facebook. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 07:22 PM
    No unfortunately the facebook app always required a data plan as far as I can remember
    02-20-11 07:25 PM
    Well I heard somewhere that version 1.1 or 1.2 will work over wifi, but I have yet to find a place to download it from

02-20-11 07:34 PM
    Well I heard somewhere that version 1.1 or 1.2 will work over wifi, but I have yet to find a place to download it from

I used to have that version and it still required a data plan. Youi'll need to have it added on as there isn't a work around.

02-20-11 09:53 PM
    I thought that the 9700 on AT&T required a data plan?
    02-20-11 09:55 PM
    I thought that the 9700 on AT&T required a data plan?
    some people still may not have a data plan yet depending on their situation. eventually the system, which apparently polls accounts, will see there is a BB being used and may add a data plan.

to answer the question from the OP, no version can use just wifi as far as i know. it requires a service book as well in order to work too, which you cant get delivered to the phone without BB data.
    02-21-11 02:38 AM
    some people still may not have a data plan yet depending on their situation. eventually the system, which apparently polls accounts, will see there is a BB being used and may add a data plan.
    My thoughts exactly

to answer the question from the OP, no version can use just wifi as far as i know. it requires a service book as well in order to work too, which you cant get delivered to the phone without BB data.
    Yes. Also what I thought.

02-21-11 02:42 AM
    You can use the Facebook mobile site over wifi just type www.m.facebook.com into your browser & that will take you to the mobile site & you will be prompted for your user-name & password.
    02-21-11 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD