For about a week now I've noticed changes to the way my email is pushing to my VZW iPhone 4. Essentially, the mail does not push and to get the email to refresh I have to go into the mail app.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

I went over to the Apple Support Forums and came across this thread......

Apple - Support - Discussions - Push not working on Verizon iPhone ...

It is not a solution but when I quit the mail app from multitasking it seems to help fix the issue at least temporarily.

Hopefully, it is either a setting some of us are using or Apple/VZW gets this fixed pronto.

Even with this issue I will still keep the iPhone. I miss the notifications of my BB so I do have to pay attention to the device more than I would like to. I also miss the Sound Profiles. Other than those two things, I am really liking the iPhone despite this temporary email issue.
    02-20-11 09:26 AM
    Turn the phone off and back on. I noticed this too right after I set it up and added WIFI connectivity to it. Haven't found a specific pattern to what does it because it hasn't happened since.
    02-20-11 09:57 AM
    Turn the phone off and back on. I noticed this too right after I set it up and added WIFI connectivity to it. Haven't found a specific pattern to what does it because it hasn't happened since.
    Hmmm...that was one of the solutions I tried with the VZW tech (along with deleting and adding the accounts again) and it did not work. In fact I waited roughly 7 hours before checking email to see if it would come through and nada (until I went into the app). However, I will try it again to see what happens.

I also sent VZW an email about the issue since working with the tech did not alleviate the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 11:04 AM
    Stupid question, but did you set up Gmail via MS Exchange? or did you just sign in via the "gmail" on the email set up?

I believe Gmail will only push and sync via MS Exchange.

BTW I would not call anyone at VZW for help, these so called "techs" are the worst people you can deal with when you have an issue with your device. They have no knowledge and are completely clueless as to fix problems.

Macrumors is probably the best place to get help with iPhone

iPhone - MacRumors Forums
    Last edited by JD914; 02-20-11 at 01:15 PM.
    02-20-11 01:06 PM

No this is the best place to get help with the iPhone. Well not really. TiPb is the best but CB is a close second. LOL
    02-20-11 01:29 PM
    Stupid question, but did you set up Gmail via MS Exchange? or did you just sign in via the "gmail" on the email set up?

I believe Gmail will only push and sync via MS Exchange.

BTW I would not call anyone at VZW for help, these so called "techs" are the worst people you can deal with when you have an issue with your device. They have no knowledge and are completely clueless as to fix problems.

Not a stupid question but yes I did set it up via exchange. Both corporate and gmail were set up that way. I want VZW to also take ownership of this issue as well so they get a phone call. I agree that over the years user forums are the best places to get help but unfortunately this lets service providers off the hook and fatten margins by using less than expert techs but I digress.
    02-20-11 04:28 PM
    Also, if this was a new activation, you might want to go ahead and dial *228 opt 1 and let the provisioning happen again. When they activate, they don't do it like this and it's sometimes possible that data and latest PRL aren't on the phone properly. Also, there is an option for the time to poll under the general email settings. Change it from Manual to whatever time and back out to save it. Then go back and put it on manual again.

I know none of this makes sense, but this is what I was messing with when I had the initial issue which has not returned. For me it seemed more like a temp glitch than anything else because I had other iDevices pushing on the accounts in question before, so I knew it had to work the same way.
    02-20-11 05:12 PM
    Not a stupid question but yes I did set it up via exchange. Both corporate and gmail were set up that way. I want VZW to also take ownership of this issue as well so they get a phone call. I agree that over the years user forums are the best places to get help but unfortunately this lets service providers off the hook and fatten margins by using less than expert techs but I digress.
    I would say you have a software issue

I would do a clean restore, there's no reason it shouldn't work after that.

Download software
    Put device in DFU mode
    Restore device and set up as new phone
    02-20-11 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD