I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 and the volume up-key, which had been well worn and not working well, now absolutely will not work at all. No matter what I do, it will NOT increase the volume one bit, no matter how hard or in what manner I press it, it just refuses. (It will go down all day long, but if I keep it up it will effectively be muted.) I have OS 5.

Is there some other way to adjust the volume upwards? I can't see any options to remap the left-right convenience keys, there MUST be some other way to remap volume somewhere else.

LRH
    02-20-11 12:49 AM
    I've done some searching (I did before I posted) and there seems to be a number of people complaining about the volume-up control being goofy on certain Blackberry models--and apparently no way to remap other buttons (say, one of the convenience keys) to control it instead. I did find this link discussing alternative media players which, apparently, use their own specific controls for volume instead of the dedicated keys, if I read it correctly.
    02-21-11 01:32 PM
    Same here, I do not know why the BB default volume on a call resets to moderate everytime i recieve a call. i then have to press the volume-UP key to increase it and now it is almost worn out.
    02-27-11 02:54 AM
    In Phone Settings menu choose General Options and at the bottom there's an option to set the default call volume. I always set it to 100%

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 03:02 PM
    Have you tried tightening the screws on the back? Except the one with the warranty sticker obviously, if you are still inside the warranty period.
    02-27-11 03:13 PM
    I had the same problem with both my bolds but different reasons. One was the actual body of the phone. I changed it with an aftermarket one. The other one was the actual button was crudded up under the little metal disc. I also had the problem of the trackball not clicking and selecting stuff when u push it. It too was crudded up under button
    03-03-11 10:07 PM
    Have you tried tightening the screws on the back? Except the one with the warranty sticker obviously, if you are still inside the warranty period.
    Thank you so much. Tightening all the screws (I'm missing one so they get loose easily) helped with so much. Better signal strength, volume buttons functioning better, etc.
    03-12-11 02:58 AM
    I'm going to have to give that a try tomorrow. My volume down key has been wonky for months.

Didn't think there was a solution.

Here's hoping.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-11 05:28 AM
    I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 and the volume up-key, which had been well worn and not working well, now absolutely will not work at all. No matter what I do, it will NOT increase the volume one bit, no matter how hard or in what manner I press it, it just refuses. (It will go down all day long, but if I keep it up it will effectively be muted.) I have OS 5.

Is there some other way to adjust the volume upwards? I can't see any options to remap the left-right convenience keys, there MUST be some other way to remap volume somewhere else.

LRH
    Hello,

i posted a thread here about it, it didn't get much attention but now it could help you

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/sid...repair-509225/
    03-14-11 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD