I know I'm late to the game, but I just got my first blackberry 3 weeks ago. I absolutely love it!! Switched from the Palm Pre and have no regrets. I bought a refurb storm 9530. I am currently running 5.0.0.328, but I have seen that 5.0.0.419 is out and available. I was just wondering if it was worth installing and what kind of differences are there from .328. My phone runs great, I just want to know if .419 is better or about the same.
    02-17-11 06:12 PM
    I'm running v5.0.0.797 and love it. Trying to get the latest, but all the links so far are dead. When I updated I had a couple issues with the battery life and memory, but after a reinstall and couple battery pulls I have had no problems at all since.
    02-17-11 11:31 PM
    Thanks for the reply. After I posted that I looked around a bit and saw that I was way off!! Saw that there had been way more OS releases after .328. But like I said, I'm new at this. I went to blackberry.com and downloaded the .808, but I have a Mac so I'm still trying to figure out how to install the thing.
    02-18-11 04:39 PM
    .724 is my favorite 9530 OS. Its the highest build number that's an official release. There are some higher leaks but I haven't had good experience with them. They leaked from China and have a different bootip screen and generally have not run well for me....I remember one has a problem with muting your calls randomly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 09:21 PM
    Thanks for the reply. After I posted that I looked around a bit and saw that I was way off!! Saw that there had been way more OS releases after .328. But like I said, I'm new at this. I went to blackberry.com and downloaded the .808, but I have a Mac so I'm still trying to figure out how to install the thing.
    Official downloads won't work on Macs, as the files are .exe files. Same goes for the leaks and unofficial or from a different carrier. Mac Desktop Manager cannot install an OS other than that which is tied to your carrier. Sucks to be us Macheads!

That said, we can do it if we bootcamp a Windoze install, or VMwareFusion or Parallels Desktop running a Windoze virtual machine.

So, long story short; you need Windoze to install any OS other than your carrier's "official" OS.
    02-19-11 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD