Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 02:30 PM
    Not at all, better than OS5.
    02-17-11 02:32 PM
    No, mine is fast as ****!!!!!!!!!!
    02-17-11 02:34 PM
    Everything loads slow and the menu button is slow moving/scrolling around

You need to do a few battery pulls after loading OS6. That should fix the browser lagginess. If you have had OS6 for a longer period than a few hours, I dunno what is wrong. Mine seems fine. It's gotta be a device thing. What else do you have running?

Or try Bolt. I love it and its fast!
    02-17-11 02:35 PM
    I have the same problem. My browser is worse than when I had OS 5. Also before when I was loading a page that I knew would take a while, I would put the phone in my holster and check it in a minute. Now with the new browser if I do the same thing, it stops loading the page. I thought the browser was supposed to be better now. It seems I have added the ability of a better zoom, tabbed browser, but a very slow loading speed. Any suggestions? I have had OS 6 since it came out, and restart my phone at least every two days if not more often.

Thank you
    02-17-11 07:17 PM
    I find the OS6 browser to be worse, except for the tabs. It is actually slower and you can't override it to load up the mobile sites first, like you could in the previous version. My browser will "stick" on a lot of pages about 3/4 of the way through and then not load the rest of the page.

While I do like the tabbed browsing, much of the browser feels like a step sideways. The speed isn't improved and the page rendering isn't all that great. Hopefully it will improve but then again, not everyone seems to be having issues.
    02-17-11 08:35 PM
    I dont think it is so much the browser is slow and laggy, or that its any worse than OS5. I think that it was really hyped up, but in reality its isnt THAT great and so the final product is a little disappointing.

I do think in the end the OS 6 browser is faster and better than before, but it doesn't live up to the hype that preceeded it.
    Last edited by lcw731; 02-17-11 at 11:33 PM.
    02-17-11 11:29 PM
    Just the opposite, it's faster than OS 5.
    02-17-11 11:54 PM
    If i'm using Bolt, its lags. The oem broswer on the other hand, loads pretty snappy.
    02-18-11 08:44 AM
    If you try to scroll when it's loading, yeah it tends to lag a bit....and it occasionally checkerboards too...don't know if it's the CPU speed or poorly-optimized code tbh.
    02-18-11 09:14 AM
    Yes, mine was extremely slow and I always got the checkerboard on every page. Everything was loading so slowly it reminded me of my last dumbphone. Trying to zoom so I could actually read pages took forever. Sometimes it would just freeze and my cursor would go away. All I could do was close it from the menu. I ended up getting a Style. I will probably go back to 5 on the 9650.

02-18-11 11:39 AM
    It works ok but it depends on the site.
    02-18-11 01:06 PM
    It doesn't seem that slow to me, but the user interface is clunkier than the old browser. Actually, I think that applies to OS6 in general.
    02-18-11 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD