Simple Weather Slot

I've built a theme as simple as can be, with a weather slot at the upper right. You're able to scroll into the weather slot, so navigation is circular as per the pic below. The weather slot is the 7th icon in the list, so just re-arrange your icons for it to be the 7th in the list of apps and you're good to go.

The locks screen for all versions as of the March 18 2011 release has a static dark wallpaper as well as the weather slot, so you don't have to unlock your BlackBerry to get a glance at your current weather conditions.

If you are not using keyboard shortcuts, I suggest using the non-customized shortcuts one, as otherwise you're likely to have issues when using universal search for something that starts with the letter "s".

Any bug fixed will be done for free, and any changes I'll make for a $2 for the first week and $5 there-after payable via Paypal once the moded theme is ready for you. The theme as-is is free however, so enjoy :-)

Please note: This theme will only work on OS 6.0 97xx devices.

Shortcuts (please note: shortcuts are CaSE sensitive):
    The Default:
    t = Tasks
    u = Calculator
    o = Options
    p = Phone
    a = Address Book
    d = MemoPad
    h = Help
    k = Lock
    l = Calendar
    c = Compose
    v = Saved Messages
    b = Browser
    n = BBM
    m = Messages

Extra:
    s = Universal Search
    $ = SMS (Text Messages)
    As of Feb 18 '11 release:
    w = WeatherEye
    r = Rove Mobile Admin
    z = Podcasts
    As of Feb 24 '11 release:
    i = Ing Direct
    g = Google Maps
    f = FreeTips
    As of Mar 18 '11 release:
    Q = Pictures
    y = Network connections
    A = App World
    S = Shopper App
    F = Files
    6 = 680 News App
    j = Clock
    M = Music
    0 = Profiles

As of Feb 24 '11 release (navigation updated):

As of Mar 18 '11 release (lock screen updated):

Dark wallpaper ver:

Please note: This theme will only work on OS 6.0 97xx devices.

OTA with extra shortcuts:
    http://db.tt/6VDXVsO

OTA without extra shortcuts:
    http://db.tt/4Mq2rqK

OTA with dark wallpaper:
    http://db.tt/ekloEMs
    Last edited by Sashko; 03-18-11 at 11:43 AM.
    02-16-11 03:03 PM
    amazing theme, thanks!
    Anyway I can change the wallpaper when I access all the icons? They are hard to see in the background.
    02-17-11 06:40 PM
    Glad you like it and you're quite welcome.

You can't change that wallpaper, but I'll consider it a defect since it disables your view of your icons. Try this one and let me know if it works for you:
    http://db.tt/ekloEMs
    02-18-11 11:03 AM
    is nice thanks
    02-18-11 07:32 PM
    Thanks for sharing
    02-19-11 04:06 AM
    I really like this theme! The only downside is the picture in the main menu makes the icons hard to see Is there any chance you could change it for a darker one? Or send me the .thm file?
    02-19-11 06:51 PM
    Try the one in the post above http://forums.crackberry.com/f227/fr...7/#post6065054 and let me know if it's any better :-)
    02-19-11 06:53 PM
    Didn't see that, will give it a go now!

It's much easier to see the icons now. But the picture has a black border down the sides. Sorry if I'm being too picky
    02-19-11 07:34 PM
    Thanks! Love this theme!!
    02-19-11 09:06 PM
    Easily the best simplest theme for 9780. I love it. There is no other theme with the shortcuts provided as good as this.
    A+ in my opinion. Great job!
    02-20-11 05:03 PM
    To everyone expressing your gratitude, I'm glad you're enjoying this theme. I actually designed it for myself as I've found nothing like it, and decided to share it with the world now that I've put in the work anyways. I keep making minor tweaks every time I think of something, so keep an eye out for updates, which will be posted on the first post (the download links won't change).

It's much easier to see the icons now. But the picture has a black border down the sides. Sorry if I'm being too picky
    No worries about being picky, I'm very much-so the same way. You should see how many times I re-created the OTA before being happy with it for the original one :-)

I have just replaced the "alternate wallpaper" OTA one with an updated ver. Give it a try and let me know what you think of this wallpaper http://forums.crackberry.com/f227/fr...7/#post6065054 . I know it can be a little bit hard to see the icons still, but that's the darkest one I could find in my archives. If you're still having troubles viewing the icons in that screen, please suggest a different wallpaper and I can give it a try.
    Last edited by Sashko; 02-22-11 at 11:02 AM.
    02-22-11 10:50 AM
    I was after something with a background like this for both the wallpaper and the menu.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...t/41cc08b1.jpg

I can't find the original But something dark and simple, just makes the icons and text a lot easier on the eyes
    02-23-11 03:22 PM
    I finally found one that makes the icons much easier to read. Give it a try and let me know what you think: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-theme-586577/
    02-24-11 01:50 PM
    Orangepit,
    Glad you're enjoying the theme.

The weather slot contents are controlled based on the weather app you use. My fav is WeatherEye however it doesn't have much customization in respect to the text you're referring to. I'd suggest checking out the free ver of BeWeather which does have the customization you desire. You can get it from App World here: BlackBerry App World - BeWeather Free
    02-25-11 10:33 AM
    I'm using this theme now many thanks.
    03-04-11 05:00 PM
    Thank you very nice, it would be best if the banner is clear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 06:20 PM
    Thank you very nice, it would be best if the banner is clear.
    It's doable, however it doesn't work with a dynamic wallpaper, which is what I use for my BlackBerry. Let me know if you'd still be interested in that ver.
    03-07-11 01:56 PM
    I've updated all the versions of the theme to now include a static dark wallpaper on the lock screen as well as a weather slot on it which took a tonne of adjusting.

Special thanks to molson0 for his/her help with getting the weather slot text to appear on the lock screen.

You can refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the OTA links, screen captures, and other details on this theme. Enjoy!
    03-18-11 11:13 AM
    I agree with andy.

Please change the background like in the link of andy. ( http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...t/41cc08b1.jpg )
    I will appreciate that

Thats a great wallpaper. Theme is perfect, just please fix the wallpaper.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by student1990; 03-22-11 at 02:03 PM.
    03-22-11 02:00 PM
    I agree with andy.

Please change the background like in the link of andy. ( http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...t/41cc08b1.jpg )
    I will appreciate that

Thats a great wallpaper. Theme is perfect, just please fix the wallpaper.

Thanks in advance
    The link you provided doesn't work for me.

However the link that Andy provided doesn't give me access to an actual wallpaper.

I've chosen to go with an alternative wallpaper that takes care of the issue where the icons are not very visible which I consider a defect since it disables your view. If you have a specific wallpaper for a specific screen you'd like me to use, please let me know. However the main screen is still user-customizatable when it comes to the wallpaper.
    03-22-11 03:33 PM
    The link you provided doesn't work for me.

However the link that Andy provided doesn't give me access to an actual wallpaper.

I've chosen to go with an alternative wallpaper that takes care of the issue where the icons are not very visible which I consider a defect since it disables your view. If you have a specific wallpaper for a specific screen you'd like me to use, please let me know. However the main screen is still user-customizatable when it comes to the wallpaper.
    Yes i know that the main screen is user-customizatable.
    But how about this menu background :

Can you use this ?
    03-22-11 05:06 PM
    Yes i know that the main screen is user-customizatable.
    But how about this menu background :

Can you use this ?
    I've sent you a PM.
    03-23-11 11:10 AM
    great theme, I've been using it for a few weeks now....any chance you can do one exactly the same but squeeze in a hidden today somewhere under the weather banner with a few entries? Keep up the great work and thanks for keeping it free.
    Cheers!
    03-30-11 01:45 PM
    i made my own theme based on yours, i changed the home screen wallpaper and menu background, but i still can't make the banner to be clear. hope you can help with. thanx
    03-30-11 07:57 PM
    great theme, I've been using it for a few weeks now....any chance you can do one exactly the same but squeeze in a hidden today somewhere under the weather banner with a few entries? Keep up the great work and thanks for keeping it free.
    Cheers!
    PM sent.

i made my own theme based on yours, i changed the home screen wallpaper and menu background, but i still can't make the banner to be clear. hope you can help with. thanx
    You simply make a blank image file and then you use it for the background of the banner on the home screen.
    04-01-11 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD