Recently, my Storm 2 has started some odd screen issues.

The screen will lose it's click, and at the same time, it will not be able to follow my finger to soft select, nor allow me to click hard select anything. When I atempt to hard select "back" or "end", it will select some other area of the screen, typically the "send" key.

Pulling the battery & restarting will cure this all the time. But the issue returns at least 4-7 times a day. I updated to the most current OS, and it did not solve the issue.

So-- How can removing & replacing the battery bring back the ability to click the screen?
    Currently, I will be trying the old Storm 1 method of putting a business card behind the battery to improve the click on the screen.

Anybody out there with any advice?
    02-15-11 02:28 PM
    Recently, my Storm 2 has started some odd screen issues.

The screen will lose it's click, and at the same time, it will not be able to follow my finger to soft select, nor allow me to click hard select anything. When I atempt to hard select "back" or "end", it will select some other area of the screen, typically the "send" key.

Pulling the battery & restarting will cure this all the time. But the issue returns at least 4-7 times a day. I updated to the most current OS, and it did not solve the issue.

So-- How can removing & replacing the battery bring back the ability to click the screen?
    Currently, I will be trying the old Storm 1 method of putting a business card behind the battery to improve the click on the screen.

Anybody out there with any advice?
    Had a similar issue. It was the digitizer. Had it replaced and the phone works great again. I would suggest that you take it back if on warrenty and if not replace the lcd at the same time. Its a much easier replacement. Cost of about $125.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-16-11 11:46 AM
    It helps to know how long you have had the phone. Are you still under warranty? If so take it back and get a new one. Had mine replaced not to long ago because the screen became unresponsive after long calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 03:47 PM
    The phone is out of warranty.

So far, putting half of a business card, folded in half under the battery has helped out a lot. It still fouls up maybe once every 2 days now, but at least it's not 5 times a day.
    02-18-11 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD