I've been a dedicated BB user for the last decade or so, and wow!
    OS6 just sucks compared to what it is "competing" with. The browser is awful, slow, and just not convenient to use at all. Multitasking? Forget about it. Apps? Weak. As for the GUI of the home interface, it's alright. It does everything I could do before with QuickLaunch. The overall feel of the operating system seems very sluggish and far inferior to the reliability of OS 5 and below. My contract expires in the summer and when it does, I'm out.
    I know those of you out there who are simple and just need a phone for email and phone calls, that's great. Blackberry is solid for emails/phone. But for my needs, I will be needing a REAL multi-tasking phone.

Droid Bionic, the future, also b/c I'll be needing a new camera anyways!

To RIM:
    Get your heads straight. You are going to lose a majority of your market share to Android devices and, now thanks to verizon, Apple devices. Good luck in India!
    02-14-11 05:50 PM
    I've been a dedicated BB user for the last decade or so, and wow!
    OS6 just sucks compared to what it is "competing" with. The browser is awful, slow, and just not convenient to use at all. Multitasking? Forget about it. Apps? Weak. As for the GUI of the home interface, it's alright. It does everything I could do before with QuickLaunch. The overall feel of the operating system seems very sluggish and far inferior to the reliability of OS 5 and below. My contract expires in the summer and when it does, I'm out.
    I know those of you out there who are simple and just need a phone for email and phone calls, that's great. Blackberry is solid for emails/phone. But for my needs, I will be needing a REAL multi-tasking phone.

Droid Bionic, the future, also b/c I'll be needing a new camera anyways!

To RIM:
    Get your heads straight. You are going to lose a majority of your market share to Android devices and, now thanks to verizon, Apple devices. Good luck in India!
    Looks like I'm with you, and you'll probably get some nasty comments from the faithful.
    blackberryaddict85 likes this.
    02-14-11 06:12 PM
    While I do agree with a few of your comments, however, they are rather subjective because there are quite a few of very satisfied BB OS 6 users. I'm curious why feel that OS 6 is so bad that you can't multi-task. What is it that you want to do that you can't? I seem to recall when everyone on OS 5 was complaining about it and begging RIM for OS 6. If you remeber, in the early stages of OS 5, it was not exactly "stable as you point out. With any new OS and device, there are issues that includes, Blackberry, iPhone and Android devices too. RIM caters to a consumer that is more corporate oriented and needs a solid, secure, reliable device. Take some time and read through the numerous Droid forums, and you'll find plenty of very disatisfied Droid users. But you're certainly entitled to express your opinion. Enjoy your Bionic, I hope it meets all your expectations.
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    02-14-11 06:17 PM
    yup.... my Bold is ancient compared to the competition out there! Cant wait to finally get rid of my Blackberry for the Bionic myself!
    02-14-11 06:18 PM
    I'm not going to get into flaming this phone or that phone. Fact is there's a lot of good devices to choose from. Android will have their market share just like Blackberry will have their's. Choose whatever device makes sense and works for you. Hopefully, the more competition will force everyone to improve.
    02-14-11 06:50 PM
    I like OS 6. It's fast on my 9700, my web experience is good and I also multitask quite a bit. But if it isn't working for you then you should try something else. Good luck.
    lyncher likes this.
    02-14-11 07:01 PM
    Wow, a dedicated decade BB user, I bet your 36 posts on CB were amazing.
    BayouBengal21, Machzy and yojosefo like this.
    02-14-11 07:46 PM
    And then there's people like you who flame others on forums. Get a life man, seriously. No one asked you for your input. K thanks.
    blackberryaddict85 and cplush like this.
    02-14-11 10:35 PM
    Multitasking? Forget about it.
    im confused, how has it changed (be for better or worse) over OS5?
    and to follow, how is it better/worse than any other OS multitasking system?
    02-14-11 10:40 PM
    And then there's people like you who flame others on forums. Get a life man, seriously. No one asked you for your input. K thanks.
    Right, we only want you opinion, that's why we made the CrackBerry forums especially for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Machzy likes this.
    02-14-11 10:45 PM
    I have a droid and I am hopefully soon getting a blackberry. I hate my droid and most people that I know dislike their droids so much. They are known to have AWFUL battery life.. trust me its bad. If you don't keep your backlight down all day your phone will die in 8-10 hours. Also, they are sort of sluggish, like it takes a few seconds for things to pop and and stuff. Also, many people I know (along with myelf) have had freezing and rebooting problems with our droids. I know my droid (pro) reboots at least once a day and freezes even more.

I'm sure the Droid bionic will be great but thats just my opinion from my side of the spectrum. Oh and these opinions from these droid users primarily had droid 1, droid 2, and droid x. All the motorolla droids. Oh and motoblur on the new motorolla droids sucks so hard its awful.

But yeah goodluck)
    02-14-11 10:52 PM
    Right, we only want you opinion, that's why we made the CrackBerry forums especially for you!

you think you're all that b/c you have 200 thank you's in 100 posts! stick to the law books, ignorance is no excuse in law.

Now to everyone else, how about we ACTUALLY discuss the real issues here about OS6.

Thanks.
    02-15-11 12:13 AM
    I have a droid and I am hopefully soon getting a blackberry. I hate my droid and most people that I know dislike their droids so much. They are known to have AWFUL battery life.. trust me its bad. If you don't keep your backlight down all day your phone will die in 8-10 hours. Also, they are sort of sluggish, like it takes a few seconds for things to pop and and stuff. Also, many people I know (along with myelf) have had freezing and rebooting problems with our droids. I know my droid (pro) reboots at least once a day and freezes even more.

I'm sure the Droid bionic will be great but thats just my opinion from my side of the spectrum. Oh and these opinions from these droid users primarily had droid 1, droid 2, and droid x. All the motorolla droids. Oh and motoblur on the new motorolla droids sucks so hard its awful.

But yeah goodluck)

thanks for your constructive criticism.
    is there a sleep mode on the droids, like the BB does?
    02-15-11 12:15 AM
    you think you're all that b/c you have 200 thank you's in 100 posts! stick to the law books, ignorance is no excuse in law.

Now to everyone else, how about we ACTUALLY discuss the real issues here about OS6.

Thanks.
    Issues? What issues did you discuss? You just complained.
    Multitasking? BlackBerry does it better than anything else I've tried, and OS6 doesn't change that. The new app switcher is better than the OS5 one imo.
    Browsing? Well that's never been RIM's strong suit, mainly because the data is run through their servers and the screen is smaller (excepting the touch screen devices) because there's actually a good keyboard. But OS6 brought tabs (I remember when pc internet didn't have that) and I think browsing is overall better in OS6. Column mode IS THERE, you get it by clicking the trackpad when the magnifying glass pops up. It doesn't always work on mobile sites, but no biggie there.
    Apps? That's a third party thing. And seriously, the only apps on my ipod touch that there isn't equivalent for on my BlackBerry are games. If I want to waste my time playing games, I'm gonna play something good on xbox or on my PC.
    As far as the OS, I personally like BBOS. If you don't, get a theme.
    I can't see my thank you's, I'm on mobile. And I could care less how many thanks I have.
    Lastly, you're right, ignorance is no excuse in the law. It also wouldn't be an excuse for someone with a GED, I don't see how that's relevant. If it's an attempt to insult me, pretty ridiculous - "hey you're in post-graduate education, neener neener!" Once I graduate and start making money, I'll fly you to the Vatican and you can make fun of the Pope for being a good person.

Last edited by SCrid2000; 02-15-11 at 12:41 AM.
    Machzy likes this.
    02-15-11 12:38 AM
    Issues? What issues did you discuss? You just complained.
    Multitasking? BlackBerry does it better than anything else I've tried, and OS6 doesn't change that. The new app switcher is better than the OS5 one imo.
    Browsing? Well that's never been RIM's strong suit, mainly because the data is run through their servers and the screen is smaller (excepting the touch screen devices) because there's actually a good keyboard. But OS6 brought tabs (I remember when pc internet didn't have that) and I think browsing is overall better in OS6. Column mode IS THERE, you get it by clicking the trackpad when the magnifying glass pops up. It doesn't always work on mobile sites, but no biggie there.
    Apps? That's a third party thing. And seriously, the only apps on my ipod touch that there isn't equivalent for on my BlackBerry are games. If I want to waste my time playing games, I'm gonna play something good on xbox or on my PC.
    As far as the OS, I personally like BBOS. If you don't, get a theme.
    I can't see my thank you's, I'm on mobile. And I could care less how many thanks I have.
    Lastly, you're right, ignorance is no excuse in the law. It also wouldn't be an excuse for someone with a GED, I don't see how that's relevant. If it's an attempt to insult me, pretty ridiculous - "hey you're in post-graduate education, neener neener!" Once I graduate and start making money, I'll fly you to the Vatican and you can make fun of the Pope for being a good person.

WOW! finally some constructive argument.

and I would LOVE to make fun of the Pope ...

Let's all toast to that, and get along now.
    02-15-11 05:18 AM
    Oh wow! Another "I hate blackberry and I'm getting a droid" thread!
    How novel!
    Nobody cares if you leave. Face it.
    02-15-11 06:22 AM
    WOW! finally some constructive argument.

and I would LOVE to make fun of the Pope ...

Let's all toast to that, and get along now.
    You would've gotten far better responses if your original post had been better formulated.
    Maybe it would have gone unnoticed, but lots of people seem to feel a need to announce their intentions to switch phones and whine about RIM - after 30 or 40 new threads like that every day, it gets old.
    Sharing your personal life is what Facebook is for, not CrackBerry. At very least go to off topic to share, not device help and discussion.

02-15-11 09:26 AM
    Alright, I just came back to Blackberry, wife gave up her Bold, not using it enough, after a year and a half with Android. I have had the Droid, Incredible, Droid Pro and the Fascinate. The android system itself is good, but the battery life on these phones are pathetic. Had many problems with the Original Droid, returned 3 times. Bought the incredible from a buddy, great phone, but battery life was horrible. Upgraded to Droid Pro, battery life was just as bad as the incredible. So used my exchange for the fascinate, the best of the Android phones I had but yet the battery life is bad as well. I'm loving the Bold so far, installed the new version of OS 6 and I have had no problems so far, and battery life is pretty good. Missed the keyboard
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    02-15-11 10:35 AM
    i've been a dedicated bb user for the last decade or so, and wow!
    Os6 just sucks compared to what it is "competing" with. The browser is awful, slow, and just not convenient to use at all. Multitasking? Forget about it. Apps? Weak. As for the gui of the home interface, it's alright. It does everything i could do before with quicklaunch. The overall feel of the operating system seems very sluggish and far inferior to the reliability of os 5 and below. My contract expires in the summer and when it does, i'm out.
    I know those of you out there who are simple and just need a phone for email and phone calls, that's great. Blackberry is solid for emails/phone. But for my needs, i will be needing a real multi-tasking phone.

Droid bionic, the future, also b/c i'll be needing a new camera anyways!

to rim:
    Get your heads straight. You are going to lose a majority of your market share to android devices and, now thanks to verizon, apple devices. Good luck in india!
    cheerio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    02-15-11 10:38 AM
    ROFL, couldn't have said that better myself!

OP: this thread is a fail. kthanks bye
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-15-11 at 10:42 AM.
    02-15-11 10:39 AM
    At very least go to off topic to share, not device help and discussion.
    The mods started a thread for this junk:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...t-here-260887/
    02-15-11 10:45 AM
    I work in the phone business and I always tell people figure out what you do the most (or want to do) on your phone and do research for the best phone for those needs. I have a lot of people that switch from Blackberry to Droids for web and thats what they do so it works. Then I also have a lot of people that switch who do email/text and cant stand droids. People who switch to the iphone....well don't even get me started on that one. I have played with most devices and have always come back to my Blackberry and that's because it fits my needs not someone elses.
    02-15-11 10:59 AM
    I have played with most devices and have always come back to my Blackberry and that's because it fits my needs not someone elses.
    This is very true. I don't know why people bash other platforms. They all have something positive to offer. And all have their drawbacks. I'm using a Droid X and love it, but still miss some of the simplicity of my BlackBerry and have debated a million times in my head with going back. Right now, I just don't think I can do it. What I need a phone for is texting, emailing, and internet. I need full HTML email and I can't deal with truncated emails, so until BB gets that shizz changed, I can't go back. I also do the majority of my internet through my phone. The browser on my X is light years ahead of where a Berry is, even with Opera or Bolt. For texting, the Berry wins, and that's part of the reason I kind of wanted to go back; however, my DX with Chomp SMS works better than just "well enough" to get by so that isn't the deciding factor. I don't use my DX for any of the other high end stuff, so that has come into play a little in me wanting to possibly switch back, but I can't deal with the browser and truncated emails of a Berry.

But you can bet your ascot that when BlackBerry gets a browser on par with my Droid and gets rid of truncated emails, I'll be back.

Some things are more important to others, and I don't fault anyone for finding what works for them and sticking to it. Android isn't for everyone, and BB isn't either. It's all up to what you need.
    02-15-11 11:57 AM
    The reality is that you cannot satisfy everyone.

The Bold is what it is. It has some strengths and some limitations in comparison to current and future Android phone releases planned. End result, switch and be happy.

Some people love simple. I feel the Bold or Blackberry in general is just that. Simple.

If you want that crossover feel to a PC, Laptop, or a Tablet, then the Android way of smartphones is for you.

While I too will be leaving my Bold behind for the Droid Bionic, I do respect that some here love their Blackberry and will not wish to change what they feel is comfortable to them.

When one person says it sucks, there is another saying it is comfortable and just feels right.
    02-15-11 01:19 PM
    Don't get me wrong, might get a Bionic just for the heck of it (I'm a gadget freak), but unless I see something really unexpected, Bold will remain my business phone for now anyway.
    02-15-11 01:44 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD