I just bought my curve 8330 and was playing with the photographic camera, when suddenly the curve kinda crashes the LED status turns RED and then reboots after a while as if i had made a battery pull...i decided to investigate and it turns out it appens when i zoom in or out quickly with the trackball or volume rocker, in the remaining count appears 30 pics left but then an ! appears to the right of the number...

what's wrong?� is my device broken?
    08-04-08 09:49 PM
    i guess this has something to do with memory? like RAM on a PC?
    08-05-08 04:38 PM
    what os are you running?
    08-05-08 04:59 PM
    I just bought my curve 8330 and was playing with the photographic camera, when suddenly the curve kinda crashes the LED status turns RED and then reboots after a while as if i had made a battery pull...i decided to investigate and it turns out it appens when i zoom in or out quickly with the trackball or volume rocker, in the remaining count appears 30 pics left but then an ! appears to the right of the number...

what's wrong?� is my device broken?
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I suspect you are on the right track.

Your device has a lot of internal memory, but taking pictures uses it up quickly. Older devices were limited to 10 full size images unless a media card was installed.

If you copy all but your must have favorites to computer, you will free up plenty of memory. If keeping them all is desirable, install a 4+ Gb media card and keep everything you can image.
    08-05-08 08:14 PM
    the problem is not memory left because my 8330 came with a 1GB micro SD...what i mean is that when i zoom in our out rather quickly the BB crashes and reboots (with the red LED)
    08-05-08 09:19 PM
    I have experienced the exact same problem and do not know what is causing it. I'd be interested to hear what to do.
    08-19-08 10:25 AM
    ...when my Curve was only a few weeks old. I called Verizon and they had me pull the battery. That seemed to resolve whatever issues were present, and it hasn't happened again. You might start there. Hope this helps.
    08-19-08 03:32 PM
    I had the same problem with crashes, and I finally got Alltel to replace the phone. I have not had any problems since. The guys at the retail store here said that the problem was the battery. Sometimes the connections aren't the greatest, and causes the crashes. Don't really understand that, but that is what they said.
    01-08-09 01:33 PM
    If my "file free" memory goes below 12,000,000 my camera won't work at all. Third party apps, themes, etc. will use up the bb's internal memory. A battery pull is a temporary fix but you have to be judicious with the apps and data you actually keep on the device's memory.
    01-09-09 11:36 AM
    the problem is not memory left because my 8330 came with a 1GB micro SD...what i mean is that when i zoom in our out rather quickly the BB crashes and reboots (with the red LED)
    Understand yopu have the memory card, but do you have it set up with photos going straight onto it. If you don't, device memory could still have pics clogging you up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD