Have I been in the dark, or is this an app directed at WorldMate???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 11:40 PM
    Have I been in the dark, or is this an app directed at WorldMate???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    According to the first paragraph of the press release, it was developed WITH WorldMate. It looks to me like the WorldMate folks customized an app specifically for BlackBerry.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-14-11 at 11:50 AM.
    02-14-11 02:41 AM
    It would indeed seem WorldMate created this app in conjunction with RIM for the BlackBerry.
    02-14-11 06:45 AM
    Yeah, I used to have WorldMate on my Tour, but never put it on my Bold, gonna have to give this one a try.
    02-14-11 10:10 AM
    I have been getting error messages all day on this app. I have downloaded and deleted several times all with the required reboot. The error message is something like this error starting com_worldmate_bbtravel_wmli: error loading module com_worldmate_bbtravel..........

any suggestions? please?
    02-14-11 08:21 PM
    Has anyone noticed a huge increase in boot-up time after installing this app? I reboot every morning and this morning my boot-up time went from about the normal one minute to 4-5 minutes. It even appeared to get stuck about 2/3 through. The only 2 changes I made yesterday were adding BB Travel and updating Poynt. I've never had issues with Poynt updates, so I'm thinking it might be the travel app. Anyone?
    02-15-11 06:22 AM
    I tried loading Travel. IT DL'ed fine. Fired it up. started the registration process. Clicked "submit registration" and it would say something like "could not connect". Though I did eventually get an email confirmation i could not get the thing to talk out.

So i tried rebooting, and I too noticed a horrendously slow/dead boot process. I deleted, or thought I tried to delete. But then I thought it hosed my Berry.

Ultimately, I had drained my battery down to 0. I had to wait until I was on the train and had access to an AC plug. Gave me enough juice to complete the deletion/reboot process.

Happy to have deleted this for now.....

Seems a little unstable if you ask me.....
    02-15-11 08:48 AM
    I deleted it this morning and the subsequent reboot was MUCH quicker!
    02-15-11 10:01 AM
    Just use the TripIt BB app.
    02-15-11 10:37 AM
    Now I remember why I don't use WorldMate anymore! LOL
    02-15-11 11:55 AM
    I've actually had a great time with this app. For all my travel, it's nice to have everything in one app. Notifications work great, searching for other flights, and hotels work great. I really love this app!
    02-22-11 08:54 AM
    I've used World Mate for a long time and loves it. But I cannot get Blackberry Travel to work at all. I've emailed my itineraries and enabled Automatic Trip Scanning and nothing works. I've waited three days and no trips are showing up.
    Not sure this app was ready for prime time.
    02-23-11 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD