the opportunity has come up to do a straight trade for my 9780. i love the 9780 but the double key input is driving me crazy.

im not a huge fan of touch screen - but the bigger screen would be nice as im doing more web surfing these days due to os6

what issues if any should i be looking at in a used 9800?

thanks in advance
    02-13-11 10:08 PM
    I have had it since launch and its awesome. I had the Captivate before but it died so quickly that I had to change it.

Its a little slow compared to other phones, nothing deal breaking but swiping left and right isn't as smooth as say the iphone 4 or captivate.

The pros definitely out weigh the cons. Its really a solid device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 10:16 PM
    I just got mine 2 hours ago and I'm loving it.
    02-13-11 10:24 PM
    Love it, adore it, somewhat obsessed by it! Came from the Storm so HAD to have the larger screen. OS6 is a huge leap forward, too.

Got an HTC Desire to play around on and can't say that I like it. My Torch is my 3rd arm. She never leaves my side.
    02-13-11 10:28 PM
    Love it! I use the touch screen for everything by typing long emails or text messages. It's nice to have both and the machine is rock solid. You'll find the browsing experience satisfactory.
    02-13-11 10:33 PM
    the opportunity has come up to do a straight trade for my 9780. i love the 9780 but the double key input is driving me crazy.

im not a huge fan of touch screen - but the bigger screen would be nice as im doing more web surfing these days due to os6

what issues if any should i be looking at in a used 9800?

thanks in advance
    I assume you want the BB keyboard then? You can find phones that will give you better browsing experience than the Torch, but if you are in need of a BlackBerry for the keyboard or BBM and want a better browsing experience, then the Torch is it. You may become a fan of the touchscreen with OS6. On a used Torch, you'll want to know if the slider has excessive sideways wiggle and whether it has any portrait/landscape orientation problems; with the slider out it should be locked in portrait mode, when closed it should rotate to landscape when turned sideways. Ask if it's been dropped as well.
    kha likes this.
    02-13-11 10:39 PM
    I have it since Nov-10 and its great.

02-13-11 10:54 PM
    I assume you want the BB keyboard then? You can find phones that will give you better browsing experience than the Torch, but if you are in need of a BlackBerry for the keyboard or BBM and want a better browsing experience, then the Torch is it. You may become a fan of the touchscreen with OS6. On a used Torch, you'll want to know if the slider has excessive sideways wiggle and whether it has any portrait/landscape orientation problems; with the slider out it should be locked in portrait mode, when closed it should rotate to landscape when turned sideways. Ask if it's been dropped as well.
    good info man. so test for sideway wiggle (i guess a bit is ok?)

im guessing portrait mode is just regular orientation and landscape is when you hold it sideways?

any other issues?

is this phone rock solid lol? storm had so many issues im scared of getting a bb touch screen because of it.
    02-13-11 10:58 PM
    My man, I've sported them all! And my loves were the 9000, 9700...and now the Torch. Yup its a bit heavier to get used to but once you sink in, you're stuck and lovin it.

The only issue I ever had, was a faulty trackpad that wouldn't respond properly. Make sure you check for that issue. Other than that?? Nada for me. Upgrade to Official .448 OS and your laughing.

02-13-11 11:15 PM
    good info man. so test for sideway wiggle (i guess a bit is ok?)

im guessing portrait mode is just regular orientation and landscape is when you hold it sideways?

any other issues?

is this phone rock solid lol? storm had so many issues im scared of getting a bb touch screen because of it.
    Yeap, that's right.. portrait is regular and landscape is sideways

I've had my torch for about 2 months now and its been great so far!
    Solid piece of equipment I may say.
    02-14-11 08:09 PM
    lovin' it.

had a doctor friend of mine see mine today and remark, "oh, you got a torch! i'm jealous." he's lovin' it too! (lol)
    02-14-11 08:17 PM
    the torch is not bad I used as far, I used to use the 9700, there are some change on the keypad when you input.

also, I want to know what's means of double key input?? it's keypad problem?

I'm just consider buy a 9780? thank you
    02-14-11 08:56 PM
    I just got my torch on saturday and I must say I love it !
    02-14-11 09:10 PM
    i am in love with Torch.

dual interface for input > touch n pad
    good battery
    capacitative
    huge memory
    02-14-11 09:10 PM
    I've had my Torch since November, its my first smartphone & BB. No complaints whatsoever, all love here!
    02-14-11 09:17 PM
    I love it to death. I was extremly skeptical coming from a 9700 but I can't imagine life without my torch now. And my batt lasts just as long

02-15-11 12:27 AM
    I've had mine since early September and I absolutely love it!
    I've had no problems whatsoever with the phone and convinced my wife she should get the same as well...which she did last month and now she's loving it too!

02-15-11 06:09 AM
    Love it! Best phone I have ever had. No problems with it, besides a bit of wobblyness that I don't even notice anymore. Runs so smooth and fast. Everything on the phone is just awesome.
    02-15-11 06:25 AM
    I agonised for ages about whether to upgrade to a Torch. Just had it a few days, so still getting used to things, but absolutely love it! So please I opted for it in the end.
    02-15-11 08:08 AM
    I'm currently on my third torch. First one broke, second one got dropped in pizza sauce, and third one went for a swim in a fryer. First and second one were replaced and this third one after taking it apart and cleaning it, works perfect(yes even after a deep fat frying lol). Loved all 3 of them and still loving it. Plan on getting another to replace the fried one(has some screen issues) when I'm available for an upgrade in June.
    02-15-11 09:25 AM
    I really like my torch. I've had it since the beginning of January. Previously I had the pearl so I was used to the BB keyboard lay out and I didn't think I would use the touch screen keyboard a lot but now that's about all I used. I was surprised by the weight at first, but no big deal. Someone asked if it was "rock solid". I haven't dropped my yet, so I'm hoping the same thing. Overall very pleased, I plan on keeping this phone for a while and if I do get a new phone, better believe it'll be a blackberry.
    02-15-11 09:29 AM
    All can say is homerun. keyboard was a change from my old 8310 but I absolutely love this phone.

02-15-11 09:41 AM
    I switched over to a 9800 from a 9700 about a week or so ago and have been quite happy with it. Just yesterday I picked up the 9700 to do a security wipe on it. The screen seemed so tiny after having used the 9800.

02-15-11 11:35 AM
    Torch is a great device to own....much much better than the Storm series..simply love it!

02-15-11 11:43 AM
    i got mine Aug 12, 2010 ( first day of launch)
    from that time to now, i have switched from having a Privacy Screen to NO Screen protector... from a HARD case ( Otterbox) to a semi-naked Torch..because of the OEM Pouch.. the one with the RED stitch.
    i still like the device.. weight is not an issue.. i actually prefer a not so light phone.. maybe it's a guy thing.
    Wiggle issue.. None so far.
    Laggy..Nope.. the .337 ( i currently have .450) improved the overall performance of the phone.
    and as you can see on my sig, i have been with a lot of phones.. and different platforms.
    02-15-11 11:48 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD