Well I'm a new BB user switched from the android phones (moto droid) and I just got the white torch yesterday and I love it so far. for I'm glad I made the switch to this phone.
    02-12-11 10:37 AM
    Welcome to the Torch fellowship. Hope you enjoy the experience as much as I do.
    02-12-11 10:59 AM
    Consider the following apps....

First 4 are paid, but definately must haves and worth it to complement your 9800 and enhance its usability. The rest of the applications are ALL FREE

1) QuickLaunch, this application is a MUST HAVE for any BlackBerry device!!! It allows you to run any application or task via one icon which you can place on your desktop and setup shortcuts for it, additionally, it comes with a weather application built in as well, a screen capture utility incase you wanted to show your screen to someone, a torch application that actually works, and a battery pull simulator to help you easily restart your device without actually removing the battery.

Price: $4.99 but is worth every penny!

Link: QuickLaunch - The Swiss Army Knife of BlackBerry Apps! - @ VOTED BEST APP 2010, 2009 by Crackberry! - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2) BBWeather, by far, the best weather application for the BB, this is not free though, but well worth every penny, it gives you a very nice graphical interface with a 7 day ahead weather forecast, and has skins support as well to change its looks.

It costs $9.99 USD.

Link: BerryWeather - Weather in Style - VOTED BEST WEATHER APP 2010 - News & Weather BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Price = $9.99

3) MeterBerry, gives you an icon on the desktop the shows the percentage left on your battery, additionally, it tells you the average discharge rate per hour on your battery (good for finding whether the new OS you just installed is consuming more or less battery than the previous one), it has a memory cleaner to free up unused memory.
    It can also give you a detailed log of every hour of how much battery was used and how much memory was used.
    It can also simulate a battery pull without the need to physically remove your battery.

Price: $3.99 = MeterBerry - The Ultimate System Management Utility - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BerryBuzz , The essential alert tool for every BlackBerry.

Quote:
    * Tired of getting only red flashes from your device LED? Assign custom LED colors to ABOUT ANYTHING on your device. From e-mail, SMS, calls and many 3rd party apps to e-mails, SMS and calls from SPECIFIC CONTACTS.

* Tired of being alerted only once? Set a repeating audible reminder to about anything you can set a custom LED for.

* Plus it adds the option to have vibrate while ringing for many notifications and incoming calls.

The essential alert tool for every BlackBerry.

* Tired of getting only red flashes from your device LED? Assign custom LED colors to ABOUT ANYTHING on your device. From e-mail, SMS, calls and many 3rd party apps to e-mails, SMS and calls from SPECIFIC CONTACTS.

* Tired of being alerted only once? Set a repeating audible reminder to about anything you can set a custom LED for.

* Plus it adds the option to have vibrate while ringing for many notifications and incoming calls.

Price: $5.99

BerryBuzz - Custom LED Colors, Repeating Alerts and more! - VOTED BEST APP DEVELOPER 2010 - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

02-12-11 11:49 AM
    5) DuoBerry (This allows you to download YouTube movies and not get any extra carrier charges)

From your BlackBerry, visit this link to start the installation, do not forget to customize the security restrictions and set everything to ALLOW
    Link: http://jelounge.dikti.net/Launcher/duoberry.jad

6) Dictionary (very neat dictionary application that can even pronounce the words for ya), to install this, Visit the following link from your BB >>> http://bbtweeps.com/files/ota/Dictio...dictionary.jad

7) Google Maps = from your BB, go to http://m.google.com/?dc=gbackstop&session=3142717698&hl=en

there you should see a list of all the Google applications and you will find Google Maps there

8) Google Sync (A very neat application that will enable you to backup all your contacts to your Gmail e-mail account, so incase you lose or damage your BB, you have a backup. You can always login to your Gmail account and you will see all the contacts under the Contacts section.

Let us say you ever get your phone back and have no previous backup or contacts, just load Google Sync again, and login to your email on your BB via the application, then hit Sync, it will then download all your contacts back!)

From the same page where you downloaded Google Maps, download

Google Sync

9) TuneIn Radio (The best FREE radio for your BlackBerry) = Download TuneIn Radio for Blackberry

10) BerryUnit Converter (good application to convert various formats like length, height, etc, into other formats, example, kgs to pounds and so on)

From your BB, navigate to http://www.tomechangosubanana.com/be...tConverter.jad

11) BarCode Assistant (very good barcode reader)

Barcode Assistant - Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

12) QuickPull 5 v5.0.2 (Simulates a battery pull without the need to remove your battery physically)
    From your BB visit >>> http://go.mobihand.com/?op=dlmh&pd=42093&l=1&ps=150

02-12-11 11:49 AM
    Berrybuzz and quick launch are must app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 11:57 AM
    Berrybuzz and quick launch are must app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Definately! They're listed above with pics
    02-12-11 11:58 AM
    Thank you I appreciate it a lot.
    02-12-11 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD