Just noticed via Mobile Syrup tweet that Wind Mobile has released OS6 for the Bold 9700. Does anyone know if this will work on a Bell 9700, or if not, when Bell is expected to release their version? Thanks.
    02-11-11 02:11 PM
    ANY 9700 OS from ANY carrier in ANY country, will work on ANY 9700... always have, always will
    02-11-11 02:16 PM
    Just noticed via Mobile Syrup tweet that Wind Mobile has released OS6 for the Bold 9700. Does anyone know if this will work on a Bell 9700, or if not, when Bell is expected to release their version? Thanks.

ANY 9700 OS from ANY carrier in ANY country, will work on ANY 9700... always have, always will
    As Phil pointed out, you can use any 9700 OS 6 build on your 9700.

Like all carriers, only Bell knows when they will relese an OS.
    02-11-11 02:31 PM
    If I install this how do I delete the vendor.xml file?
    02-11-11 02:58 PM
    If I install this how do I delete the vendor.xml file?

First do a complete backup of your BB and 3rd party apps.
    Delete any previous OS from your computer
    Download and install the OS of your choice, obviously one that is for your device.

Go to My Computer> C Drive> Program Files> Common Files> Research In Motion> AppLoader. Once in the AppLoader file, you should see a file called Vendor.xml. It may be near the bottom. Right click on it and delete that file. Now look for a file called Loader.exe.

Connect your device to your computer and make sure it's recognized by the computer. Also make sure Desktop Manager is closed.

With the device connected to the computer, right click on Loader.exe and choose Run. Or simply double click it and it will do its thing and install the new OS. After the install, do a battery pull or two and you should be good to go. If you have any issues, please report back and we'll help you any way we can.
    mssca likes this.
    02-11-11 03:21 PM
    Anyone know what version it is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 03:47 PM
    .448 just like all the other 'official' releases lately
    02-11-11 03:52 PM
    It's the same as the leaks of .448. Nothing is new about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 06:02 AM
    I will confirm that I have just installed Vodafone OS 6 .448 to my Wind mobile 9700 last night and everything is working fine.

I shrinked the database via BB Boss and removed unwanted stuff and wiped the device with BBSAK prior to updgrading the OS 6. I must say, I am liking the menu responsivness and browser speed.
    02-12-11 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD