Last edited by nickm48; 02-13-11 at 11:32 AM.
    02-11-11 12:31 PM
    If the phone is stolen, return it to the person from whom it was stolen. Then you won't have to worry about cops.
    02-11-11 12:57 PM
    Don't know who it belonged too, it was a blocked number, now can anyone helpful answer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 01:01 PM
    Call the carrier of the phone and tell them the number of the phone. Ask them it it has been reported as stolen. Tell them your brother purchased it and you wanted to make sure it wasn't hot. If it has been reported, tell them you want to return it. How hard is it to do the right thing? The odds are the police are not going to go to the expense of tracking the phone to arrest anyone unless the person with the phone is doing stuff they shouldn't be. Don't believe everything you see on TV...
    02-11-11 01:15 PM
    Yes. It can be tracked, if someone wants to track it. Although I'm not sure how helpful the carrier would be in tracking the phone...

If the person had some software running on it (i.e. where's my phone, etc.), then they would easily be able to find out where it was.
    02-11-11 01:19 PM
    SO you want us to help you feel better about using a stolen phone?
    02-11-11 01:49 PM
    Can it be tracked? Sure.

Will that person go through the trouble of doing so? Probably not.
    02-11-11 02:28 PM
    At the end of the day, unless they are someone of great "importance"... The carrier isn't going to do anything.... Now if your conscience is getting the best of you, return it.
    02-11-11 04:38 PM
    when my son's iphone was stolen, it can be tracked but the carrier will not do it unless court ordered.
    02-11-11 05:19 PM
    If the device was reported stolen, then you should take the steps to get it returned to the rightful owner. Possession of stolen property is a criminal offense. And in the US, if the device crossed state lines, then it might be a federal offense.
    02-11-11 05:31 PM
    Certainly can be tracked, whether someone will actually try to is another question.
    02-11-11 06:44 PM
    Again, why is it so hard to do the right thing and report the phone to the carrier. It should not be necessary for anyone to be told this. If the device is tracked to the person who purchased it, the police don't have any choice but to charge him with possession of stolen property. Ignorance of the law and/or failure to report it is of little concern to the authorities.

02-12-11 08:43 AM
    Again, why is it so hard to do the right thing and report the phone to the carrier. It should not be necessary for anyone to be told this. If the device is tracked to the person who purchased it, the police don't have any choice but to charge him with possession of stolen property. Ignorance of the law and/or failure to report it is of little concern to the authorities.

My point exactly. And I think the OP's initial response to my first post says a lot. I know this, I don't want to leave my phone near the OP's brother or the OP. If he is having such a hard time figuring out how to skirt the law and/or can't figure out the right thing to do, then I seriously question his integrity. Lord love a duck!! Just do the right thing and call the carrier and return the phone!
    02-12-11 09:30 AM
    If he calls the carrier and returns the phone what will happen to the money that he paid to by the phone? Lol stupid decision..

02-12-11 02:29 PM
    Another 1 post wonder. Stolen property is stolen is stolen property. Put in into perspective, if it were a car and it was stolen you have 0 chances of getting your money back. What makes you think is any different. And emjunkie, before you make yourself sound more like a dip ****, keep your **** hole shut.
    02-12-11 03:15 PM
    I believe that RIM could also blacklist the pin, rendering the phone virtually useless. This thread reminds me of a thread going on over at howardforums, where members have been spamming the stolen phone with messages to return the phone. If by some chance this is the same phone...it's a Rogers Torch in question.

02-12-11 03:20 PM
    Well if his brother bought the phone and then got a text saying it was stolen then he is not are fault if he can track down the person that sold it to him bc at the point that he bought it he had no idea that it was stolen. I would get in contact with the person that sold it to me and after getting all their info I would then call the carrier and the cops give the cops the story and then go from there with it.

02-12-11 07:37 PM
    He is at fault for receiving stolen property and trying to find a way to avoid reporting it to the authorities.
    02-12-11 09:13 PM
    What do you mean "she left a msg on it with someone trying to contact saying its a stolen phone"?
    Is there a message on the home screen?
    02-13-11 01:21 AM
    THIS IS WAT I WOULD SUGGEST...

wipe the phoneeee completely !!!!!!! til u get the white screeen of death

reload OS, i will remove any trackin software
    02-13-11 01:49 AM
    I'm a newbee, only had my phone less than two weeks. Can it be tracked? AT&T offers a locator feature that allows you to type in your family member's cell number and it will give you--often within 30 feet--their approximate location. You could see it on a map, satellite view or areal photo if you wanted. And that was just with the cheesy flip phones we used to have. That system worked off of signal triangulation or GPS, depending on your phone. If it was that easy for me to see where my kids where, it's not a huge stretch to believe the police have that and a standing agreement with every cell carrier.

However...in addition to the standard signal triangulation, blackberry has a GPS--way more accurate that signal triangulation. Wipe the phone all you want. If you have a stolen phone you can be tracked as long as you have it...
    02-13-11 06:44 AM
    Rather than offering the OP means to evade to law, encourage him to report it and be done with it. The PIN has most likely been rendered invalid unless the carrier and RIM are helping the authorities to track the phone.

Do the honest thing report and return thr phone. Then, go to the store and buy one legally. Stop being a jackwagon.

02-13-11 10:40 AM
    dunt return the phone to be an ***** no1 is gonna track the phone, the other person who lost it is jus gonna get a new one they dunt careeeee
    02-13-11 01:20 PM
    Finch250, if you insist on posting random garbage, could you at least use real English words? Sheesh!
    02-13-11 06:38 PM
    Wow Finch.... I seriously hope I dont meet you when I go to Queens in the spring because it wont be a pretty thing for you... That being said... I track my phone with moosetrax and it works wonders. As for the OP... don't be an *******. You know its a stolen phone... I know rogers will render the PIN useless and they do investigations to track the phones in most cases especially Iphones and Blackberry's
    02-13-11 06:52 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD