Well after thinking alot and reading about .450 I decide to go for it and its working great.
    Hope no problem comes around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 09:54 PM
    theres a couple of other threads where this couldve been posted. but, glad its working for you. i had a bad battery drain on .450.
    02-09-11 10:28 PM
    My Torch has been running pretty good with the .450 os installed.
    02-20-11 09:56 PM
    I have 450 since it came out. Battery drains faster than 337 but the phone runs smooth, so I'm okay. I am a light user and can still go 3 days before I need to recharge.
    02-20-11 10:05 PM
    theres a couple of other threads where this couldve been posted. but, glad its working for you. i had a bad battery drain on .450.
    Just 2?

I hope it works out for you Mike
    I could not run Blackberry Travel on .450 and had no Audio in my MP4 movies. I had to go to .448.

It's amazing the variations of problems we all find. 3rd party apps and hybrids must be the variables causing such discrepancies in our findings.
    02-20-11 10:08 PM
    i would really like to know HOW people claim to get 2 or 3 days out of their Torch. i think its BS. on a full, 100% battery i show between 2-3.5% an hr discharge rate right off the bat at idle. sure, thats gonna be around 48 hrs if the math is correct and the discharge rate doesnt change. but that will be impossible. even with some light FB, BBM and SMS, the discharge rate goes up to 5% an hr or so. i would even consider 5% an hour decent if im using the phone a decent amount. at that point, it would still be dead in 20 hours. so people that are claiming up to 2 days, it sure seems sketchy.

my 9700 with the radio turned off and wifi on will last for about a week or more on standby at a minimal discharge rate of sometimes 1% or less. just having the radio on will drastically cut that time down.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 02-21-11 at 02:10 AM.
    02-21-11 01:51 AM
    I'm on .450 and I haven't noticed any battery problems. I've been pretty happy with this version. I'm a heavy sms/bbm user. But on a full charge ill get a full day with usually 30% or so left. Only issue I've seen which I wouldn't say is an issue I had a glitch where my battery reported 1% life left for 4 hours. Yes 4 hours. And I was making calls, texting/bbm. With all radios turned on..

02-21-11 03:37 AM
    I'm on .450 and I haven't noticed any battery problems. I've been pretty happy with this version. I'm a heavy sms/bbm user. But on a full charge ill get a full day with usually 30% or so left. Only issue I've seen which I wouldn't say is an issue I had a glitch where my battery reported 1% life left for 4 hours. Yes 4 hours. And I was making calls, texting/bbm. With all radios turned on..

funny you mention this. the other day, my friends Storm 2 was nearly completely drained (battery bar totally empty and red) yet the radio didnt turn off.
    02-21-11 05:43 AM
    No battery problem. No overheating. Runs great!
    02-21-11 06:15 AM
    don't have battery drain issue here either, .450 is not perfect but it's better than all previous OSs to me
    02-21-11 07:38 AM
    i would really like to know HOW people claim to get 2 or 3 days out of their Torch. i think its BS. on a full, 100% battery i show between 2-3.5% an hr discharge rate right off the bat at idle. sure, thats gonna be around 48 hrs if the math is correct and the discharge rate doesnt change. but that will be impossible. even with some light FB, BBM and SMS, the discharge rate goes up to 5% an hr or so. i would even consider 5% an hour decent if im using the phone a decent amount. at that point, it would still be dead in 20 hours. so people that are claiming up to 2 days, it sure seems sketchy.

my 9700 with the radio turned off and wifi on will last for about a week or more on standby at a minimal discharge rate of sometimes 1% or less. just having the radio on will drastically cut that time down.
    Lets say, using your numbers, that the avg between not using it and light use, could net someone 34 hours. If we have the auto off set for 11pm to 7am (8hrs) then we have now extended the phone life to 42 hours (in theory).
    I guess I'm just saying that I'm one of 'those people' claiming I can get 2 days from a charge. To be honest thats just weekends when I don't use it nearly as much as I do Mon to Fri. With normal use I could stretch it out, for a work day and a few hours into the next, but I alway charge it over night. i don't want to require a charge in the middle of the workday.
    02-21-11 09:19 AM
    anybody claiming 2 to 3 days of battery life on his TOCH is full of BS, you would have to leave the phone idle, no use at all and even then would be calling it BS
    02-21-11 01:15 PM
    anybody claiming 2 to 3 days of battery life on his TOCH is full of BS, you would have to leave the phone idle, no use at all and even then would be calling it BS
    I can almost always go 2 days between charges on a weekend when I'm not using my phone much. That's a few calls, a few texts, an hour or two of browsing, checking/clearing out emails as needed, and maybe a round or two of Backgammon. After pulling it off the charger on a Saturday morning, I've never had less than 30% battery left by Sunday night. So 2 days is definitely doable, but 3 days is probably unlikely.

I'm finding that the browser seems to use up the battery a little quicker on .450 than on .337. Other than that, any difference in battery life is marginal.
    02-21-11 01:39 PM
    ^ Can't be possible...we are liars.

The truth - I took it off the charging dock at 9am today (It's a holiday today, Family Day). I haven't used mine much today. It's been sitting around (on home wifi). I used the browser for 5min, sent and received a few emails, BBM and it's connected to Weathereye. That is my definition of light use.
    It's at 95%. I think some would only beleive us if we were to send our event log?
    Before calling people out with the 'BS Flag' consider every scenario you can before doing so. Like how strong or weak is your mobile network? Mine is always Full 3G. I am on WiFi a lot. I never leave apps running (accept native apps and the weather app.)
    My screen brightness, like many, is set to 0 and my background is a simple solid black image I make for every BB I have had (that allowed wallpapers) because this also saves power.

Edit: it's 5:29pm and I just noticed its dropped to 90% so it must have been closer to that when I mad this post a few minutes ago. Heck even I thought 95% was ridiculous 8 hours off the charger.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 02-21-11 at 04:29 PM.
    02-21-11 04:04 PM
    I can get almost 15 days battery life out of my torch, the trick is to turn it off after you make every call. And only turn it back on again when you want to make another call.
    02-21-11 04:07 PM
    ^ Can't be possible...we are liars.

The truth - I took it off the charging dock at 9am today (It's a holiday today, Family Day). I haven't used mine much today. It's been sitting around (on home wifi). I used the browser for 5min, sent and received a few emails, BBM and it's connected to Weathereye. That is my definition of light use.
    It's at 95%. I think some would only beleive us if we were to send our event log?
    Before calling people out with the 'BS Flag' consider every scenario you can before doing so. Like how strong or weak is your mobile network? Mine is always Full 3G. I am on WiFi a lot. I never leave apps running (accept native apps and the weather app.)
    My screen brightness, like many, is set to 0 and my background is a simple solid black image I make for every BB I have had (that allowed wallpapers) because this also saves power.
    Today has been an average day of usage...and I am at work. No holidays in the funeral business. made calls, did some browsing, and a few messages. Its 5:12pm eastern time and I am at 85%. Been on .448 for @ a week and the battery life has improved. By tonite at 11pm I am usually at 65% or more. I don't go two days though I could because I charge every night. Nothing worse than having a very busy day with lots of long distance calls and running low with that nagging fear that my 45% battery will suddenly go to pot with the boss on the phone.
    02-21-11 04:15 PM
    I can get almost 15 days battery life out of my torch, the trick is to turn it off after you make every call. And only turn it back on again when you want to make another call.
    theres no point to having a smartphone then
    02-21-11 04:16 PM
    DangerMouse - Thats awesome man. I'll bet it would last even longer if you don't turn it on at all
    02-21-11 04:17 PM
    theres no point to having a smartphone then
    Turn your sarcasm detector on mate. Lol.
    02-21-11 04:26 PM
    I thought it was loud and clear. Sometimes these () help, just to be clear for some. Cheers
    02-21-11 04:33 PM
    lol sorry, sarcasm is hard to detect in words..
    02-21-11 04:34 PM
    Sorry bro, I'll add an icon in next time !

If I attach a 10mile usb cable to a really tall building and have it follow me around London and plugged in, I can keep my 9800 on for almost an unlimited amount of days !!

02-21-11 04:39 PM
    I had my torch fully charged yesterday (Sun) morning. It has been on home Wi-fi throughout as it was holiday today (President's day). Screen brightness set to 10, BWeather set to update every 1 hour, around 2 hours of call time (actual time when phone was used for a call, out of which 90 min was for international calls), browsed for half hour yest and today, have watched Youtube for close to half hour. I don't do any social networking stuff (FB/Twitter etc), sent n received around 15 e-mails on BIS (Wi-fi). Battery is showing at 50% remaining. I am confident I can go entire day tomorrow. I don't have Wi-fi access at work.

This is more or less my typical 'light' usage, except probably longer phone calls on some days.
    Last edited by prashkul; 02-21-11 at 05:34 PM.
    02-21-11 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD