Buying my wife the new phone for verizon because she hates how slow her original droid is. Thinking of the iphone or thunderbolt. I know she uses the free nav alot, is there a free turn by turn nav for the iphone itself w/out purchasing the verizon navigation?
    02-08-11 07:52 AM
    look it up on iTunes.
    take note that not all iPhone apps will work because it is slightly different on the VZW iPhone,.
    02-08-11 07:54 AM
    Buying my wife the new phone for verizon because she hates how slow her original droid is. Thinking of the iphone or thunderbolt. I know she uses the free nav alot, is there a free turn by turn nav for the iphone itself w/out purchasing the verizon navigation?
    Nope. The google maps app that comes stock with the phone does not offer turn by turn nav.
    02-08-11 08:26 AM
    actually, mapquest has an app that will give you free turn by turn navigation. Check it out. The reviews of the app are pretty decent and you can't beat the price. It's free.
    02-08-11 08:59 AM
    look it up on iTunes.
    take note that not all iPhone apps will work because it is slightly different on the VZW iPhone,.
    Really? Which apps, this I have to read.
    02-08-11 10:14 PM
    I hadn't heard this either.. and try skobbler for a free gps turn by turn navigation.. it's pretty solid
    02-09-11 12:45 AM
    Navfree works good for me but I'm in the uk. Not sure if it's available anywhere else

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 01:21 AM
    Really? Which apps, this I have to read.
    I think some carrier branded apps won't work. Like at&t's gps navigation app won't work on verizon's iPhone. Makes sense though...
    02-09-11 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD