All these apps and cases are nice, but man, RIM is starting to lose their biggest fan. ME! Think about their offerings as of late. Curve 3G with no flash or image stabilization. AT&T no longer carries any Bold model here in north Texas. The T-Mobile 9780 was just another 9700. This is getting very boring. CrackBerry.com use to be exciting. RIM is not giving you all anything to work with.

The PlayBook???? Release THE FU%^&ING tablet before the Motorola XOOM releases. PLEASE or else. I can't sit around and wait any longer. I have had a BB since RIM started making BlackBerry cell phones. But RIM is becoming so outdated its pi$$ing me off.

Then we get these sneek peaks of these new phones. I am hearing late this year or next year!?!?!?! are you serious? Everyone will have a Droid or iPhone by then. Even people who can't live without a keyboard may jump ship.

I work for a large corp and they are starting to test iPhones!!! Ahhhh!
    02-07-11 09:50 PM
    Agree with OP. I am a veteran BB addict but their offerings are driving me nuts these days.

The RIM products are becoming obsolete and difficult to use:

Which other phone user pulls out their battery every day?

Which other phone user needs a PhD in Electronic Engineering to re-install the software and the apps they bought?

Why oh why are the hardware specs so low? Even the Playbook is being released as a wifi only model (ala Archos for 1/3 of the price).

It reminds me of Windows XP and constant updates... Thats why I changed to Mac. Perhaps its time to ditch BB and change to Mac again.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-08-11 01:45 AM
    Hey RIM Product Marketing, ARE YOU LISTENING??

Wanchaiman said it best below "...Which other phone user needs a PhD in Electronic Engineering to re-install the software and the apps they bought?..."

The security and reliability BB device's offer is superior for both corporate and personal users' needs, however BB OS and Desktop software is so poorly written and the install experience is so painful, buggy and time consuming that corporate users like myself are now to the point of giving serious consideration to having our businesses move away from all BB devices.

For starters, Desktop Manager needs to be re-written from the ground up and released in the next six months, not a year! Build it with the user's experience as the priority, not the RIM software developer's lowest common denominator ability as the priority. And don't skimp on how it handles third party application installs, updates and removes.

The BB OS should be written to support multiple Exchange Accounts on one BB device simulateously and natively. Many corporate users have accounts on more than one Exchange Account and being limited to one Exchange Account per BB device does not meet our business requirements.

The number of wasted man hours spent on work arounds and research to address what turn out to be poorly written code by RIM's software development teams has reached the point of being materially signficant.

Build into your software the ability to handle install errors in a manner that ASSISTS the user with finding and fixing the problem. Today your software simply dumps the user out of the routine and produces an obscure error code, this is an UNACCEPTABLE standard!!

Spend some time reading user's post here and on the RIM forums and you will quickly get a feel for the pain your software is causing users... and now driving both personal and business customers away from purchasing RIM hardware.
    02-12-11 06:03 AM
    RIM should be releasing 5 new BlackBerry devices in 2011. We should see the Monaco, Montana/Dakota, Malibu, Torch 2, and Sedona/Apollo hitting store shelves in the next few months. I had a lg optimus 1 for one week and i fuggin hate it. texting was brutal. the search feature on the android OS does not help when you are searching for music songs. you have to basically type in the whole damn song name and artist and album . i had a 9780 and i got rid of it. that was the dumbest decision i have ever made.
    Those are rumoured to release end of 2011-early 2012... so we could still be potentially waiting another year for those...
    02-12-11 09:58 AM

Today was the last straw with RIM. Several of our corporate BB Devices suddenly stopped working properly after synching with Desktop Manager. These devices were working fine last week, RIM must have pushed out another one of its buggy updates to the devices or Desktop Manager, either way we now have the "Address Book Not Installed" error on several Desktop Managers and the BB devices do not operate properly now.

We just cannot deal with the man hours and productivity lost to the trial and error process of working around RIM's incompentent software engineers. So RIM who invented the corporate PDA, which we were one of the first users over 10 years ago, is now the company that can't shoot straight, just pitful - RIM = LOSERS!

Ok, so I need suggestions on which non-Blackberry devices work best in a corporate Exchange enviroment to replace all of our BB devices. We currently use BB devices, Exchange and BES.
    03-26-11 02:47 PM

Today was the last straw with RIM. Several of our corporate BB Devices suddenly stopped working properly after synching with Desktop Manager. These devices were working fine last week, RIM must have pushed out another one of its buggy updates to the devices or Desktop Manager, either way we now have the "Address Book Not Installed" error on several Desktop Managers and the BB devices do not operate properly now.

We just cannot deal with the man hours and productivity lost to the trial and error process of working around RIM's incompentent software engineers. So RIM who invented the corporate PDA, which we were one of the first users over 10 years ago, is now the company that can't shoot straight, just pitful - RIM = LOSERS!

Ok, so I need suggestions on which non-Blackberry devices work best in a corporate Exchange enviroment to replace all of our BB devices. We currently use BB devices, Exchange and BES.

Lovely copy and paste from one thread to another.

I would stick to one thread you started and seek a resolution there.
    03-26-11 04:55 PM
    I am very comfortable with RIM's offerings. I like my 9330 and all of the other BlackBerry smartphones I have owned. BlackBerry phones aren't for everyone. They aren't multimedia centric devices. They don't have the amazing specs that some of the other devices with other platforms have. But they have stayed true to what they do best and that's what I care about. It is the reason why I keep coming back to them. They are all about the messaging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 05:48 PM
    I am very comfortable with RIM's offerings. I like my 9330 and all of the other BlackBerry smartphones I have owned. BlackBerry phones aren't for everyone. They aren't multimedia centric devices. They don't have the amazing specs that some of the other devices with other platforms have. But they have stayed true to what they do best and that's what I care about. It is the reason why I keep coming back to them. They are all about the messaging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agree with Dwaynewilliams BB is all about messaging. I am happy with the way BB manages my mailbox (glad that I dont have multiple exchange account).
    03-29-11 08:02 PM
    Windows Mobile/Windows Phone. No one else offers any sort of central management system, and MS is going to add management for WP7 into SCCM. Having said that, what's with the rant?
    03-30-11 10:25 AM
    That will be great news if RIM will release new version of BB. Because the market now is almost defeated by android application.

Blackberry News
    03-30-11 12:23 PM
    why do people insist on saying "low specs" Blackberries are made for BB OS which is a java based environment (a low resource OS), this is completely different from iOS which in turn is completely different from android. the specs in the phones are made for the OS's that run on them, wasted processing power is wasted battery power.... linux ubuntu 11.04 can run on something with 512mb RAM try doing that with a windows 7... different operating systems different use of resources.

is it really that hard to press update and sit patiently? are you kidding me?!?! its only if you want to start playing around with leaked and beta releases which are for ADVANCED users, hence required a little more thought. if you are moaning because you have you have to take the lastest update off crackberry and use apploader etc then blame your carrier they are the ones that control the official rollout of system updates.

Just my two cents, go try other phones, i did, each one has their advantages..
    - BB's may have "low specs" for when you go down the pub and brag how fast your car is, but i dont have to charge my bold up at lunchtime like i did with my HTC desire.
    - BB's may be overcomplicated, my 3G was lovely and simple but then i could change between sound profiles? only one choice of vibrate or loud.

its all about striking a balance, try developing some applications or writing firmware then complain about it. If you dont like it, switch, its not that hard.
    ring o fire likes this.
    03-31-11 06:57 PM
    why do people insist on saying "low specs" Blackberries are made for BB OS which is a java based environment (a low resource OS), this is completely different from iOS which in turn is completely different from android. the specs in the phones are made for the OS's that run on them, wasted processing power is wasted battery power.... linux ubuntu 11.04 can run on something with 512mb RAM try doing that with a windows 7... different operating systems different use of resources.

is it really that hard to press update and sit patiently? are you kidding me?!?! its only if you want to start playing around with leaked and beta releases which are for ADVANCED users, hence required a little more thought. if you are moaning because you have you have to take the lastest update off crackberry and use apploader etc then blame your carrier they are the ones that control the official rollout of system updates.

Just my two cents, go try other phones, i did, each one has their advantages..
    - BB's may have "low specs" for when you go down the pub and brag how fast your car is, but i dont have to charge my bold up at lunchtime like i did with my HTC desire.
    - BB's may be overcomplicated, my 3G was lovely and simple but then i could change between sound profiles? only one choice of vibrate or loud.

its all about striking a balance, try developing some applications or writing firmware then complain about it. If you dont like it, switch, its not that hard.
    I have to agree with this gentleman and the OP. Though I love Blackberry I do slightly feel as the Blackberry user is falling behind the times each time they purchase a new Blackberry. I am satisfied with my Curve 3G but at times I do wish I could play Words With Friends or some other sweet game. But at the same time when I had an Android powered phone my battery was constantly on the charger because I was emailing and texting so much.
    03-31-11 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD