I am getting pin request every second, yesterday I had 1100 requests, I deleted them all, but now I have 228 requests . How do I stop it? I enable my Firewall on my Torch and block pin msgs that didn't help!! Any suggestions folks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 10:07 AM
    Wow who did you **** off. Sounds like some one posted your pin # somewhere. I agree with kelly, delete bbm. Your pin# is assigned to your BB so unless you change phones I dont think you can stop it. Good luck.
    02-07-11 10:45 AM
    By going into Security>Firewall>Enable, check PIN should block all PIN msgs. This however does not block BBM. Do you know who may be doing it and are they coming from the same PIN?
    02-07-11 11:02 AM
    accept 1 person and ask where they got your pin and take it from there.
    02-07-11 11:03 AM
    I'm with kelly. BBM is just a total pita for me.

Delete it.
    02-07-11 11:06 AM
    The Torch doesn't give me the option of deleting BBM

02-07-11 11:56 AM
    Firewall didn't stop it, pin are coming all over the world, special Asia and I asked 1 dude .. Where did he get my pin and he doesn't have a clue. Why Rim have a firewall that does nothing!!
    By going into Security>Firewall>Enable, check PIN should block all PIN msgs. This however does not block BBM. Do you know who may be doing it and are they coming from the same PIN?
    02-07-11 12:06 PM
    ok it seems you're not addressing the Root of the problem.
    go back to your BBM friends.. the culprit is one of them..
    think of the last person you had a heated argument.. or maybe someone you flirted..
    it's that person who probably posted your PIN.. with a picture of Sofia Vergara... or Brad Cooper look alikes.. that's why you're getting the request by the thousands.
    ask them to please remove that posting..
    OR you can just boradcast the message... and hope that the culprit have a change of heart and de-activate that account..
    LASTLY... were you nice during your last CS service encounter that involved you having issues with your BB? because that is also a possibility.
    02-07-11 02:56 PM
    I did “security wipe", re-install BBM but not currently log in....i still occasional get pin request. How is that possible?
    02-07-11 05:23 PM
    I did �security wipe", re-install BBM but not currently log in....i still occasional get pin request. How is that possible?
    think of your PIN as your Physical Address..
    even if you tear the whole house down.. or do some major renovation.. USPS. UPS, FedEx will still deliver all your mail.
    02-07-11 05:57 PM
    You could always use it to your advantage. Accept them all. You don't have to talk to them. Then contact an advertiser and tell them you have 10,000 contacts. Spam the heck out of them and make a few bucks.

02-07-11 08:47 PM
    Google you PIN and see if it comes up anywhere. If you find it somewhere, try to contact the site owner/moderator to get it removed.
    02-07-11 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD