Hey, I'm a fellow user like you and just want to make sure you're aware of a few things.

As you know there is no dedicated forum for the application and because of this we cannot directly connect with other users much less know certain guidelines unless you were punished for doing something or saw someone get punished.

That said, let's go through some of the unknown basics.

YOU WILL BE REPRIMANDED FOR THE FOLLOWING IF DISCOVERED BY ADMINS

1. Trading accounts: I thought this was okay but recently saw a few users getting the accounts they traded banned.

Trading of accounts is basically giving someone an account. Not an invite. If you get one sent to your email, feel free to hand it to whoever you want. The second the account has been activated, trading it is against the rules.

2. Selling accounts: Yeah, you probably don't want to display that you did this at all. It is free access to the BETA, not paid access. You have no right to sell it. I've seen a user banned for this once.

Okay, now that those two are covered it's time for the disclaimer.

First of all I am unaware if there are any real techniques put in to discover if such a thing is done automatically. The only time I've ever seen anyone reprimanded is if they made it damn obvious and an Admin stumbled across it.
    I know some people sell these things for charitable reasons and advertise. I do suggest you contact the admins before you do so.

How did I discover this and how you can be apart of the community.

Now, first of all Socialscope is mainly used for twitter. If you use twitter a lot you know about tags etc. If you have SocialScope you know you can make search tabs(BEST FEATURE EVER). I'm not sure how many other users do this but I have a search tab searching for "SocialScope". It's great looking for other users and see what's happening when something does happen. For example, the second SocialScope got updated to .171 I knew shortly after.

Tweetdeck also has this search tab feature. With such a great feature you know people are going to take advantage of it to get invites. You send someone and invite, someone notices you did. They after if you could kindly give them one. You kindly respond yes or no, they thank you either way and the conversation ends there.

It's not hard at all, people have asked me and I have given 2 invites out, the rest I reserved. Now, through my search tab I have stumbled upon a few users are just plain assholes. You are free to be selfish but be kind in doing so. You may have socialscope but your poo stinks like everyone else's. Don't expect everyone to kiss up to you for an invite. They don't know you, and they definitely don't plan to. They were nice, you be nice and give or refuse, don't act like you're the best thing since slice bread. This is an application tons of people want. So don't be surprised if people use the strangest tactics to get one. Actually you should applaud them for it.

Just a little announcement.
    02-06-11 03:07 PM
    02-06-11 03:17 PM
    Good info! Do you have any extra SS invites? PM me plz!
    02-06-11 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD