To open/view an SMS I have to do this: messages > menu > view folder > SMS inbox > select message ! Is there any way to get the SMS inbox as one of the buttons on the home screen so I can view with one click?
    02-05-11 12:41 PM
    Go to your messags >menu>options>inbox settings and checkmark sms
    02-05-11 12:47 PM
    You would have to go to Options within our Messages folder and remove SMS as an option to show within the Messages folder.
    02-05-11 12:50 PM
    On the main screen, bring up the Menu and select Show All. You should see some icons on the homescreen that are lighter than the rest. If you see the SMS inbox, highlight it, bring up the menu and select Unhide. Then go back to the menu on the main screen and select Show All again to hide the other hidden ones.
    02-05-11 02:08 PM
    I'm using OS 4.6. I would like to get 5.0 but I don't know how. I have downloaded it to my desktop and then transfered it to my Blackberry, but which folder do I transfer it to and how do I make it work?
    02-05-11 04:34 PM
    You don't need to transfer it to your BlackBerry like that.

1. Run the installer on your computer.

2. Go into My Computer > C: > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > AppLoader and launch the "Loader" file*.

*(If you downloaded a version that isn't from your carrier, delete the "Vendor" file.)

3. Plug in your BlackBerry and follow what the Application Loader says.

Enjoy.
    02-05-11 08:23 PM
    Thanks, but I don't know what step 1 means (what is the installer?) and in step 2 I can't find "common files"...
    02-06-11 07:35 AM
    EDIT: I found common files, but I can't find research in motion! Help! And what does step 1 mean again?
    02-06-11 07:40 AM
    EDIT: I found common files, but I can't find research in motion! Help! And what does step 1 mean again?
    Do you have the Blackberry Desktop Software installed?

Step 1 is the 5.0 software installer, you need the Blackberry Desktop Software installed, then the 5.0 software. If you downloaded a version different than from your provider you will also have to delete a file called vendor.xml.
    02-06-11 09:06 AM
    curve13, now that you have two separate threads discussing the same issue, some of this is repeated.

You need to INSTALL the device OS on your COMPUTER by RUNNING the EXE file that you downloaded.
    02-06-11 09:34 AM
    By the way, anybody know how I set my ALARM ringtone? (I didn't want to start ANOTHER discussion just for that.)
    02-07-11 09:01 AM
    Clock > menu button > Options > Alarm Tune
    02-07-11 11:15 AM
    By the way, anybody know how I set my ALARM ringtone? (I didn't want to start ANOTHER discussion just for that.)
    Try to search the answers for your queries in search option. You will
    Find most of the solutions in the forums. I normally do it first. If it is not there then you can post a thread. There are very good friends around here who always help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD