Hello! My father recently bought me a Blackberry Curve 8520 for my birthday. As any typical teenager, I text a lot, and I like to use facebook. My family uses T-mobile. I have unlimited text, but I only have 200MB for internet. I really dislike using the web browser on my phone to go on facebook. If I downloaded the Blackberry Facebook app would it go overboard on my 200MB? I rarely go on the web when I'm not at home. I use wifi when I'm at home, so hopefully I didn't waste any of my data usage. Is it a good idea for me to download the Facebook app? Thanks!
    02-03-11 05:37 PM
    Welcome to the forums Sora.

The Facebook app will require a BIS plan to work, not a generic data plan. Check with your provider (and your father!) about getting you the BlackBerry Social plan (which allows dor BBM, IMing, Twitter and Social Networks).
    02-03-11 07:14 PM
    He can't download the app on the computer and load it via DM? Or he would still pay tto use it tho?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 07:26 PM
    Really? I'm still able to BBM, and IM though. I'm just scared once I download the Facebook App, than I might go pass the limit of my data plan.
    02-03-11 07:28 PM
    Nah it should be fine. The Facebook app is less than 5MB. The chances of you going over are very, very slim unless you want to keep scrolling through photos. I don't know where you are etc but can you not access 0.facebook.com??
    02-03-11 07:32 PM
    There is a free app from eOffice Mobile for data monitoring. Works well. Lots of settings to warn you about overusage in advance. e-office mobile - Mobile Data Alerter

02-03-11 07:40 PM
    Really? I'm still able to BBM, and IM though. I'm just scared once I download the Facebook App, than I might go pass the limit of my data plan.
    Sounds like you already have some sort of BIS.

Go ahead and download the app, I really don't think all the notifications are going to be enough data traffic to make you worry.
    SoraWatson likes this.
    02-03-11 07:44 PM
    Thanks! Do you know anyway for me to check my data usage for T-mobile instead of calling customer service. I tried going to the T-mobile website, but it didn't show.
    02-03-11 07:57 PM
    You should be fine with the usage you're talking about. I have a 200 MB plan and my highest month was about 90 with pretty heavy usage (FB, twitter, email, txt/BBM). I am on wifi at home though, so that helps. As long as you aren't streaming media a ton you would be hard pressed to go over.

02-04-11 08:05 AM
    There is a free app from eOffice Mobile for data monitoring. Works well. Lots of settings to warn you about overusage in advance. e-office mobile - Mobile Data Alerter
    Well, the answer was already here...

Also check S4BB Limited � Network Traffic Control from S4BB.
    02-04-11 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD