This isn't the first time I've dabbled in other OSes. I figured I'd get bored with the Samsung Focus and Windows Phone 7 in short order. I've used everything else and always go back to BlackBerry. I've been using BB since May 2006 and it's rarely let me down.

I decided last night I had to switch back to my Torch after using the Focus since Dec. 23. Why?

I missed my BlackBerry apps. Yes, I know, it's funny but despite the fact that BB app offerings are not as robust as iPhone (which is fine, I have an iPod Touch now) or Android (also fine, I found the OS unpleasant to use) it does have apps that I love such as SocialScope. What is most amusing to me is how MS touts its social networking integration but my BB does it better, at least for my needs.
    I also was annoyed I couldn't upload directly to YouTube from my Focus. I couldn't figure out a way to upload it from the Zune application on my laptop, either.
    And, though there were a couple things it did nicely with e-mail that my BB does not do, my Torch still handles that better than the Focus.
    I will probably make some changes as to how I use the Torch. But, I feel good being back on BB and not being an OS guinea pig, though it was fun. Heh.
    Missed CrackBerry so I'm glad to be back. I need to go catch up on everything I missed in the past month and change.
    Thanks for reading.
    02-03-11 12:03 PM
    Welcome back!
    02-03-11 12:05 PM
    welcome back!
    02-03-11 12:06 PM
    welcome back !
    02-03-11 12:10 PM
    Ditto the others!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 12:49 PM
    You know they (whoerver "they" may be) that once a cheater, always a cheater. Personally I believe "they" are wrong and people do change. The key will be what are you going to do when some racy, sexy, new phone with the Android or iOS comes out. Will you stay faithful or will your eyes and then wallet wander? ;-)

02-03-11 12:57 PM
    Welcome back

02-03-11 01:10 PM
    Maybe it wasn't so much cheating as......trying new things?
    New things with their flashy allure, bright colours and different shapes and sizes.....but they pale in comparison to what you have had?
    You always find yourself looking back. "How did I go wrong,", "What was I thinking"......
    Welcome back.
    No grudges here in this forum.
    02-03-11 01:45 PM
    Welcome back

02-03-11 01:54 PM
    You know they (whoerver "they" may be) that once a cheater, always a cheater. Personally I believe "they" are wrong and people do change. The key will be what are you going to do when some racy, sexy, new phone with the Android or iOS comes out. Will you stay faithful or will your eyes and then wallet wander? ;-)

I am a cheater. A horrible, horrible cheater. I used to be worse. I only used four different phones last year (9700, Pre Plus, Torch, Focus) compared to my average of 13 phones a couple of years ago.

Been there done that with Android and iOS. I won't deny that the Atrix looks appealing (played with one at CES) but... I just don't like Android.
    I will always have a wandering eye but I always go back to BlackBerry.
    What can I say? I'm a CrackBerry addict!

And thank you for all the kind welcome backs everyone.
    02-03-11 03:35 PM
    I like to toy around with the other phones but I don't stray. BB has my interest for the next couple yrs anyway.

02-03-11 05:15 PM
    This isn't the first time I've dabbled in other OSes. I figured I'd get bored with the Samsung Focus and Windows Phone 7 in short order.
    Where are the Windows Phone 7 fanboys? Is it still too early in the game?
    I was impressed with it when I gave it the once over. Anyone? Anyone?
    02-03-11 05:30 PM
    This isn't the first time I've dabbled in other OSes.
    As long as your BB knows it's an open marriage, it's not really cheating.
    02-03-11 06:00 PM
    I'm CURRENTLY cheating on my torch =X with the focus. I am so intrigued by microsoft actually making an OS that's very interesting and functional! (for the average user, as I am) I even caught my apple loving friend fiddling with my phone. However, I miss BBM like crazy. There are no words to describe how awful I feel when i have to email my boyfriend (he has limited msging) when I used to just be able to bbm! I got the focus under the assumption that I'd get bored or irritated of it and return to my first love. With that said, I've been plesantly surprised by how much I enjoy the OS. We shall see what happens!
    02-03-11 06:08 PM
    Where are the Windows Phone 7 fanboys? Is it still too early in the game?
    I was impressed with it when I gave it the once over. Anyone? Anyone?
    I *loved* the Focus. I think in a year or two I could go WP7 full time once it has a fuller slate of apps and the social networking stuff I use works better. And when I can customize my ringtones as well as upload videos directly to YouTube. I know those are minor things to some but I found them to be hugely annoying after a while. But I knew this going in as an early adopter. It happens.

branflakes, I think my Berry knows it's an open marriage. I never stray for long. Usually it's just over the weekend but this was for more than a month straight.

Grabbed a new theme earlier this afternoon and it is so nice to have the level of customization.

The biggest thing I'll miss from the Focus is the big, gorgeous screen. Ah, well. I'll manage.
    02-03-11 08:33 PM
    I think this is an interesting thread, nice change of pace from "I'm dumping my pile of junk and never coming back". I just went back to my Bold 9700 (OS5) for a week and it still has a good hold on me. I'm trying to decide which one of my Blackberrys is going to be my primary phone once the Playbook arrives. I'm thinking my browsing days on the Torch will be greatly reduced after that and I may be more inclined to stay with good old reliable. I have to say that the Windows phone 7 OS just might be the one that could get me to "cheat" at some point.
    02-03-11 09:15 PM
    Glad I'm doing something different.

I had a 9700 before I got the Torch and really liked it but I just loved the idea of the Torch and I've been happy with it. I'm loading up the latest leaked beta OS on it now.

I got an extensive hands on with the Playbook at CES and I think now that I'm back to BB it will be something to look at again. It is a gorgeous device with a lovely OS. I can't want to see QNX on BB phones.
    02-03-11 09:26 PM
    Glad I'm doing something different.

I had a 9700 before I got the Torch and really liked it but I just loved the idea of the Torch and I've been happy with it. I'm loading up the latest leaked beta OS on it now.

I got an extensive hands on with the Playbook at CES and I think now that I'm back to BB it will be something to look at again. It is a gorgeous device with a lovely OS. I can't want to see QNX on BB phones.
    I haven't experimented with OS leaks at all. I hope it works out for ya. I would have liked to have been at the CES this year, I'll bet that was a treat to get some hands on time with that new baby. Now that you mention QNX berries, WMP7, move over, there's going to be a new girl waiting in the wings. How'd I forget about that??
    02-03-11 10:21 PM
    I haven't experimented with OS leaks at all. I hope it works out for ya. I would have liked to have been at the CES this year, I'll bet that was a treat to get some hands on time with that new baby. Now that you mention QNX berries, WMP7, move over, there's going to be a new girl waiting in the wings. How'd I forget about that??
    I've been tinkering with the OS leaks for quite some time now. It can be fun and insane. Heh.
    CES was great and I thought the Playbook looked pretty cool. My excitement was tempered by its needing to be paired with a BB to get PIM functionality.
    And yes, it will be hard to look at anything else if they put QNX on future RIM smartphones.
    02-04-11 01:57 AM
    Been using my iPhone about a week now (mainly because I just got an iPad (and now there's a new one coming.. haha)), and going back to my BB 9800 this weekend.

I'm the kind of user that is never satisifed with a phone. So far my BB 9800 is what works best for me.
    02-04-11 02:38 AM
    I went to a 3GS once but came back to my 9000. I'm going to give the iP5 a try, but will keep my BBerries as my primary device(s). Played around with Android enough to know I really hated the experience of it. Didn't like Palm. Pretty happy with WM.
    For me, BB first, iOS second. Android, nah.

02-04-11 03:09 AM
    I think this is an interesting thread, nice change of pace from "I'm dumping my pile of junk and never coming back".
    Agreed! Always nice to just see people having idle banter regarding their preferences.

Personally I've been hooked on BB ever since my Pearl and have never strayed to any other OS.

I'm not really interested in the windows phone, from what I've seen while playing in the store it seems too dumbed down.

Android. Eh. Seems like most if not all, correct me if I'm wrong, devices are all touch which I couldn't do with. Love the full physical keyboard on my 9000. Couldn't make the jump to the 9800 even after playing with it in the store.

Couldn't do an iPhone with the all touch.

So here I wait patiently for the Dakota

Op, welcome back btw

02-04-11 03:45 AM
    Have had a Captivate for about a week, and as nice as it looks its just not that pleasant to use... Navingating around is much clunkier and awkward. You have to install 20 different apps to fill in the missing OS functionality.

BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-04-11 04:46 AM
    Welcome back to blackberry!

02-04-11 07:05 AM
    Couple of my inlaws and one cousin have Captivates and when I used them they drove me nuts. Never...no little robot for me...the messaging experience doesn't even come close to BB.
    02-04-11 07:06 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD