Today I was using the browser on my BB (9700 6.0.0.448) and suddenly my device restarted. Hours later I noticed that everytime I tried to make/receive a call, the audio was all choppy. When I saw the screen during a call. I saw the volume indicator and the Headphones on the left side blinking, the volume was going back and forth.

It showed headphones on the left, but I wasn't using headphones, so its very strange. When I tried to play a file using the media player. Same thing, going from speaker to phone (blinking) and the volume bar going back and forth. No sound.

What could be causing this? Is it a software problem or hardware?

Thanks in advance
    02-02-11 04:26 PM
    Today I was using the browser on my BB (9700 6.0.0.448) and suddenly my device restarted. Hours later I noticed that everytime I tried to make/receive a call, the audio was all choppy. When I saw the screen during a call. I saw the volume indicator and the Headphones on the left side blinking, the volume was going back and forth.

It showed headphones on the left, but I wasn't using headphones, so its very strange. When I tried to play a file using the media player. Same thing, going from speaker to phone (blinking) and the volume bar going back and forth. No sound.

What could be causing this? Is it a software problem or hardware?

Thanks in advance
    I have had this very same problem with by Bold 9700 a year ago when i got it while it was still on OS 5. I remember that a friend of mine told me to update the software to a newer version of OS 5, so he updated my software (since i was a noob in BB World back then ) and the problem was gone. But now, since you have the latest OS 6 Leak installed on you Bold 9700 i suggest you to downgrade to 6.0.0.424. I think that this new leak (.448) has some bugs. I also just finished downgrading to .424 a couple of minutes ago, since i had a lot of problems with the .448 leak.
    02-02-11 04:45 PM
    Downgraded to .380 and keep getting the same error.

I just wiped my device and I'm gonna install 448 again. Will report.

Please help D:
    02-02-11 04:58 PM
    It didn't worked.
    02-02-11 05:34 PM
    I had the very same thing happen to me once. It turned out that I was a little rough when I unplugged the headset previously, and some little contact inside the headphone jack indicated off and on that a headset was plugged in- hence the choppy audio.

Solved it by plugging in the headset, and twisting it inside the jack and then gently unplugged it. Never happened again ever since.
    02-02-11 05:47 PM
    This is likely a hardware problem. If nothing fixes it including trying the above advice, take it in for a warranty exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 07:08 PM
    Word. Had the same problem occur on my 9700 about a month ago. Plugged in my headphones, wiggled it around and it solved the issue.
    02-02-11 11:42 PM
    I had the very same thing happen to me once. It turned out that I was a little rough when I unplugged the headset previously, and some little contact inside the headphone jack indicated off and on that a headset was plugged in- hence the choppy audio.

Solved it by plugging in the headset, and twisting it inside the jack and then gently unplugged it. Never happened again ever since.
    This worked out nicely. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD