I am currently useing Wheather Bug for my weather app but it is always telling me it can not connect. I would like some of you to submit which wheather apps you use and why and possibly post a screen shot of it so I can decide which one may be best for me. Thanks
    02-01-11 11:01 AM
    I use BerryWeather, It's customizable with weather advisories, radar maps, homescreen wallpaper, temp notification and a number of forecast views. Just an all around good weather app IMO.
    Last edited by princebb; 02-01-11 at 11:16 AM.
    02-01-11 11:13 AM
    I use BerryWeather. There are several screen shots on the store page, here: BerryWeather - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

BerryWeather takes their weather data from a variety of sources, some more reliable than others. Current conditions are occasional wildly incorrect. That hasn't happened in a while and it's easy to recognize. When it's 80 and Sunny and the current conditions says overcast and rain, you know...
    02-01-11 11:22 AM
    I have the same as prince, BerryWeather, but its the free version. There are still some customizations with it but not as many as you get with the paid version. I have it set on my homescreen to update every hour. I think it works fine!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 11:24 AM
    I have the same as prince, BerryWeather, but its the free version. There are still some customizations with it but not as many as you get with the paid version. I have it set on my homescreen to update every hour. I think it works fine!

is this the same as BeWeather?
    02-01-11 12:30 PM
    Yes, people call it BeWeather for short

02-01-11 12:36 PM
    Am I missing something by not seeing why everyone has / loves weather apps? I have the weather channel bookmarked on my browser and only find myself going to it once a week at most. I am curious if I am missing why every needs to have the weather forecast right there updated all the time. I am not trying to bust anyone's chops, just trying to learn and see if maybe I am missing something.
    02-01-11 12:52 PM
    I use Berry Weather as well. I have tried weather channel, weatherbug and others. BerryWeather has by far been my favorite.
    02-01-11 12:54 PM
    Am I missing something by not seeing why everyone has / loves weather apps? I have the weather channel bookmarked on my browser and only find myself going to it once a week at most. I am curious if I am missing why every needs to have the weather forecast right there updated all the time. I am not trying to bust anyone's chops, just trying to learn and see if maybe I am missing something.
    I wouldnt really say you are missing anything. You sound like you really dont have a need for it, thats all. I think for me, if I were even going to weather channel on my browser once a week as you are it would be worth it to have an app such as berryweather just to avoid using a slow browser to pull in a weather update.
    02-01-11 12:57 PM
    Its nice to have, that's all, so you are always aware
    02-01-11 01:03 PM
    BeWeather is the free version of BerryWeather.
    02-01-11 01:04 PM
    I have been using the free version of Weather Bug (currently 2.0.0.64) since I got my Bold. It continues to work well on OS6. It does not have the slick graphics of BeWeather but has more functionality. You can add more locations and you get more detailed weather information. Weather Bug also works in the slot that BerryGoodThemes provides for it and BeWeather does not.
    02-01-11 01:15 PM
    I also recommend BeWeather. I'm currently using the paid version. It comes in two versions. Free and Paid. Free doesn't have a time limit, just less features.

with the paid version you'll get
    - severe weather alert notifications
    - radar
    - and more... (not going to make a complete list, but you get the picture)
    02-01-11 01:32 PM
    I have 2 kids that play various sports, the radar function is very useful to see exactly where and when the rain is coming or going.
    02-02-11 05:37 AM
    For me being in Kansas it is nice to get weather alerts when sever weather is moving in. Also the fact that u have radar at your fingertips to help keep tract of things as they unfold when not close to radio or tv. Like other apps. it is very convenient if you have the need for it.

02-02-11 07:31 AM
    does "BerryWeather" update to current location like "WeatherBug" I cant seem to get it to find me. It tell me "Location Not Found" I have tried typing in the city, zip code like it asks and even tried surrounding large cities with international airports and still no luck. I have done several battery pulls as well.
    02-02-11 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD