Saw this mentioned in another thread but think it deserves its own.

just upgraded to vs .431 on friday with verizon. Installed the OS5 ringer/alert sounds. Email and BBM alerts are fine but my text alerts only ring about half the time. It will always vibrate and LED will flash, just no sound. Anybody found a fix to this yet? I have not tried using the new pre-installed notifications to compare freqency of the problem.
    01-31-11 08:10 AM
    I too, am curious if anyone has had this issue. For me it happens with BBM. LED flashes, it vibrates in the holster, but the alert tone works intermittently. I've lurked these boards for some time, and now I finally joined and found a user with the same problem!
    01-31-11 06:44 PM
    I too am having this problem. For me it's with my text messages- there's no sound, but there is an LED notification. This is new as of when I upgraded from the Sprint official OS6 to the Verizon official OS6.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 10:02 PM
    Text and BBM are like that for me. Sure wish there was some sort of fix as I hate leaving people hanging mid conversation lol
    02-01-11 05:57 AM
    I am also having the same problem. It happens to me more often with BBM. Hopefully there is a fix soon
    02-01-11 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD