I've read comments of how people think cases are not necessary and etc., so I just want to share a little of experience of mine which only happened to me a few minutes ago.

I was minding my own business and texting on my S2 while standing in the corner of a bus. It wasn't crowded at all. Suddenly someone slammed into my hands and I almost lost my grip on my phone. What was weird was the bus didn't even ****. Anyway, you get my point. Sh*t happens and when it does it's better to have a good protective case on your beloved phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 09:36 PM
    I don't use a case on my 9700. The only reason I don't use a case is because I cannot loose my bb belt holster. After taking the phone in and out of the holster with practice for a few years I almost never drop my phone. The only time I've ever dropped it is pulling it out of my holster while having a coat on.

01-30-11 09:47 PM
    You can get a case/holster combo.
    I have Seidio Innocase case and holster. Sits nicely on the belt and I have protection if the phone drops accidentally.
    Mine fits 9700/9780 but they make cases for other models as well.
    You can buy them here in the Crackberry store...
    Seidio Products - CrackBerry Canada
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 01-30-11 at 10:10 PM.
    01-30-11 10:02 PM
    Seideo also has a cradle that can be used to charge the phone with the Inocase case still on.
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 01-30-11 at 10:10 PM.
    01-30-11 10:05 PM
    If you don't mind something a little bulkier, the Otterbox Defender also comes with a holster.
    Otterbox Cases for Blackberry
    01-30-11 10:13 PM
    Every once in a while I throw on my Incipio feather case, but I just think its so much more aesthetically appealing when bare, that I can't seem to keep it dressed around the clock.

01-30-11 10:14 PM
    I had on an Otterbox Commuter with a Seidio Innocase holster up until a few weeks ago; got my phone snagged at work which destroyed the holster and twisted the top of the case, phone survived without a scratch. Now I have a Case-Mate Hybrid Tough case which I actually like better, and for home I have an Epik Resin case. Had an Otterbox Defender but the holster broke; Otterbox sent me the Commuter at my request, also had a Barely There but popping my phone in and out eventually made the paint crack and then start flaking off. I like the look of myBB but going without a case with my lifestyle is just asking for trouble.
    01-30-11 11:46 PM
    I always have my Bold holstered with a leather side case when I'm not using it. I prefer the look and feel of a naked BB.
    01-31-11 12:00 AM
    Unfortunately, I have an Otterbox Commuter (which I love) sitting in a drawer barely used because I require an extended battery almost everyday. Only time I use it is when I bike with the phone in the handlebar mount, which basically means never this time of year...lol!
    01-31-11 12:10 AM
    I always have my Bold holstered with a leather side case when I'm not using it. I prefer the look and feel of a naked BB.
    I feel the same way. I love the look of my Bold, especially its "leather" backing. I have dropped it a time or two when unholstering, but I accept the consequences of not having it holstered.

I only had a holster before I did my insurance swap. Got a white one which came with a sleeve and it wore out quickly.

01-31-11 12:12 AM
    I love the way my 9650 looks without a case, and I wanna keep that look but the only way I can keep that look is by having a case on it. I learned my lesson when I got my bb pearl and dropped it way to many times!

01-31-11 05:16 AM
    9700/Otterbox Commuter/OEM 9000 holster

After gouging the screen of my first BlackBerry, my 8300, within two weeks of getting it, I realized that protection was warranted. You can say "I never drop (scratch/damage) my BB" all you want. You never drop your BB, until you do.
    01-31-11 06:02 AM
    You have failed to convince me.
    01-31-11 07:33 AM
    Unfortunately, I have an Otterbox Commuter (which I love) sitting in a drawer barely used because I require an extended battery almost everyday. Only time I use it is when I bike with the phone in the handlebar mount, which basically means never this time of year...lol!
    You can get a Seidio Innocase for use with extended battery, and because of the face-in design, you can use the same holster.
    01-31-11 03:42 PM
    I run mine naked. I had a case for my 9630, and it scratched the heck out of it. I would rather scratch the housing myself, and have the phone look decent without the case. I love the look of the 9700, and I will not run a case on it.
    01-31-11 03:48 PM
    I agree , I use a case for my bb, I get them cheap off ebay , they look nice and protect my phone.. A good investment I think .

01-31-11 03:49 PM
    like they say, you can never be too careful. I use my bb naked still.

01-31-11 04:12 PM
    its necessary to have some sort of protection..as we all know.not to mention how much it helps the resale value of your device.
    01-31-11 04:26 PM
    There is a mod you can do to the Commuter that will allow you to fit the 2600 mah extended battery. Look at YouTube and you will find it, it will take you about 5 minutes to do and it works great.
    01-31-11 04:53 PM
    Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knows if a Seidio Innocase Rugged holster would work with a Otterbox Defender case. I like the look/feel of the Defender case, but dislike the Otterbox holster. It's vice versa with Seidio's gear. I like the holster where the spring clips up top, but don't like the case.

I should have joined this forum sooner....lots of great info!

Thanks!
    01-31-11 05:36 PM
    I always use a case for me it's just a must have item. I drop my phone daily and never have problems, also every time I upgrade I always eBay my old one so I like to keep it in perfect condition.

01-31-11 07:10 PM
    Had many BB's and never once ran a case on any of them...and used to drop them like mad...scratch here and there, but I like character, lol!

9700 has a couple scratches that only I would notice and paint coming off one of the keys, but so be it.

I can't stand majority of cases and most IMO look terrible.

01-31-11 08:04 PM
    My issue is I like putting my phone in my pocket, I ditched my otterbox for a barely there case mate and it fits in my pocket now... The front is a bit voulnerable but its better to pocket the phone then have it in a hoodie pocket or in your hands all the time, and I refuse to have a hideous belt holster so for me the case mate is the best option

02-06-11 10:38 PM
    It's very necessary for me because I keep my Curve8900 in my purse which full of my personal stuff, just to prevent more scratches
    02-06-11 10:54 PM
    I can drop my BlackBerry Curve 8520 15 foot and it doesn't even get a scratch (the battery case catch bent slightly, but it easily pulled back and locked back into its normal place). That was WITHOUT a case, just a bare BlackBerry. Sorry, but I don't need cases. The sort of work I do doesn't require it. I may consider a case for my torch though.
    02-07-11 03:24 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD