Okay I have a 8530 that the charging port broke so I went to verizon and they are sending me a new one but I was wondering on how to get my files n such on the new one the lady at verizon said something about back up assistant where do I find that and also will that transfer everything cause I have paid themes n such that I want to keep thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 02:35 AM
    I'm not positive, but I think that when you plug the new phone into your pc, your Desktop Software will give you some options as to what you would like to do. Transferring your files to the new phone should be an option.
    01-30-11 05:50 AM
    Use the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    01-30-11 06:47 AM
    I do see a problem here, OP states charging port broken, hence the new phone. How would OP connect USB if broken.
    01-30-11 08:19 AM
    Ah. Missed that. Sorry about that.

Well, you can try Backup Assistant for your Contacts. Or Google Sync for your Contacts and Calendar. And then manually reinstall the apps from the original source.

You can also do a Backup in BlackBerry Desktop Manager via Bluetooth and then use the Restore function to restore the data.
    01-30-11 08:46 AM
    i have all my stuff saved on my sd card but how do i get to back up assistant
    01-30-11 06:03 PM
    Your messages, applications, and such are not stored on the Media Card. You need to back those up if you want them on your new device.

Go to http://start.vzw.com/ in your BlackBerry Browser to find Backup Assistant if it's not already on your device.
    01-30-11 06:39 PM
    Backup assistant is an application on the phone already, though you do have to click on it for it to install. When installed you will backup your contents over the air and then log in to restore them on to your new phone. Verizon rep could have done that for you in the store....NOTE it only backs up your contacts! Even if charging port doesn't work, sometimes the usb plug will still send data so try installing Blackberry Desktop Manager to your computer, plug in the old phone and back up. If it works then your problem is solved as when you plug in the new phone, BDM will recognize it and prompt you to restore from your backup.

i have all my stuff saved on my sd card but how do i get to back up assistant
    02-01-11 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD