I know there are many programs out there that will allow for video calling on other phones like: Skype on iPhones, Fring, TringMe, Tango, etc... Some of them even say they work on Blackberry's but I can't find any additional information and how to download. Obviously this phone only has a rear facing camera which limits some usability but with all the programs out there I was hoping one would actually use the camera.

I am not sure if this makes a difference either but I am on Verizon and I don't care if this program only works on 3G, WiFi, or both.
    01-29-11 08:25 AM
    Skype works just fine but not on wifi. You cant find any info?? Its all over the place

Skype Mobile Phone | Skype Cell Phone | Skype Calling

Skype mobile�„� for BlackBerry® smartphones

here is the app:

http://bit.ly/94mh2k
    http://bit.ly/9hn4nt
    01-29-11 10:16 AM
    Skype works just fine but not on wifi. You cant find any info?? Its all over the place

Skype Mobile Phone | Skype Cell Phone | Skype Calling

Skype mobile�„� for BlackBerry® smartphones

here is the app:

http://bit.ly/94mh2k
    http://bit.ly/9hn4nt
    My question was around VIDEO CALLS...

Where do you see how to do VIDEO CALLS using Skype on the Storm 2? I know Skype video works on iPhones and certain Droid's but never seen anyone get this working on a Storm 2.

I know Skype itself can work on Verizon Phones and I already have that loaded. However, it will only take calls WITHOUT video (unless there is another version to load then the one for Verizon specifically).
    01-29-11 11:02 AM
    no front camera and 3g for video calling = fail
    01-29-11 11:23 AM
    I know there are many programs out there that will allow for video calling on other phones like: Skype on iPhones, Fring, TringMe, Tango, etc... .
    You own a storm. Have you noticed a front facing camera on it??
    01-29-11 12:02 PM
    Obviously I am getting the wrong individuals answering this question. Apparently you have not done much reading to know there are MANY phones out that can do VIDEO CALLING that ONLY have Rear-Facing Camera. One example of this would be the previous version of the iPhone. That iPhone only has a rear-facing camera AND can do video calling over Skype. There is also a Samsung Phone which can do Video Calls over Tango and 2-3 Droids that ONLY have a rear-facing camera which can do Video Calls over Tango and Fring.

So, your statements above around "no front camera and 3g for video calling = fail" are not correct.
    01-29-11 12:25 PM
    Obviously I am getting the wrong individuals answering this question. Apparently you have not done much reading to know there are MANY phones out that can do VIDEO CALLING that ONLY have Rear-Facing Camera. One example of this would be the previous version of the iPhone. That iPhone only has a rear-facing camera AND can do video calling over Skype. There is also a Samsung Phone which can do Video Calls over Tango and 2-3 Droids that ONLY have a rear-facing camera which can do Video Calls over Tango and Fring.

So, your statements above around "no front camera and 3g for video calling = fail" are not correct.
    Apparently you have not done much reading or you would know that it is NOT possible on the storm.

no front camera and 3g for video calling = fail (for storm)
    01-29-11 12:32 PM
    Apparently you have not done much reading or you would know that it is NOT possible on the storm.

no front camera and 3g for video calling = fail (for storm)
    FYI...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have available new application for Blackberry. This great application is Fring. Fring app let us to make free voice calls, free video calls or maybe live IM chats directly from your BlackBerry.

Fring can operate as your social networking with the aim to communicate with your friends easily from fring. Or you may use other favourite social services like MSNMessenger, GoogleTalk, Twitter,YAhoo!, AIM, ICQ, all through central profile, using your Blackberry’s internet capability.

Fring app can also operate multiple connection options like 3G, WiFi, GPRS, Edge, directly from one integrated friends list.
    With this application allows you to see your friends’ status and also you can share your status; make yourself available at all the times using push notification.

FEATURES
    - fring calls over WiFi and 3G
    - fring video calls over WiFi and 3G
    - Instant Messaging
    - Integrated dynamic friends list 
with real-time contact availability
    - SIP integration
    - Multiple Connection types
    - Push notification support for fring, MSN Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ, SIP, Twitter, Yahoo! , AIMcommunities

Compatible devices:
    BlackBerry: 7100i, 7130, 7130e, 7250, 7290, 7520, 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, 8220, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8700, 8703e, 8707, 8800, 8820, 8830, Bold 9000, curve 8520, Curve 8900, Storm 2, Storm 9500, Storm 9530, Tour 9630
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I am talking about. There is information about software that says it is supported on the 9550. However, not sure where to download.
    01-29-11 12:48 PM

This is what I am talking about. There is information about software that says it is supported on the 9550. However, not sure where to download.
    That is because it is not available for storm or BB in general YET
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 01-29-11 at 12:59 PM.
    01-29-11 12:54 PM

Obviously you are bound and determined to use a Storm for video calling, despite the fact it's not possible. Were done here.
    01-29-11 03:22 PM
    Op, do what I did and get rid of the storm, or else you'll just further frustrate yourself with the amount of apps that don't support the storm series.
    01-29-11 06:33 PM
    op, do what i did and get rid of the storm, or else you'll just further frustrate yourself with the amount of apps that don't support the storm series.
    qft

_____
    01-30-11 01:02 PM
    Obviously you are bound and determined to use a Storm for video calling, despite the fact it's not possible. Were done here.
    Just let asggold find out the hard way. Here's link for Fring fring- make FREE Mobile calls, video calls &live chat to other fringsters, GTalk, AIM, Facebook, Yahoo and others. Visit via your BlackBerry browser. If that doesn't work, use your computer or get a different phone.
    01-30-11 01:30 PM
    Op, do what I did and get rid of the storm, or else you'll just further frustrate yourself with the amount of apps that don't support the storm series.
    Speak for yourself only. I've found somewhere around 200 apps to enjoy, 90% being free. Currently have 34 apps via AppWorld installed plus more that I found outside of AppWorld. I love my Storm2 and the fact that I didn't have to pay $200 for it like so many of the phones out there. AND I can create my own themes for it. My phones does what I WANT it to do.
    01-30-11 01:37 PM
    Speak for yourself only. I've found somewhere around 200 apps to enjoy, 90% being free. Currently have 34 apps via AppWorld installed plus more that I found outside of AppWorld. I love my Storm2 and the fact that I didn't have to pay $200 for it like so many of the phones out there. AND I can create my own themes for it. My phones does what I WANT it to do.
    there isn't enough time in the day to "enjoy 200 apps", even if you were retired. I call BS. No one USES that many apps. They may be INSTALLED, but you don't USE 200 apps. it's not possible.

there isn't even a decent scrabble-like game available. I tried one, but the interface is unusable. The BB platform SUCKS for apps.

oh, and STILL no Netflix app...
    01-30-11 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD